Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very, very, very important question...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018

seth plum said:

Bananas keep well in a fridge in a 'banana bag' available from Lakeland. The skin does go black but the banana is fine inside. Much better than having to eat an over ripe banana.

When bananas are getting really quite ripe, mash them on warm toast (sourced from bread in a breadbin) and add honey or better still maple syrup to the top.
    Nice.
    My mum makes a mean banana loaf when they get to that point
    @ricky_otto, any knowledge of this bread made of over ripe bananas?
    Loads. I spend all day making Banana Bread.
  • Options

cabbles said:

What’s people’s bread intake like? 8 slices a day for me. 2 sandwiches at breakfast and lunch

Breakfast I have 2 egg mayo from Lidl, £0.89p cheap shite, you know the ones

Lunch, 2 chicken and spinach ones I make myself

I was, when my company was in Paddington having a baguette for breakfast, but it was from budgens and it was like £3. Too much to be spending on breakfast each day

8 slices of bread a day is a lot of bread cabbs. I take it if you eat sandwiches for breakfast you are having them at work so leaving home on an empty stomach.
    Yes correct mate. I know some people are quite reticent about having a lot of bread and carbs etc, but for me it doesn’t seem to affect me weight wise.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

What’s people’s bread intake like? 8 slices a day for me. 2 sandwiches at breakfast and lunch

I was, when my company was in Paddington having a baguette for breakfast, but it was from budgens and it was like £3. Too much to be spending on breakfast each day

8 slices of bread a day is a lot of bread cabbs. I take it if you eat sandwiches for breakfast you are having them at work so leaving home on an empty stomach.
    Yes correct mate. I know some people are quite reticent about having a lot of bread and carbs etc, but for me it doesn’t seem to affect me weight wise.
    Wait 'til you get to my age mate... :lol:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Bananas keep well in a fridge in a 'banana bag' available from Lakeland. The skin does go black but the banana is fine inside. Much better than having to eat an over ripe banana.

When bananas are getting really quite ripe, mash them on warm toast (sourced from bread in a breadbin) and add honey or better still maple syrup to the top.
    Nice.
    No sugar sprinkled on top? #howsweetdoyouneedittobe ??? :wink:
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I wasn't thinking so much about weight, more about a balanced diet for other health reasons.

You need to mix things up a bit to ensure you get protein, minerals and vitamins from your food sources.

#layofftheloaf
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I wasn't thinking so much about weight, more about a balanced diet for other health reasons.

You need to mix things up a bit to ensure you get protein, minerals and vitamins from your food sources.

#layofftheloaf
    You’ll be pleased to know my dinner habits are as routine and that is usually chicken rice and veg

Not the biggest fan of fruit though
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

There's a lot of salt in bread so that's perhaps something you need to thing about if you have high blood pressure.