Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A message to the fellow boycotters

Comments

• Options

Up to others but I don't agree with boycotting when the team needs us personally.

I understand the concept and I am no RD fan, but a lack of the support for the team is not something I will encourage.

Good, fair post.
  • Options
    I understand stand not wanting to give Roland money but it's not gonna make a difference to how quickly he sells or not. The difference of a few thousand quid from people who boycott isn't gonna to bother him one bit. So providing you still have an emotional interest in Charlton, this is exactly the sort of game we need as many people as possible regardless of whether its Jacko's last game or not.
  • Options

I understand stand not wanting to give Roland money but it's not gonna make a difference to how quickly he sells or not. The difference of a few thousand quid from people who boycott isn't gonna to bother him one bit. So providing you still have an emotional interest in Charlton, this is exactly the sort of game we need as many people as possible regardless of whether its Jacko's last game or not.

Pay for me then.
  • Options
    saying bye to johnny isnt the aim of saturday its about getting our arses into the playoffs and a chance of getting out of this poxy league.
  • Options
    I am a hardcore boycotter (well for last season and this) and believe that if everyone had boycotted Douchebag would have gone earlier. Not so much that he is hit in the pocket but more the fact that his ‘vision’ would be seen as a failure and he would give up earlier.
    I was tempted to go for this last (perhaps…) home game of the season and Jacko was the main emotional pull.
    However out of the blue I have been invited for a Centre Circle jolly up so I will attend with a clear conscience!

• Options
    Will boycotters stay away from a home playoff leg?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on let's get down there and get behind the lads from the off just bye a cheap ticket will make no difference to the old prick so coyr.
  • Options
    I will be playing World of Tanks.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

Yes, but I will be there saturday. The same as I was there for Keith Palmer, some things are more important than a game of football. I wanted to pay my respects to PC Palmer and this time if he's on the pitch or not I want to say thank you to Johnnie Jackson. Ive said before Douchbag drove me away from our football club in 2015, I consider myself a lapsed supporter that fell back in love with the club when I visited Belgium and saw the people with the drive and determination that were prepared to fight for what they believe in. I've watched all bar one game this season on tv and love to see those red shirts win, last season I really didn't give a toss either way.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Stig said:

No way is Two Shats having any of my cash. I'll be at Rochdale though.

Unless you are going to buy a ticket directly from Rochdale then I suspect RD has had the benefit of your cash and no doubt thanks you for your contribution...
    Away clubs keep five per cent of the net ticket value from tickets sold by them (AFAIK). In the case of a £22 Rochdale ticket I make that 92p (plus any booking fee, less any postage).
    Right, I'm not going to Rochdale then if Roland gets 92p.
    Fook the team and promotion. Not a penny more :wink:

PS Jacko has an achilles injury and will not be playing.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

Yes & Wembley should we get there.

I admire anyone that is strong-willed enough to take a stance and have the determination to stick at it.

However....

its worth remembering that this isn't about work principles, cheating partners, broken friendships, law etc. This is based on a past time, a hobby, one that is meant to bring you some pleasure and a break away from the other more serious aspects in life.

Supporting Charlton is largely sh*t, with the odd good thing thrown in sporadically every 10-20 years. There's a few high-pressure games with increased focus on the horizon, with the potential for a day out at Wembley for the first time in 20 years.

These are the rare moments that you put the emotional and physical miles in for over the years. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Park your principles (no one sensible will think any less of you), wipe out RD from your head for the next few weeks and fully engage in what are the crucial moments when being a football supporter. Ultimately, at this stage of the game maintaining your stance or breaking your stance will not impact on the wider outcome one iota, only in your own head.

If nothing changes over the summer (or things regress), then everyone can collectively reassess and consider plans for change for the season ahead.

But can't we just all revert to being 'Charlton fans without the other stuff' for just a few weeks?

Yes lets all pick & choose which games we boycott, if people want to go that's up to them, I choose not to.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I admire anyone that is strong-willed enough to take a stance and have the determination to stick at it.

However....

its worth remembering that this isn't about work principles, cheating partners, broken friendships, law etc. This is based on a past time, a hobby, one that is meant to bring you some pleasure and a break away from the other more serious aspects in life.

Supporting Charlton is largely sh*t, with the odd good thing thrown in sporadically every 10-20 years. There's a few high-pressure games with increased focus on the horizon, with the potential for a day out at Wembley for the first time in 20 years.

These are the rare moments that you put the emotional and physical miles in for over the years. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Park your principles (no one sensible will think any less of you), wipe out RD from your head for the next few weeks and fully engage in what are the crucial moments when being a football supporter. Ultimately, at this stage of the game maintaining your stance or breaking your stance will not impact on the wider outcome one iota, only in your own head.

If nothing changes over the summer (or things regress), then everyone can collectively reassess and consider plans for change for the season ahead.

But can't we just all revert to being 'Charlton fans without the other stuff' for just a few weeks?

Very well said! Charlton is a hobby, and for a lot of us, especially those of us on this website everyday, its our main hobby. We hate RD and boycott because he's ruined our hobby. But with some excitement of playoffs and one of the biggest legends ever at the club having their last home game (whether actually playing or not) is worth attending imo. Hopefully we'll have a great attendance singing Jacko's name for 90minutes!

Also despite JJ supporting another team I'm pretty sure he loves Charlton, and likely hates the owners too. I don't want his final game spoiled even further by having a shit attendance.
  • Options
    And if you're giving your boycott a rest on Saturday you might like to know there's a flash sale in the club shop before the game. Not sure of the hours but 25% off everything, or so I overheard today.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

I won't attend, but will be at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Greenie said:

Everyone to their own, but , as I've said so many times before, RD doesn't give a Toss whether you boycott or not - it will just be another tiny little droplet in the CAFC debt ocean if you don't go. I would suggest that all boycotters re-look at themselves and forget about their feuds with RD for just one game and see if you can help make an atmosphere with some noise and help our team through to the playoffs.

As I have said before, if everyone boycotted and there was not one fan in the ground then the Rat would have sold ages ago, of course he would, the negative publicity would have been extraordinary. I dont judge those who want to go, they have their reasons but 'for the good of the club' is not one of them, and it just reinforces The Rats opinion that its just about results, and not his stewardship, he must be having a right old chuckle as he duck tapes up his brogues.
    If everyone had boycotted (obviously hypothetical because it would never happen, think of just Seb for starters).

Even if RD decided to sell after some time, (KM having said that supporter revenue wasn't particularly consequential).

We'd probably ALL needed to have boycotted for more than a full season, possibly longer 2 years, 3 years ?
    No one knows what that may have led to.

(Just saying as I can see everyone's point of view, just as I did when many didn't go to Selhurst).
  • Options

iainment said:

Pay for me then.
    Peculiar logic.
    I was being facetious. I wouldn't go until he goes.
  • Options
    I like JJ as a player and have no doubt he is a decent guy, why he let himself be used by Daisy at times is beyond me.

I have no intention of breaking my boycott and to me it is a principle.

• Options
    edited April 2018

el-pietro said:

I won't attend, but will be at Wembley.
    Rolly gets a cut of the gate.

I really thought the old git would have gone by now.
  • Options
    Question:
    If we were down to Seb and his brother plus a few tourists at home matches why would any one want to buy CAFC.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Everyone to their own, but , as I've said so many times before, RD doesn't give a Toss whether you boycott or not - it will just be another tiny little droplet in the CAFC debt ocean if you don't go. I would suggest that all boycotters re-look at themselves and forget about their feuds with RD for just one game and see if you can help make an atmosphere with some noise and help our team through to the playoffs.

As I have said before, if everyone boycotted and there was not one fan in the ground then the Rat would have sold ages ago, of course he would, the negative publicity would have been extraordinary..
    That ship sailed last season imo. There was the opportunity there following the Burnley game for everyone to make that collective stance into the next season. I believe a few thousand of us did, but not enough to be truely effective which imo was a great shame. Since then, of those few thousand some are back fully (I’m in that category), some pick and choose, some are sticking to their guns but maintaining an active a Charlton interest and some have just drifted away from Charlton altogether.

The boycott aspect won’t work now though on a mass scale unless there is a retention of ownership into next season and beyond, and a further downward shock accompanying it.

So imo whether there are a few hundred different on our o/s home crowds and potential Wembley support won’t make one jot of difference in terms of whether RD keeps or sells.

• Options

Question:
    If we were down to Seb and his brother plus a few tourists at home matches why would any one want to buy CAFC.

Because they would look beyond why it was just them there