Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very, very, very important question...

Comments

• Options
    Is this thread actually for real?

Not on any other football forum in the country would this happen...

The thing is A2TR only ever eats Pizza !!

Pizza - freezer or fridge?

No - don't even go there....
  • Options
    Talal said:

PopIcon said:

Fridge? Surely no one puts bread in the fridge...

I feel I must defend the use of the fridge...
    Have tried keeping it in the cupboard and mould appears much quicker. Only really use bread for toast anyway so doesn't really matter if it loses its softness. And I don't want to waste freezer space on a fat arse loaf :smile:
    Talal. How long do you keep bread for? For me it's three days then gone. I'm assuming if you are fridging it you get an extra three days?
  • Options
    An equally important question is what happened to crusty rolls?
    With a crispy slightly burnt top. Now it's all soft or wholemeal.
  • Options

More importantly, what do you call the end of the loaf?

To me it’s the heel.

The first bit you cut off and the last bit left at the end are both crusts but as you're getting towards the second crust you've got the heel.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I had never heard of anyone putting bread in the fridge.
    How can you put it in the freezer?
    Mmm, I fancy a ham sandwich, oh wait, the bread is frozen.

You put what you don't need for to-day and to-morrow in the freezer, then get it out when you'll need it the next day as it defrosts overnight.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Cupboard.

The fridge is where chocolate lives.

This is wrong as well, chocolate should be soft and melt in the mouth, not hard as concrete and braking your teeth
    Absolutely not, chocolate is so much better slightly chilled.
    Just like oranges.

Cold chocolate that warms up in the mouth is one of life's little pleasures.
  • Options
    Halix said:

The supermarkets dont keep it refridgerated, neither are the lorries delivering it from the bakers.

I'm confused, what have supermarkets got to do with bread? They may have a bakery aisle but it's pushing it to call the stuff they sell "bread".
  • Options
    Put it in the fridge then it will last longer and won't get mouldy

Close the thread
  • Options
    Stig said:

If your fridge doesn't look like this, you're using it wrong.

Are the dead bodies in those cupboards behind the fridge door?
  • Options
    Bread keeps fresher in the Microwave - not turned on of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They stopped being made when bakery’s became more interested in selling pasties, pizza slices , sandwiches and bloody salads

I went in greggs to get crusty rolls the other day and the woman said we don’t sell bread anymore dear
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Talal said:

PopIcon said:

Fridge? Surely no one puts bread in the fridge...

I feel I must defend the use of the fridge...
    Have tried keeping it in the cupboard and mould appears much quicker. Only really use bread for toast anyway so doesn't really matter if it loses its softness. And I don't want to waste freezer space on a fat arse loaf :smile:
    Talal. How long do you keep bread for? For me it's three days then gone. I'm assuming if you are fridging it you get an extra three days?
    I'd say it's good for 7 to 10 days in the fridge (for toast only). Usually have one slice a day, sometimes 2 and rarely have to throw any away.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Bread.

Cupboard or fridge?

Freezer. Take out what you need as and when. Defrost inside a normal supermarket food bag to retain the moisture. Perfectly fresh each time.

Alternatively, just eat fresh with lashings of French unsalted butter and buy fresh again tomorrow.
  • Options

Bread.

Cupboard or fridge?

Freezer. Take out what you need as and when. Defrost inside a normal supermarket food bag to retain the moisture. Perfectly fresh each time.

Alternatively, just eat fresh with lashings of French unsalted butter and buy fresh again tomorrow.
    Mad on every level... :smiley:
  • Options

Can still get crusty rolls loads of places.

Don’t think you can make a decent bacon roll unless the top of the roll cracks as you bite into it. You have to buy them the day you use them, softening crusty rolls very disappointing.

If you really want to ruin a crusty roll, put it in the fridge.
  • Options

Breadbin

You've changed
    Changed? I've always stored my bread in the breadbin
  • Options
    Breadbin,
    As no room in freezer,
    Unless we move uncle Samuel.
  • Options
    Bread should never go in the fridge, same for bananas and eggs!!!
  • Options

Bread should never go in the fridge, same for bananas and eggs!!!

Agreed
  • Options
    Bananas keep well in a fridge in a 'banana bag' available from Lakeland. The skin does go black but the banana is fine inside. Much better than having to eat an over ripe banana.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depends how well bred you are
  • Options
    I thought the ends were called ‘toffers’
  • Options
    What’s people’s bread intake like? 8 slices a day for me. 2 sandwiches at breakfast and lunch

Breakfast I have 2 egg mayo from Lidl, £0.89p cheap shite, you know the ones

Lunch, 2 chicken and spinach ones I make myself

I was, when my company was in Paddington having a baguette for breakfast, but it was from budgens and it was like £3. Too much to be spending on breakfast each day
  • Options
    £3 a day on breakfast (buying fresh rather than home made) is quite good I thought?

Only time I really eat breakfast outside the house is on a Friday when one of the lads does a cafe run and its £4.60 for a bacon and egg bloomer.
  • Options
    In the fridge is weird. Bread bin or cupboard for me and it's always been the Nobby End.
  • Options

Bananas keep well in a fridge in a 'banana bag' available from Lakeland. The skin does go black but the banana is fine inside. Much better than having to eat an over ripe banana.

When bananas are getting really quite ripe, mash them on warm toast (sourced from bread in a breadbin) and add honey or better still maple syrup to the top.
    Nice.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

When bananas are getting really quite ripe, mash them on warm toast (sourced from bread in a breadbin) and add honey or better still maple syrup to the top.
    Nice.
    My mum makes a mean banana loaf when they get to that point
  • Options

£3 a day on breakfast (buying fresh rather than home made) is quite good I thought?

Only time I really eat breakfast outside the house is on a Friday when one of the lads does a cafe run and its £4.60 for a bacon and egg bloomer.

Yeah £3 isn’t too bad. I can never do breakfast in the house in the morning though, time is tight
  • Options
    cabbles said:

What’s people’s bread intake like? 8 slices a day for me. 2 sandwiches at breakfast and lunch

Breakfast I have 2 egg mayo from Lidl, £0.89p cheap shite, you know the ones

Lunch, 2 chicken and spinach ones I make myself

I was, when my company was in Paddington having a baguette for breakfast, but it was from budgens and it was like £3. Too much to be spending on breakfast each day

8 slices of bread a day is a lot of bread cabbs. I take it if you eat sandwiches for breakfast you are having them at work so leaving home on an empty stomach.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Nice.
    My mum makes a mean banana loaf when they get to that point
    @ricky_otto, any knowledge of this bread made of over ripe bananas?