Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Croydon said:

Redrobo said:

What is unusual is to start the season with so many out injured

Igor
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Reeves
    JFC

All experienced pros, plus Djiksteel who would be in the 1st team squad too. Now Pearce, that's 7.

...and we have not made any loan signings yet. Space for up to 5, but expect at least 3.
    "3 coming in, 100%"
    Bowyer did not say when :wink:
  • edited August 2018
    ross1 said:

Croydon said:

Redrobo said:

Igor
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Reeves
    JFC

All experienced pros, plus Djiksteel who would be in the 1st team squad too. Now Pearce, that's 7.

...and we have not made any loan signings yet. Space for up to 5, but expect at least 3.
    "3 coming in, 100%"
    he did say that 100% there will be signings next week. signings, so more than one.
  • The way Bowyer was talking about the player coming in, doubting they would be match fit is weird as he played 90mins for villa on Saturday
  • edited August 2018

The way Bowyer was talking about the player coming in, doubting they would be match fit is weird as he played 90mins for villa on Monday

Unless its not match fitness thats the issue - With a Goalkeeper you'd want them to be familiar with the Defence so the two can trust each other i.e. you wouldnt want Chris Solly to leave a header for Steer to catch the ball thinking that he'd come for it when he's someone who prefers to stay on his line

i.e. Its one of the many reasons I blame for our relegation from the Championship (i.e. the fact we never had a settled back four / Goalkeeper during the season) whilst its one of the many reasons I think we romped to the League One title (because we had a back four / Goalkeeper that never changed)
  • If we're signing a loan keeper it has to be a relatively experienced one to be worthwhile. I haven't actually seen Sarkic linked anywhere except on here but he would be an insane signing; we already have Phillips who has potential but lacks experience. It would just be weird to sign a younger, even less experienced keeper as his competition, especially as developing Phillips is in our long term interests and developing a loanee is not. Steer would be something more like reasonable competition but I would rather see someone with a bit more recent first team football come in. Still, beggars and all that..
  • Oggy Red said:

Ideally, as well as keeper, Jed Steer can also play centreback and central midfield?

Exactly what we need.

well done Oggy that really made me chuckle when there isn't much Charlton chuckling to be done
  • ross1 said:

Croydon said:

Redrobo said:

Igor
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Reeves
    JFC

"3 coming in, 100%"
    he did say that 100% there will be signings next week. signings, so more than one.
    And you believed that, how long have you been a Charlton supporter :smiley:
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matija_Sarkic

Irrelevant as we're not signing him, but it's amusing that Sarkic was actually born in Grimsby!

Irrelevant as we're not signing him, but it's amusing that Sarkic was actually born in Grimsby!

Born in Grimsby | Went to Anderlecht Academy | Plays for Montenegro lol!
  • Sponsored links:

His father was a diplomat.
  • Richard J said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matija_Sarkic

the Grimsby lasses love a smooth talking foreign 'diplomat' ((:>)
  • ross1 said:

Croydon said:

Redrobo said:

Igor
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Reeves
    JFC

"3 coming in, 100%"
    Maybe Steer is one and there is another also.

WIOTOS
  • edited August 2018
    Richard J said:

Must be a prime diplomatic post, New York, Paris, Berlin, nah I hope I get Grimsby!
  • Richard J said:

the Grimsby lasses love a smooth talking foreign 'diplomat' ((:>)
  • Does anybody know if the remaining trialists will be given contracts, nothing seems to be mentioned in recent interviews.
  • Does anybody know if the remaining trialists will be given contracts, nothing seems to be mentioned in recent interviews.

No news is good news, still 3 weeks left to make their minds up assuming another club doesn't come calling.
  • Why can't we unveil our new signings (loans or freebies) like this ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeBaia/status/1027659829911973888/video/1

How I miss the gimmicks, tackiness and poor taste of the Katrien years.
  • What is unusual is to start the season with so many out injured

Igor
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Reeves
    JFC

And yet I look at that list and, JFC apart, I’m not surprised any of them are injured. It just amazed Solly & Page aren’t on it as well.
  • Redhenry said:

I said before Eunan won't be signing for us, he has loads of offers from Champ and foreign clubs.

Most likely on the way to Rotherham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Moo said:

Redhenry said:

I said before Eunan won't be signing for us, he has loads of offers from Champ and foreign clubs.

Will that make Towell available?
  • Could the player that bowyer was talking about going to the championship be chucks aneke he didn't play yesterday and manager said he's off in his press conference
  • Richard J said:

Moo said:

Redhenry said:

Will that make Towell available?
    I think that rumour dried up.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Could the player that bowyer was talking about going to the championship be chucks aneke he didn't play yesterday and manager said he's off in his press conference

Bolton appear to be front runners for him
  • My complete guess at who we are chasing is:

CM - Josh Cullen on loan (if no champ club takes him)

CB - Deji Oshilaja (now unlikely until Jan unless it is possible to loan him initially and make the deal perm in Jan)

Winger/Striker - Mavididi (if Ajose goes)
  • FAVADDICK said:

Could the player that bowyer was talking about going to the championship be chucks aneke he didn't play yesterday and manager said he's off in his press conference

Bolton appear to be front runners for him
    I see Boltons manager saying it's something there not looking at at the moment
  • My complete guess at who we are chasing is:

CM - Josh Cullen on loan (if no champ club takes him)

CB - Deji Oshilaja (now unlikely until Jan unless it is possible to loan him initially and make the deal perm in Jan)

Winger/Striker - Mavididi (if Ajose goes)

Be very surprised if Wimbledon were to accept a loan bid turning perm for Oshilaja

The line from Bowyer yesterday (I’m not really so worried about the midfield. I’m just hoping this one lad will come available.) makes me think now the CM will be Cullen seeing that West Ham didnt really want to loan him out a few weeks ago yet that now many change with the Midfielders they've signed of late
  • Stefan Payne scored for Bristol Rovers yesterday on his debut.

Would have complimented Taylor well and can play on the left of midfield

That's diaspora!
  • Steven Ireland, out of contract, Bolton sniffing around, more experience for Bowyer, money might be an issue.