Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A message to the fellow boycotters

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Simonsen said:

shirty5 said:

Is that the case, that there has been an increase this season?

And will increase a bit more after Saturday's game. Maybe new supporters have started to watch the team and have replaced some of those who have stopped going?
    How many tickets do the trust get given per home game now?
    500 are blocked out in the East, but that won’t be the full extent of the comps
  • Options
    I dont believe the boycott has influenced R D in his decision to sell the club,with regards to what he is asking for the club,who really knows the truth,I remain hopeful that we can get up this year,despite some depressing results early on,we are the team that the others would like to avoid if we get to the play offs.
  • Options

The boycott has not worked,and will not work.The vast majority put their love of the club above their opinions of the owner,the financial aspect does not affect RD one iota,he is a billionaire and at his age losinga few million is totally irrelevant.Like everyone else I have hated what has happened over the last few years,but the last few weeks have given hope for the future,RD or not,who knows what new ownership will bring,remember the initial euphoria when RD took over.If we get up this season,keep the management team and the majority of our best players,the future is bright To me all that matters is what happens on the pitch,I pay to see football matches not to listen to boardroom arguments and other often unfounded information.Respect to everyone in their chosen path,hope it wont be long before we have our charlton back.

How can anyone say that boycotting hasn't worked and will not work? It's been part of a large number of protests which have resulted in the despised owner deciding to sell the club. It's also contributed to the debt mountain he now has to deal with, one way or another. It's helped jack up the cost of his failure to run the club properly, listen to the supporters or take effective action when Katrien Meire was arrogantly making one disastrous decision after another and running the club down the pan. If losing a few million was irrelevant, why is Duchatelet continuing to nickel and dime prospective owners for every penny he can? All that matters to you is the what happens on the pitch - your call, but it's been overwhelmingly dire since he arrived and don't be fooled by the fact we are still in play-off contention. This is now our longest spell ever in our lowest division and the odds are on us remaining in it again next season.
    This is the part I don't understand. Either Roland doesn't care about the money, or he does. Everything we've heard in regards to this take-over is that Roland is expecting more than the club is worth, so that tells me he DOES care about the money. So the 'boycotting hasn't worked because the money is insignificant' line doesn't wash with me.

I don't think boycotting alone would have been enough to get him to sell (unless it was a sustained all out boycott) but it's the combination of factors that has helped do the job.

• Options

Is it just me? Is the Blackburn a big game?.

Yes, possibly just you. When you consider the "big" games Charlton have had in the last 5/10 years, it's massive.
    I'm confident there will be a declared attendance of 18,000, so our biggest game for years.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    No one knows and will ever know how many people are truly boycotting.

It is possible that the majority of the non attenders are simply not attending, because of the clubs lowly position and they have no desire to watch L1 football.

I reckon our crowds are down by @4,000 because you obviously get lower away followings in L1.

If we have 1,000 (pure guess) boycotting, they may have paid an average of £300 per season, that's £300K per season, which is inconsequential to RD.

PS I'm not asking boycotters to return, each to their own.
  • Options

Yes, possibly just you. When you consider the "big" games Charlton have had in the last 5/10 years, it's massive.
    I'm confident there will be a declared attendance of 18,000, so our biggest game for years.
    Spot on.
    See you tomorrow mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The boycott has not worked,and will not work.The vast majority put their love of the club above their opinions of the owner,the financial aspect does not affect RD one iota,he is a billionaire and at his age losinga few million is totally irrelevant.Like everyone else I have hated what has happened over the last few years,but the last few weeks have given hope for the future,RD or not,who knows what new ownership will bring,remember the initial euphoria when RD took over.If we get up this season,keep the management team and the majority of our best players,the future is bright To me all that matters is what happens on the pitch,I pay to see football matches not to listen to boardroom arguments and other often unfounded information.Respect to everyone in their chosen path,hope it wont be long before we have our charlton back.

The missing 5,000 suggest it is not the vast majority. I call it about a third are missing.
  • Options

Boycotters, have you reached the corridor of uncertainty ?

No!
  • Options

With about 14,000 bums on seats.

Still many thousands down if we were not in the turmoil we are in at the moment.
  • Options
    Just my theory but the purchase of CAFC was always a vehicle for Meire. When the boycotting, protesting, not buying a pie ALL worked in getting her out he had no further interest in the club.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Just my theory but the purchase of CAFC was always a vehicle for Meire. When the boycotting, protesting, not buying a pie ALL worked in getting her out he had no further interest in the club.

I think the fact that she no longer felt comfortable attending matches was the biggest reason why she left. Who would want to attend a football match knowing thousands upon thousands of your own fans hate you and you are being insulted by said fans during the game through chants and songs and on social media when matches aren't being played? Can't be much fun.

Don't think I have any sympathy for her, I don't, not an ounce. Early on when the protests started there were some that said we shouldn't be aiming at Meire. I and many others here, always believed that if we could get at her, it could be the key to Roland selling up.
  • Options

With about 14,000 bums on seats.

Still many thousands down if we were not in the turmoil we are in at the moment.
    No, I think most S/T holders will be there tomorrow so more like 17,000 bums on seats.
  • Options
    Fair play to the boycotters and I look forward to the day you are all back.

I decided two years ago to ditch the season ticket and spend less money on the club each year than I would have under the season ticket so still go occasionally. Tomorrow will be one of those occasions. Looking forward to it,
  • Options

Of course it was.
  • Options

I think the fact that she no longer felt comfortable attending matches was the biggest reason why she left. Who would want to attend a football match knowing thousands upon thousands of your own fans hate you and you are being insulted by said fans during the game through chants and songs and on social media when matches aren't being played? Can't be much fun.

Don't think I have any sympathy for her, I don't, not an ounce. Early on when the protests started there were some that said we shouldn't be aiming at Meire. I and many others here, always believed that if we could get at her, it could be the key to Roland selling up.
    Squirrel face was ruthless and had b*******.

She was antagonistic and revelled in becoming high profile.

If she was so bothered she would not have come back when she left at half-time for the 'Liar' bed sheet match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

iainment said:

At the end of the day we all choose how to spend our money. I wouldn't presume to tell anyone else what to do with the money they have.
    So I am uncomfortable with people trying to get me to forgo a principle and spend my money on Duchatelet's Charlton.

I'm not giving my money to a c*** that has f***** us over.
    Elfs you dont give anyone money.
    Neither do you in the Bromley South Wetherspoons.
  • Options
    Ps

You got money from me in the Wimbledon Wetherspoons last season. Not much though.
  • Options
    Wow, my boycotting eldest son has just told me he's coming tomorrow.
    He attended the first game of the season v Bristol R, but other than that hasn't been since we were relegated.
  • Options

He attended the first game of the season v Bristol R, but other than that hasn't been since we were relegated.

Boycotting coz of Roland, or just the shit football?
  • Options

Enjoy your day.
    My son is still boycotting.
    Days like tomorrow are special so enjoy every moment mate
  • Options

Roland he said, but like many was as much to do with the shit football I suspect.
  • Options

iainment said:

At the end of the day we all choose how to spend our money. I wouldn't presume to tell anyone else what to do with the money they have.
    So I am uncomfortable with people trying to get me to forgo a principle and spend my money on Duchatelet's Charlton.

I'm not giving my money to a c*** that has f***** us over.
    Nor am I.
  • Options

Roland he said, but like many was as much to do with the shit football I suspect.
    50/50 if the truth be told with the lost support.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how many we get today