Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale away (ed. 1,200+ sold, more coaches added)

Comments

• Options
    What we don't want is injuries to key players like Bauer, Pearce, JFC etc
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

What we don't want is injuries to key players like Bauer, Pearce, JFC etc

This. I did comment last night on the possibility of 'resting' certain players on Saturday. Rochdale will obviously come out all guns blazing and yes, there is the risk of injury to key players. I guess it's down to Bow and JJ. I want to see us put out a side that go out to win the game or at least get a point. It's a difficult one. Glad it's not down to me!
  • Options
    edited May 2018

What we dont want is a 2-0 or 3-0 defeat allowing Plymouth to sneak in

That isn't even a possibility. Seriously. This is a new era. Man up! ;-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

What we dont want is a 2-0 or 3-0 defeat allowing Plymouth to sneak in

That isn't even a possibility. Seriously. This is a new era. Man up! ;-)
    Don't worry, I'll have a word with him on the drive up there.

There's not a chance in hell that there will be a 6 goal swing., unless us or Gillingham have 2 or more players sent off. We recently have a tight defence & so letting in more than 2 is going some. And then there is Plymouths away goalscoring record this season. 19 goals & only 3 times have they scored more than once.

I wouldn't necessarily rest players, but I would be making changes after an hour if things look good for us. I would have a couple of youngsters on the bench & not start Mavididi. Kaikai for example can start or be on the bench.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

The tide is turning on casual racism that’s “just a joke.” Adapt or be left behind

I'll stay behind thanks... too old to change now. I can foresee a time when people will be afraid to talk to each other, express an opinion or even compliment someone for fear of being accuses of some kind of 'ism'. For those who choose to make a career out of seeing something amiss with everything, do carry on, just don't try and convert me.
    I can foresee a time when people will be afraid to smoke in pubs.
    It's all the rage in Amsterdam mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone had there tickets yet? Waiting for the postie today but usually have them by now.

Checked reservations on the website and it say's i have nothing there but have a reference number (took a pic of it luckily!) and they have taken the dollar!

Not sure if there should be anything in the reserved category!
  • Options
    If Rochdale were to score a goal and go 1-0 up i really struggle to believe they would attempt to go for the 2nd,3rd,4th etc. they would park the bus and cling onto their lead, so i see Plymouth needing to score 5
  • Options

Anyone had there tickets yet? Waiting for the postie today but usually have them by now.

Checked reservations on the website and it say's i have nothing there but have a reference number (took a pic of it luckily!) and they have taken the dollar!

Still waiting for my ticket, which was purchased via the call centre over tge weekend.
  • Options
    It would be tempting to rest players that might have minor injuries and niggles.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I ordered last Wednesday evening, it arrived on Tuesday. I called the ticket office on Monday as I was a bit concerned too! Last week they may have been busy with Blackburn tickets, but that shouldn't apply now...

• Options
    Anybody know how many sold?
  • Options

Plymouth look like the marathon runner who has hit the wall. Gills to beat them might be a good bet if the odds look right.

What wall did they hit when they came from behind to beat Rotherham the week before?

Their last six games have been W2 D2 L2 - not that bad. Don’t right them off Gillingham are the one’s struggling W0 D4 L2 - they have only scored twice in those games.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Still waiting for my ticket, which was purchased via the call centre over tge weekend.
    Yeah ordered mine on Sunday but as I say will wait until after the post has been today!
  • Options
    Ordered monday and arrived yesterday up in Yorkshire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It would be tempting to rest players that might have minor injuries and niggles.

We cannot afford to do this. It’s asking for trouble. We need gonin to the game with a strong as team as possible and with the mentality that we need to win the game.

Start playing for a point and resting players isn’t an option.
    We're doing it, according to Bowyer.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

We cannot afford to do this. It’s asking for trouble. We need gonin to the game with a strong as team as possible and with the mentality that we need to win the game.

Start playing for a point and resting players isn’t an option.
    Not sure about this.

What are the odds that there will be a 7 point swing in GD? And do we prefer to play Rotherham or Shrewsbury in the playoffs? Based on current form I think the biggest risk is that we go back up to 5th. I'd back us against Shrews, not sure I would against Rotherham.

(On the other hand playing to draw is a good way to demotivate a team and it never hurts to go into the playoffs full of confidence on the back of a succession of victories....)
  • Options

We want to keep this winning feeling going but at the same time I’d be stupid not to have half an eye on Thursday’s (potential play-off) game, so there will be changes but I don’t want to make too many and change things around too much. There are certain people I want to see play and certain people need minutes because you don’t know what is going to happen. I’ve got to look at other people and see if they can do the job should I require them at a later stage.

“It gives a number of players an opportunity to come in and stake their claim. Joe Aribo hasn’t played the last few games but in those first seven (under Bowyer) he was outstanding. He’s done nothing wrong, he knows that, he has been outstanding for me. He will come back into the side for Saturday.”

The caretaker boss revealed he decided on his starting lineup after watching a number of Rochdale games yesterday and added: “I know whoever comes in will know what is expected of them and give us 100%.”

Bowyer hangs on my every word.
  • Options
    Held onto a tight 1 goal lead against Blackburn. Need a resounding victory away at Rochdale to keep confidence flowing. Anything less than a win will damage confidence.
  • Options
    We must go up there with the intent of winning and playing our best side. Dicking around resting players or trying to engineer a situation where we finishing 6th and face Shrewsbury will end up going tits up. Momentum and confidence is key going into the play-offs.
  • Options
    We need to win against Rochdale so that a) we go into the play offs on a winning run; and b) we are not victims of an unexpected total collapse by Gillingham if we did lose which in any way prevents their dear friends at the Valley from going up...
  • Options

We need to win against Rochdale so that a) we go into the play offs on a winning run; and b) we are not victims of an unexpected total collapse by Gillingham if we did lose which in any way prevents their dear friends at the Valley from going up...

A draw will do but agree with the general principle
  • Options
    I'll back Bowyer's decision re team selection. I too can't see Dale scoring four goals. Plymouth may well beat the Gills but I've a sneaky feeling that the Pilgrim's may well have already accepted their fate.