Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very, very, very important question...

Comments

• Options

Come on chaps we have the most important game of the season today.

And this is the most active thread.

Bread bin.

Are you saying we should bin the discussion?
  • Options
    Fridge? Surely no one puts bread in the fridge...
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Fridge? Surely no one puts bread in the fridge...

I feel I must defend the use of the fridge...
    Have tried keeping it in the cupboard and mould appears much quicker. Only really use bread for toast anyway so doesn't really matter if it loses its softness. And I don't want to waste freezer space on a fat arse loaf :smile:
  • Options

se9addick said:

Cupboard.

The fridge is where chocolate lives.

This is wrong as well, chocolate should be soft and melt in the mouth, not hard as concrete and braking your teeth
    I advocate (some) chocolate to be kept in the freezer. A frozen crunchie as it shatters in the mouth is a taste and texture sensation.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Didgeridoo.

Dirty boy...
    Didgeridon't?
  • Options
    Uncut loaf - stays out on thr bread board but covered in its wrapping. Lasts until used up, which is 3-4 days (small loaf). Sliced bread in freezer for toast. If needed in an emergency then can be defrosted naturally in an hour on in a microwave in 10 secs.

I've never put bread in the fridge. Weird.
  • Options

People that put their bread in the fridge also keep dead bodies under their floorboards.

You can’t keep Dead Bodies under the floorboards for too long, the smell is horrendous after a couple of weeks - especially when we’ve had weather like we’ve been having. Best to add a few bricks, wrap in black bags, cover in chicken wire and throw in the Thames. Or, chop up boil and sell on to ASDA - this is what I have been doing of late..... Although I think @Arsenetatters may have cottoned on when she was in the halal isle in the Swanley branch.

If anybody needs this service, PM me and we can discuss a price.

* this is for disposal only. If you need assistance prior to death, the price is slightly higher.
    I though advertising business wasn’t allowed?
    It’s more of a hobby.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

People that put their bread in the fridge also keep dead bodies under their floorboards.

You can’t keep Dead Bodies under the floorboards for too long, the smell is horrendous after a couple of weeks - especially when we’ve had weather like we’ve been having. Best to add a few bricks, wrap in black bags, cover in chicken wire and throw in the Thames. Or, chop up boil and sell on to ASDA - this is what I have been doing of late..... Although I think @Arsenetatters may have cottoned on when she was in the halal isle in the Swanley branch.

* this is for disposal only. If you need assistance prior to death, the price is slightly higher.
    Have you got a passport?
    I’ve got quite a few - available at reasonable prices.
  • Options
    Who and why would you put bread in the fridge that is proper odd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bread bin & Crust anything else is unnatural
  • Options
    The fridge will dry out bread. Not good.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Have you got a passport?
    I’ve got quite a few - available at reasonable prices.
    Excellent. May have a job for you in Belgium.
  • Options
    fridge
  • Options
    I put my bread in the fridge and microwave my pot noodles.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Who and why would you put bread in the fridge that is proper odd

It took a bread thread to do it, but I finally get to agree with NLA on something.
  • Options

More importantly, what do you call the end of the loaf?

To me it’s the heel.

The nobby.
    My grandmother used call it the knob end.

Anyway we keep ours in the cupboard where we leave until the following weekend when we want some. We then go and buy some more and repeat the waste.
  • Options
    Bread bin / Nobby.

Anything else is just plain wrong.
  • Options

Freezer. Defrost slices as you need them

Meanwhile on Mumsnet they're probably discussing whether Page or Dasilva should play LB today.

Absolute quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Putting it in the fridge makes it go stale faster... and that's science.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Cheese in the cheese cupboard in the pantry.

Salt in a saltpig.

Garlic in garlic pot, in pantry.

Fruit in fruit bowl.

British sausages in fridge. Foreign ones hanging in pantry.

Most cuts of meat in the fridge. Other cuts of meat and fowl hanging in the pantry.

Wine in the cellar. (Except for emergency whites in the fridge).

Bread in fridge.

Eggs in pantry, not in fridge.
  • Options
    Would agree if I had a pantry or a cellar.
  • Options
    I keep sliced bread in the fridge and uncut bread in a bread bin. I find that sliced bread keeps much better in the fridge. I don't find that it dries out at all.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I work in the bakery business & can categorically state, bread should not be kept in the fridge - it will go stale much quicker at refrigerator temperature.

Do you have spare crumpet?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I work in the bakery business & can categorically state, bread should not be kept in the fridge - it will go stale much quicker at refrigerator temperature.

But it develops mould slower so I guess it depends what you need it for.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Oakster said:

But it develops mould slower so I guess it depends what you need it for.
    True, I tend to use bread to lag my pipes...
  • Options
    Rarely have bread in my house.