Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 28 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    It's going to be an extremely difficult game this Saturday. I'd say it's 45% lose, 30% we win,25% draw. They've already been promoted,so their job for the season is basically done, this might cause them to be flippant in the approach to the game,but then on the other hand when the pressure is off,good players like to express themselves. I'm going to resort to prayer.
  • Options
    Otzumer out of contract this summer.
  • Options
    matt88 said:

They have 1 defeat in 33 in the league... I'll happily take a point.

What was Huddersfield's run before we ended it, just asking
  • Options
    Tony Mowbray thinks they should be beating teams like Charlton.
    Lee Browyer thinks we can beat Blackburn
    Even though they have only lost 1 in 33.

IF we win it will be our best League One Victory since we beat Huddersfield ending there 350 match unbeaten record.

3-2 Charlton.
    COYR
  • Options
    My first game at the Valley was the last home game of the season, we lost 3-4.

I reckon we will loose by tbe odd goal
  • Options
    Is Tony Mowbray still Blackburn’s manager?

I think he is a top manager and if he’s still there, proper test for Bowyer.

Popped down the River pub this evening and had a good chat with landlord Trevor a proper Charlton fan.

COYR
  • Options
    So hard to predict but I bumped into two Addicks in the Bird in Hand in Forest Hill this evening and one of them said Blackburn's season has been based on luck. If so, they've probably used it all up so it's a 1-0 home win with Dack scoring an own goal.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

matt88 said:

They have 1 defeat in 33 in the league... I'll happily take a point.

What was Huddersfield's run before we ended it, just asking
    When I said 350 matches unbeaten I did exaggerate a tad; it was 43 games before losing 2-0 to Cafc at the valley. Yann and Green scoring in the November encounter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me, if we win it will be about every single one of our players putting in a huge performance and together with hopefully a big noisy crowd, the sheer force of will, getting us over the line. With fosu in the team, i think we would be a match for most in this division - without, we need something special from the others which they haven't managed so far this season. Nick a goal somehow then grind it out dogs of war style - we simply can't play when fosu doesn't play as we don't stretch teams and open them up - it just becomes pass pass pass - this is gonna be about grinding out a win - its possible but we have to be the 12th man, regardless what some say about the crowd being irrelevant - look at liverpool - that crowd and stadium has lifted that team to some incredible performances - we've done that before - we did it at pompey - we have to do it again saturday - COYR!!!!!!
  • Options

So hard to predict but I bumped into two Addicks in the Bird in Hand in Forest Hill this evening and one of them said Blackburn's season has been based on luck. If so, they've probably used it all up so it's a 1-0 home win with Dack scoring an own goal.

1 defeat in 33 games is not luck.
  • Options
    0-0 but Plymouth drop points at home so still in our hands
  • Options
    Bowyer describing Ajose as a goal machine is Robboesque.

Home win
  • Options
    This season has been carefully orchestrated as Roland's final revenge and can only end in tears.

1-2

(Dack's second goal, a 96th minute penalty but the really bitter blow will be saved for the final game)
  • Options
    Very hard game to really make a call on because you just don't know how Blackburn will approach the game.

Kind of similar to the Leeds game at The Valley in 2010 when they were already up more or less and didn't really turn up which allowed us to sneak a 1-0 win.

Will Blackburn really be up for a tough match given they're already up? Seems unlikely but even at 85% they will still be tough to beat.

I fancy 1-1.
  • Options
    Mavididi injured..? How long...?
  • Options
    Obviously going to be a tough game but unlike the Wigan and Shrewsbury home games I think we will get something out of this one.
    I’m going for a 1-1 Draw
  • Options
    0-0 lock up and shut down performance. 1 point could be enough if other results go our way. Rochdale will be the bum squeak game if they don't so we should also hope they pick up 3 points this weekend.
  • Options
    If we lose, we need to make sure it is not by more than 1 or 2. Our goal difference is only 4 better than Plymouth's and it could be decisive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-0 win again but Charlton to hang on after being under the cosh! Pearce or BFG to score.
  • Options
    Gawd knows... 1-1 ?
  • Options
    2 - 1 Charlton Ajose with both.
  • Options
    eeny meeny miny moe , 1-1 draw. In my head we need to win this one really as we dont want to rely on the last game of the season nerves, hope we do it with a bit to spare. Open game so anything can happen.
  • Options
    Going to be a very tough match. Proper looking forward to this match.

We can’t afford to give away and early goal and give Blackburn added momentum. I hope we will get on the front foot and take the game to Blackburn.

I think a 1-1 draw which will leave everything up for grabs going into the final game of the season.
  • Options
    Shouldnt expect to see Dijksteel tomorrow then
  • Options
    They had to remove a small loose body from Solly’s knee? No wonder he was in pain with it, poor guy!
  • Options
    A straightforward 2-0 win, and we all wonder how Blackburn managed an automatic promotion spot, because they look very average.