Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• By his comments after the Sunderland game you would assume it’s gonna be a keeper today.

Now, we obviously need another keeper on the books, but in the immediate we needed another outfield player, I hope I’m wrong but I expect to be disappointed with whoever signs today.
  • Would be great to sign a 5th choice with less experience than Phillips

Great to “strengthen” a position we don’t need to fill.

• If we sign a keeper I don’t think it’ll be the Villa one. Bowyer can’t go on about being careful, only signing players that’ll improve us and then sign a player that’s only made a few cup appearances on loan with Wigan.
  • Classic Charlton.

We basically have an u23 squad, and we go and sign a second choice keeper first up.

Boring as fuck
  • Classic Charlton.

We basically have an u23 squad, and we go and sign a second choice keeper first up.

Boring as fuck

Jesus calm down mate. We don’t know who it is yet!
    After the last couple of years, it’s perfectly natural to assume the absolutely worst possible imaginable outcome........ will end up being slightly better than what actually happens
  • Classic Charlton.

Boring as fuck

No, we don’t basically have an under 23 squad. We do have an unusually large number out injured which necessitates utilising players from the under 23 squad. Unfortunately that is life in league 1.

We have not signed anyone yet, and we don’t know who the player is that is having his medical today or what position he plays.

I am interested in who it is, which is why I read this thread.

I don’t find a fuck boring, maybe you are doing it wrong?
  • I'm late to this thread. So have we kept Aribo and Bauer?

From English clubs at least.
  • Has the deadline passed?
  • edited August 2018
    btrain88 said:

Has the deadline passed?

How long have you got? It's a bit complicated this year. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

btrain88 said:

Has the deadline passed?

As much time as needed.
  • edited August 2018
    btrain88 said:

RedChaser said:

btrain88 said:

Has the deadline passed

As much time as needed.
    Read at your leisure then:

EFL summer transfer window
    When does it close?

The EFL transfer window opened on Monday 7 May and will close at 5pm on 9 August – the same day as the Premier League. This is five days after the start of the EFL season. EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said: “This new approach will give clubs and managers the stability they crave earlier in the season whilst also providing the flexibility to add to their squads after the traditional deadline until the end of the month if required.”

Loan deals and free agents;
    EFL clubs will still be able to sign free agents and loan players until 31 August.

EFL window key dates;
    EFL clubs will still be able to:
    sign players on standard loan up to 31 August 2018
    sign players on standard loan up to 31 August with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens
    register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31 August
    transfer players out to a club in any league whose window is still open

International transfer deadline;
    The Premier League and EFL now have different transfer windows to their European counterparts, meaning there will be two deadline days this summer. Here are the window opening and closing dates for France, Italy, Germany and Spain:
    Sweden: 11 August
    Italy: 18 August
    France: 31 August
    Germany: 31 August
    Spain: 31 August
    Scotland: 31 August
    Russia: 31 August
    Belgium: 31 August
    Turkey: 31 August
    Holland: 3 September
  • Redrobo said:

Classic Charlton.

Boring as fuck

No, we don’t basically have an under 23 squad. We do have an unusually large number out injured which necessitates utilising players from the under 23 squad. Unfortunately that is life in league 1.

We have not signed anyone yet, and we don’t know who the player is that is having his medical today or what position he plays.

Using too many u23s is life in League 1 eh? Tell that footballing powerhouses Peterbrough and Oxford
  • edited August 2018
    We even do shit signings shit ,still the good news he is dirt cheap and don't drink a lot of water
  • Valley11 said:

Redrobo said:

Classic Charlton.

Boring as fuck

Using too many u23s is life in League 1 eh? Tell that footballing powerhouses Peterbrough and Oxford
    I did not use the phrase “too many”. I am suggesting that it is not unusual to have young upcoming players in league 1 teams.

What size squads have those two teams got then and what % are under 23 compared to us?
  • What is unusual is to start the season with so many out injured

Igor
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Reeves
    JFC

All experienced pros, plus Djiksteel who would be in the 1st team squad too. Now Pearce, that's 7.
  • What is unusual is to start the season with so many out injured

Igor
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Reeves
    JFC

All experienced pros, plus Djiksteel who would be in the 1st team squad too. Now Pearce, that's 7.

...and we have not made any loan signings yet. Space for up to 5, but expect at least 3.
  • Think we should have had whip round and payed some money towards a player like we did to raise the £50000 For Ronnie Moore back in the day trouble is Roland would sell him next day for £20000
  • cfgs said:

Steve Bruce just said in his press conference that we have signed Jed Steer on loan from them.

He played against Hull for them...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    cfgs said:

Steve Bruce just said in his press conference that we have signed Jed Steer on loan from them.

Yeah goalkeeper cover with 81 league appearances (79 0f which at four different clubs) under his belt since 2011.
  • I said before Eunan won't be signing for us, he has loads of offers from Champ and foreign clubs.
  • RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

Yeah goalkeeper cover with 81 league appearances (79 0f which at four different clubs) under his belt since 2011.
    Andy Marshall will know him well.
  • Redrobo said:

What is unusual is to start the season with so many out injured

Igor
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Reeves
    JFC

...and we have not made any loan signings yet. Space for up to 5, but expect at least 3.
    "3 coming in, 100%"
  • Steer doesn't help the bench situation tomorrow on the outfield player front though.
  • RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

Sounds fine to me. Played 38 games on loan in the Championship for Huddersfield in 2015/16 (indeed he probably was signed for them by Chris Powell!)
  • Crusty54 said:

RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

Andy Marshall will know him well.
    No doubt, better the devil you know.