Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very, very, very important question...

Comments

• Options
    Bread in the fridge is bizarre.
  • Options
    always find it odd that people think bread keeps better in the fridge when all tests show it actually makes it go stale
  • Options
    I had never heard of anyone putting bread in the fridge.
    How can you put it in the freezer?
    Mmm, I fancy a ham sandwich, oh wait, the bread is frozen.
  • Options
    And the end slices of the bread is the topper.
  • Options
    End of the slices are the outsiders
  • Options
    Shoebox under the bed
  • Options
    Bread bin.

‘Kin fridge, heard it all now.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Cupboard.

The fridge is where chocolate lives.

This is wrong as well, chocolate should be soft and melt in the mouth, not hard as concrete and braking your teeth
  • Options
    The correct order of events is:
    Eat fresh then breadbin.
    Toast then breadbin.
    Bread pudding tummy in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Shoebox under the bed

with a nice crust on.......like the magazines.
  • Options
    I like a little bit of mould on mine. I like to think there is a little bit of LSD or similar hallucinogens in it to boost my day.
    Therefore, on the worktop, in the bag, where it can sweat a bit.
  • Options

Why is there a D in fridge, we it’s a simple boring answer because back in the fifties when home refrigeration was taking off the main manufacturer was a company call Fridgaire, which some claim to mean frigide air. However my favourite explanation is that it might also be that if you use the logical shortening to frig then this mean a sexual act.

Bread should be kept in a bread bin in my opinion as putting it in the fridge drys it out.

Fridigidare...not Fridgaire!
  • Options
    Didgeridoo.
  • Options
    Not the fridge, same as ketchup
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Didgeridoo.

Dirty boy...
  • Options
    Ends of bread are the crust .
  • Options

se9addick said:

Cupboard.

The fridge is where chocolate lives.

This is wrong as well, chocolate should be soft and melt in the mouth, not hard as concrete and braking your teeth
    Absolutely not, chocolate is so much better slightly chilled.
  • Options

Why is there a D in fridge, we it’s a simple boring answer because back in the fifties when home refrigeration was taking off the main manufacturer was a company call Fridgaire, which some claim to mean frigide air. However my favourite explanation is that it might also be that if you use the logical shortening to frig then this mean a sexual act.

Bread should be kept in a bread bin in my opinion as putting it in the fridge drys it out.

Fridigidare...not Fridgaire!
    That’s the trouble with spell checkers should alway go back and recheck whatever you have written.
  • Options
    This knocks pot noodle threads out of the park!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People that put their bread in the fridge also keep dead bodies under their floorboards.

You can’t keep Dead Bodies under the floorboards for too long, the smell is horrendous after a couple of weeks - especially when we’ve had weather like we’ve been having. Best to add a few bricks, wrap in black bags, cover in chicken wire and throw in the Thames. Or, chop up boil and sell on to ASDA - this is what I have been doing of late..... Although I think @Arsenetatters may have cottoned on when she was in the halal isle in the Swanley branch.

If anybody needs this service, PM me and we can discuss a price.

* this is for disposal only. If you need assistance prior to death, the price is slightly higher.
    Have you got a passport?
  • Options

More importantly, what do you call the end of the loaf?

To me it’s the heel.

It is the heel, anyone who disagrees is probably on some form of police register.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The supermarkets dont keep it refridgerated, neither are the lorries delivering it from the bakers.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

People that put their bread in the fridge also keep dead bodies under their floorboards.

You can’t keep Dead Bodies under the floorboards for too long, the smell is horrendous after a couple of weeks - especially when we’ve had weather like we’ve been having. Best to add a few bricks, wrap in black bags, cover in chicken wire and throw in the Thames. Or, chop up boil and sell on to ASDA - this is what I have been doing of late..... Although I think @Arsenetatters may have cottoned on when she was in the halal isle in the Swanley branch.

* this is for disposal only. If you need assistance prior to death, the price is slightly higher.
    Have you got a passport?
    It sounds like he’s probably got quite a collection
  • Options

To me it’s the heel.

It is the heel, anyone who disagrees is probably on some form of police register.
    I’ve never heard this phrase.

I’ve heard crust most commonly - or sometimes ‘topper’.....but that sounds poncy.

Why is it on sliced bread that you seem to get one good thick crust - and the other is skinny and almost see through?
  • Options

To me it’s the heel.

I’ve never heard this phrase.

I’ve heard crust most commonly - or sometimes ‘topper’.....but that sounds poncy.

Why is it on sliced bread that you seem to get one good thick crust - and the other is skinny and almost see through?
    Loafs are not the same length and are placed at a stop end, the blades are at a set distance (depending of whether thin, medium, thick or extra thick) and are cut, so the last piece furthest from the stop end will vary in thickness.
  • Options
    Come on chaps we have the most important game of the season today.

And this is the most active thread.

Bread bin.
  • Options
    windowsill
  • Options

I though advertising business wasn’t allowed?