Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 28 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Hoping for a similar result to the one we had in February 2004. A pulsating win with a last minute winnner by JFC. Come on Charlton, don’t let me down #COYA

Couldn't deal with a goalie scoring again
  • Options
    www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/april/tony-well-take-no-risks-at-charlton/
  • Options
    I can't make it so I reckon it'll be one of those games that go down in Charlton history and about 40,000 claim they were there.

3-0 Home win and other results mean we are as good as in the playoffs.
  • Options
    I think the atmosphere could turn flat a bit like the Shrewsbury game. Blackburn to win 2-0 and results see us hoping for a turn around in the last match.
  • Options
    2-1 Addicks
  • Options
    It will be important the fans are ready for a cagey game. We certainly shouldn't go gung ho. It would play into their hands, but that might mean patience is required.
  • Options

So hard to predict but I bumped into two Addicks in the Bird in Hand in Forest Hill this evening and one of them said Blackburn's season has been based on luck. If so, they've probably used it all up so it's a 1-0 home win with Dack scoring an own goal.

That would do me
  • Options
    I predict a headed goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We want Rochdale to beat Oxford tomorrow. We also want Oldham to lose. Then Rochdale are as good as safe for their match against us as their goal difference will be at least 11 better than Oldham's with 3 points between them. Then providing Plymouth lose one of their three games then we can lose against Blackburn and beat an already safe Rochdale.
  • Options

We want Rochdale to beat Oxford tomorrow. We also want Oldham to lose. Then Rochdale are as good as safe for their match against us as their goal difference will be at least 11 better than Oldham's with 3 points between them. Then providing Plymouth lose one of their three games then we can lose against Blackburn and beat an already safe Rochdale.

I think everyone between us has pretty much gone over all the permitations of tomorrow and the last week of the regular season.
  • Options

Goodness me, I know I have put a few different scenarios up and what would be good. We probably all have. But that post is a lot of different set of results good by perfectly for us if we were to lose tomorrow. It’s very unlikely to happen that way. Even if I do think Rochdale will get some kind of result tomorrow.

For me, my thinking right now is we need to win tomorrow. If we do that, the rest takes care of itself and we keep our fate in our own hands and not rely on Plymouth losing to Scunthorpe or dropping points here and there.

A win tomorrow is all we need to be thinking about right now. The moment we take our focus off of what we need to do and hope for things to go our way before doing our own job, that’s when things go wrong.

I am all for scenarios and looking at other results for what we need or want to happen. But right now, the only thing we as fans need to be doing is focusing on getting behind the team tomorrow in what is going to be a massive game in our season. We do that, we put ourselves in a great chance of winning the game.
  • Options

I think everyone between us has pretty much gone over all the permitations of tomorrow and the last week of the regular season.
    don't treat him too harshly poor love. He lives in France & it takes a few weeks for information to get over there - they still live in black & white you know.
  • Options
    Kashi vs Dack is crucial. I think JFC can cover if Lee allows a bit of fluidity. Marshall and JDS to step up on the wings. 2-1.
  • Options
    The title is obviously secondary to promotion but, if they are to have any chance of winning it, this is a game that Blackburn absolutely must win. I therefore expect them to go for it after a cagey opening, which may actually help us spring them on the counter. We are missing the pace of Fosu and Mavididi but maybe it’s the sort of game where Aribo could make an impact from the bench. Who knows.

I’m no good at predictions but am reasonably confident that Kashi will eventually be yellow carded for persistently fouling Bradley Dack.

Will be good to see a few people in the ground.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

That 'we might rest some players' talk from Mowbray is pretty much code for 'we will play a full-strength side, we should be beating the likes of Charlton, no disrespect'

On a miserable wet afternoon, with promotion already in the bag I think their minds will be elsewhere.
    4-0
  • Options
    Not sure if a wind up but this is a reply on a mates Facebook status this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you have attended all of our away matches this season, you will have clocked up almost 9️⃣,0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ miles following the lads

The squad will thank our fans for their support after tomorrow's game
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ae34669eb9c4/charlton-players-to-thank-supporters-following-blackburn-game … #cafc

• Options
    Bring your voices, bring your passion, bring your colours!

Just like at @officialpompey last Saturday, we're going to need you at The Valley today! #cafc

• Options
    Charlton’s players will thank the Valley faithful for their fantastic support this season by embarking on a lap of appreciation, following Saturday’s game against Blackburn Rovers.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ae34669eb9c4/charlton-players-to-thank-supporters-following-blackburn-game
  • Options
    No Tariqe = no win ...
  • Options

No Tariqe = no win ...

Booooooo
  • Options
    I presume good grace, good manners, respect tradition and etiquette would mean that our players from a guard of honour for Blackburn Rovers today, I would hope so anyway.
    After that the attitude should be to go for it, but remain cagey at the start because they may have dropped a few percentage points from midweek shenanigans and tire late on
    Above all, if you can't win, don't lose.
  • Options

Kashi vs Dack is crucial. I think JFC can cover if Lee allows a bit of fluidity. Marshall and JDS to step up on the wings. 2-1.

Blackburn fans forum are saying Dack is one that may not play. Hope they are right.

With the Venkys in charge it will be less about not being injured for pre season but to cash in. With 16 goals this season there will be a lot looking.
  • Options
    Would really love to see us beat Blackburn. I still hold too many memories of them getting the better of us in the very important matches of the past. A 2-0 win would do it for me.
  • Options
    no fosu no chance

2-0 blackburn
  • Options

Tony Mowbray thinks they should be beating teams like Charlton.
    Lee Browyer thinks we can beat Blackburn
    Even though they have only lost 1 in 33.

IF we win it will be our best League One Victory since we beat Huddersfield ending there 350 match unbeaten record.

3-2 Charlton.
    COYR

What happened to all my positive thoughts from two days ago !

Woke up this morning feeling fine
    Nervous and fearing a rampant and confident Blackburn will emulate the other B's: Burnley and Bournemouth.

We must match or better Plymouth result.
    We must be party poopers.
    The Cafc players and crowd must show up today and show their cojones.

COYR.