Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 28 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

1235»

Comments

• Options

I can't make it so I reckon it'll be one of those games that go down in Charlton history and about 40,000 claim they were there.

3-0 Home win and other results mean we are as good as in the playoffs.

Pretty much how I’m feeling as well
  • Options
    I think it will be close - 1-1 or 1-0. Important we play defensively and fans accept this.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Hoping this isn't my last home game of the season before watching England underwhelm in the world cup. A fighting performance like last Saturday and against Plymouth will do nicely.

Blackburn are a very good side in this division so I'm mostly hoping we show up and don't put in another Robinson-esque performance like we did against Scunthorpe. If we play the football we are capable of, then I can see us getting g something out of this. If not, we could be in for a stuffing and a major bashing to our GD.

COYR!
  • Options
    Completely agree with those saying fans will need to be patient. A draw is good enough today. Blackburn have been very good over the course of the season. I do think they're there to be gotten at, but they have a lot of players who can hurt us on the counter as well. Under Bowyer we've been best when we get the first goal, and especially an early goal. That would be brilliant today but it won't come easy.

I would go for the diamond in midfield. I know a flat 4-4-2 with Marshall on one of the flanks gives us more width and pace, but Marshall just doesn't contribute enough from the start for me. I know when we play the diamond we struggle for width, and struggle with width, but I'd rather we try to clog midfield, try to deny service to Graham and Dack in dangerous areas, and try to unlock them with little bits of quality from our central players.

...... ........ Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Page
    ............... Kashi
    .........Aribo.. F-Caskey
    .............. Reeves
    ......... Magennis Ajose

I don't think this is what Bowyer will go with, I think hell go flat 4-4-2. When we've done that I think the forwards can become isolated and it doesn't get as much out of Reeves or Fosu, the latter not meaning anything for today. I know the diamond can be stodgy, but stodgy is OK for the first 60-70 minutes today.
  • Options

Not sure if a wind up but this is a reply on a mates Facebook status this morning.

He’s deffo out
  • Options

Not sure if a wind up but this is a reply on a mates Facebook status this morning.

He’s deffo out
    he is?
  • Options
    Opportunity for Blackburn to play some of their squad players. If so we should win.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I see that Dack split with his girlfriend yesteday - maybe its a groin strain ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5664465/Olivia-Attwood-splits-footballer-Bradley-Dack.html
  • Options
    Dack being out would give us a little mental boost. 2-1 winning goal scored from a free kick by my beloved JJ.

Will it be shown on insta?
  • Options
    Quietly confident
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Want to feel old? Carlton Cole is 34. In my mind he's still filed away in the "young and a bit rubbish but might still come good." Also known as the "Shola Ameobi."

Also, Carlton Cole has 7(!!!!!) England caps. So we can complain about Wellbeck getting I the squad despite looking a shell of the player who has put in some decent performances and scored some decent goals for England, but at least England aren't picking Charlton Cole.
  • Options
    This is going to one very tough game. Rovers have scored a lot of goals and we are prone to giving away a soft one. To get even a point out of this game the very best Charlton need to turn up and not the one that we know can on too many occasions this season.

Desperate for us to get a win but I think a point will be a good point.

Having said that I think Blackburn will win this 2 -0
  • Options
    Judging by the CAFC Instagram, Jackson will play some part.
  • Options
    Jackson definitely in the squad today.
    Konsa at right back and Jackson on the bench instead of injured Dijksteel.

Jackson coming on and scoring last goal and we win the game. Fairytale endings can happen...
  • Options
    Huge odds if anyone is interested. Worth a pound, surely?
  • Options
    I'd wait and see if Jackson is on the bench first as he's meant to be injured
  • Options
    I'd take a draw today think it's going to be difficult with Blackburn having little pressure on them.

Hoping for a great send off to JJ
  • Options
    1-0 home win. JFC with the goal.
  • Options
    2-1. A repeat of the famous victory in 74/75 season. They went up as title winners, us as runners up. One of my all time favourite games. The song that day was ‘champions, didn’t I tell ya’ which stayed with us for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    They got beachballs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Anyone able to grab me a programme from today. I'll pay you back and pay postage. And or meet to collect it.
  • Options
  • Options

I'd wait and see if Jackson is on the bench first as he's meant to be injured

Yes he is
  • Options
    Fans are urged to be in the ground before 2.40pm this afternoon as @johnnie_jackson will be honoured pitchside for his service to the club when the players finish their warm-up. #cafc