Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 28 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I can see anything happening here:

1. Toothless without Fosu and Mav we get pummelled by a rampant Blackburn and lose heavily.

2. Blackburn are on the beach/not as good as we think they are and we ride the current tide of form and have a straightforward 2-0 win.

3. A dull as ditchwater 0-0

4. A barn storming 4-0 home win with two up front

5. A sterile nervy game that we lose narrowly having struggled to create and defend bravely before conceding late on.

I have no idea. I was confident until the news about Mav and Fos. Now I’m less so. Well be interesting come what may.

• Options
    They will score 2, so it'll better be 3:2 to us. Mag, 2 Reeve 1
  • Options

I can see anything happening here:

1. Toothless without Fosu and Mav we get pummelled by a rampant Blackburn and lose heavily.

2. Blackburn are on the beach/not as good as we think they are and we ride the current tide of form and have a straightforward 2-0 win.

3. A dull as ditchwater 0-0

4. A barn storming 4-0 home win with two up front

5. A sterile nervy game that we lose narrowly having struggled to create and defend bravely before conceding late on.

I have no idea. I was confident until the news about Mav and Fos. Now I’m less so. Well be interesting come what may.

Get off that fence! might aswell said i dont have a clue as you put pretty much every eventuality
  • Options
    If they have already been celebrating may I suggest several open and chilled bottles of champagne in their dressing room for when they arrive?

Nick a few nibbles off Sue and they should be nodding off about 3pm.
  • Options
    Think i would start Marshall instead of Reeves personally. Nothing against Reeves as he has improved massively but Marshalls pace could be good on the counter and he works extremely hard.
    If he could have gotten a couple of decent balls in the box against pompey then that would a much more comprehensive result!

Can always bring Reeves on to find that killer ball in the last 20 if we need that of course.
  • Options
    CAS Trust looks back and contrasts tomorrow with the game against Blackburn 60 years ago yesterday.

https://castrust.org/2018/04/blackburn/
  • Options
    Can't see anything but a loss. 2-0 to Blackburn.
  • Options
    Fosu missing is a big blow but the reason we've won the last two games is we kept a clean sheet and nicked a goal. Admittedly a bigger test tomorrow but if the defence can stay as solid as those two games then we can get something.

Hopefully the crowd will stay patient and see 0-0 at half-time as perfectly acceptable then see what happens after the break, hopefully kicking towards the Covered End.

Only my 4th trip this season - in the family stand with my two plus old Kinveachy Gardens mates and their kids so can't wait!
  • Options
    Just read that...all good and that but gotta beat whats infront of you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Nick a few nibbles off Sue.

We haven't got anyone that quick or brave.
  • Options
    cant see past a draw at best, but they are beatable so chuck everything at them and go for it, hopefully other results are kind to us.
  • Options
    They're Blackburn not Barcelona! Go and give it a good go and try to take all 3 points! If we set up for the draw we will get beaten
  • Options
    No idea - anything can happen with this game.
    If Blackburn score first we might fold....
  • Options

Think i would start Marshall instead of Reeves personally. Nothing against Reeves as he has improved massively but Marshalls pace could be good on the counter and he works extremely hard.
    If he could have gotten a couple of decent balls in the box against pompey then that would a much more comprehensive result!

Can always bring Reeves on to find that killer ball in the last 20 if we need that of course.

Marshall works hard but does nothing with the ball. His covering of the full-back on his wing may be what gets him the starting place.
  • Options
    Tense game anticipated, shame I cant be there, Blackburn are a decent side, good defence but on our day we are a decent side as well, all being well a narrow victory to us.
  • Options
    Fanny's 2nd prediction of the season as it worked so well last Saturday.

So, if Boro beat the Spanners tomorrow, we'll beat Rovers.

:wink:
  • Options
    got a feeling we'll win this one and stuff it up at rochdale...
  • Options
    Happy to be nestling below Fanny, so I'll plump for an unexpected 2-0 to keep the smile on my face.
  • Options

Happy to be nestling below Fanny, so I'll plump for an unexpected 2-0 to keep the smile on my face.

The pleasure's all mine, Jon !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheeky
  • Options
    Sage said:

They had to remove a small loose body from Solly’s knee? No wonder he was in pain with it, poor guy!

Was it Tony Watt?
  • Options
    The figures here suggest that Blackburn have resorted to their traditional game of thugball

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues

The ref Rob Jones on the other hand is one of the most lenient around.

• Options
    Bowyer on Ajose: "He’s a goal machine, the ball falls to him, he’s going to score"

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ae1e3abd8b14/bowyer-on-ajose-hes-a-goal-machine-the-ball-falls-to-him-hes-going-to-score
  • Options
    sm said:

The figures here suggest that Blackburn have resorted to their traditional game of thugball

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues

The ref Rob Jones on the other hand is one of the most lenient around.

I notice we are the team that has been fouled the most in the division. Need that stat on the refs wall.
  • Options

got a feeling we'll win this one and stuff it up at rochdale...

More than probably LOL
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

19 years almost to the day since we played out a 0-0 with Rovers in the 3rd to last game of our first Premier League season. Didn't do either of us any favours as we were both relegated at the end of the season.

Can't remember any details of the game except that Ashley Ward was denied a stonewall penalty for Rovers. Would imagine it was a pretty dull match for the neutral, with fear of losing outweighing desperation to win. That was certainly how I felt watching it. Atmosphere at The Valley had been superb that season, but it was pretty quiet that day, presumably because 20,000 of us spent most of the afternoon with our arses clenched and fingernails chewed to the base. The sort of day where you wouldn't be surprised if an ardent non-smoker asked if he could pinch one of your B & H.

Both teams after a win on Saturday, so I predict 3-2 to someone.

I'm sure Blackburn hit the bar too that game. If I remember correctly, Martin Pringle deflected a shot by his head onto the bar.
  • Options
    Hoping for a similar result to the one we had in February 2004. A pulsating win with a last minute winnner by JFC. Come on Charlton, don’t let me down #COYA
  • Options
    Would never have guessed we'd be joint top with Blackburn (18) in scoring headed goals this season!