Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale away (ed. 1,200+ sold, more coaches added)

Comments

• Options

Re people needing to stop at the supermarket on the way back to the station, get your return drinks before you leave London and put them in a left luggage locker at Victoria.

Don't people want to drink them on the return train back from Manchester?
    Victoria, Manchester, not London. Anyway, seems Piccadilly would be the place to do it.
  • Options

CatAddick said:

Stig said:

Re people needing to stop at the supermarket on the way back to the station, get your return drinks before you leave London and put them in a left luggage locker at Victoria.

Great idea in theory. Maybe not so good in practice.

https://www.grandcentralrail.com/customer-service/stations?name=manchester-victoria/
    But Manchester Piccadilly does have left luggage :-)
    The only problem is, the amount of ice you need to keep the beers cool.
    Drink ale, best served at the ambient temperature.
  • Options
    Tickets arrived yesterday, no name and address in the window so I assume Royal Mail must have had to open it to see the destination. Weird.
  • Options

Tickets arrived yesterday, no name and address in the window so I assume Royal Mail must have had to open it to see the destination. Weird.

Same here - see my post on here yesterday.
  • Options

Have only skimmed this thread so apologies in advance but I won’t know if I can make it on Saturday until Saturday morning itself. Anyone know if you can pay on the day? Or will it be a case of going in with the home fans?

I have a spare adult and kids ticket due to screw ups with the Charlton ticket site. Happy to meet up and pass it on :smile:
  • Options
    A useful guide for tomorrow including some handy cab telephone numbers.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5aec29a84a518/away-guide-the-crown-oil-arena
  • Options

Have only skimmed this thread so apologies in advance but I won’t know if I can make it on Saturday until Saturday morning itself. Anyone know if you can pay on the day? Or will it be a case of going in with the home fans?

I have a spare adult and kids ticket due to screw ups with the Charlton ticket site. Happy to meet up and pass it on :smile:

Cheers @Alwaysneil , had an inbox offering me a spare as well so looks like due to the kindness of my fellow Lifers I’ll be ok. Will know by 10am whether it’s a goer.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Further to my last post - just spoke to a lovely sounding lady at the Rochdale ticket office and she has confirmed that there will be pay on the day available so if anyone is umming and aaahhing then you’ll be fine.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

The tide is turning on casual racism that’s “just a joke.” Adapt or be left behind

I'll stay behind thanks... too old to change now. I can foresee a time when people will be afraid to talk to each other, express an opinion or even compliment someone for fear of being accuses of some kind of 'ism'. For those who choose to make a career out of seeing something amiss with everything, do carry on, just don't try and convert me.
    I can foresee a time when people will be afraid to smoke in pubs.
    It's all the rage in Amsterdam mate.
    That's where I'm headed as it happens. Feel free to sponsor me ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I shouldnt be nervous about this game, but I am!

I think Lee would have to start a strong team, and manage the game in 20-25 minute chunks, with half an eye on the Plymouth game.

If we get to 60mins and its 0-0 or we are winning 1-0, he might be able take players off to rest them. If we are 1 or 2 down at half time and plymouth are winning by a couple, he might have to keep everyone on longer.

On the flip side if we go in 3 nil up at half time, and plymouth arent winning, he could take ppl off right then.

Its a real test of game management.

Agree. Start with strongest team and adjust accordingly. Trust in Bow, he knows what he is doing (I bloody hope!)

• Options
    Advance guard on the train.

• Options
    @Henry Irving

Do you know the ugly fella front left?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

@Henry Irving

that's Hugo Boss isn't it?

• Options

Further to my last post - just spoke to a lovely sounding lady at the Rochdale ticket office and she has confirmed that there will be pay on the day available so if anyone is umming and aaahhing then you’ll be fine.

Hopefully see you up there then buddy
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Macronate said:

@Henry Irving

Yeah, that's me
  • Options

Macronate said:

@Henry Irving

Yeah, PD
    he's a top fella
  • Options

Is everyone lining up the cash for £1 in the pot up Rochdale?
  • Options

Wot .. No Cardigans!!! Disgraceful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dear CAFC Trev, are you a REAL Charlton Fan?
    or just another Negative doom and suicide jockey ?

If we are up 1-0 at half time, let alone 2 or 3 then Plymouth will need to win 8-0 ?
    this is not a panto its a football match.

LEE BOWYER will have our tails up from the start.
    and we are without question in the Playoffs !!
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

If we are up 1-0 at half time, let alone 2 or 3 then Plymouth will need to win 8-0 ?

I remember when Michael Fish said there will never be a storm....
  • Options

Absolute fuckwits.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    1968CAFC said:

I know right?? Who woulda thought watching Charlton might cause you to temper your expectations!

Not sure what youre disagreeing with though? I said if we are up at half time he could take players off. Dont think that makes me a "suicide jockey".
  • Options
    Good LUCK tomorrow TREV !!
  • Options
    Dear JonneyBev 1987,
    If we to lose 0-2 which i doubt will happen and Plymouth won 2-0 we are still in the playoffs,
    they would not overtake us. we are 3 points ahead with a better goal tally of 8.