Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Crusty54 said:

Redhenry said:

Got until the 31st. Clubs will leave it as late as possible to decide who leaves.

If players are not listed in the 25 man squad for top flight clubs they can't play until January. Mavadivi is not listed in the Arsenal squad.
    Mavididi is under 21 so doesn't have to be named in their main 25 man squad.
  • JamesSeed said:

Mavididi scored in an Arsenal U23 6-5 win the other day.

Hopefully if we sign him he'll be match fit then.
    hope we don't sign him again, he's a waste of space

• Crusty54 said:

Redhenry said:

Got until the 31st. Clubs will leave it as late as possible to decide who leaves.

If players are not listed in the 25 man squad for top flight clubs they can't play until January. Mavadivi is not listed in the Arsenal squad.
    I assume this 25 man squad isn't set in stone yet, as most European transfer windows haven't shut. I can see a couple of big names going, with PL clubs having no chance of replacing them
    It is set in stone for PL clubs. They voted for the date change.
  • JamesSeed said:

Mavididi scored in an Arsenal U23 6-5 win the other day.

Hopefully if we sign him he'll be match fit then.
    hope we don't sign him again, he's a waste of space

This. A few flashes of brilliance 2 seasons ago, but he was wank last season and gets injured more than our own crop.
  • If we are to loan a young forward I would really like Cauley Woodrow. Not sure if he would drop to league 1, but if anyone can persuade him, Lee can.
  • Redrobo said:

If we are to loan a young forward I would really like Cauley Woodrow. Not sure if he would drop to league 1, but if anyone can persuade him, Lee can.

Yeah I wouldnt mind him signing either...

Definitely shouldnt think himself above League One though seeing his scoring stats in the Championship arent brilliant
  • Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

Redhenry said:

I assume this 25 man squad isn't set in stone yet, as most European transfer windows haven't shut. I can see a couple of big names going, with PL clubs having no chance of replacing them
    It is set in stone for PL clubs. They voted for the date change.
    What @killerandflash was saying was a club may have named there 25 man squad but between now and the end of the month the may sell someone.

So the 25 man squad is not set in stone
  • Sponsored links:

• Nadir Ciftci now a free agent.

That’s another 10% for you aye!

Surprised you’re not on the phone to a whole load of clubs to get your client a contract. :wink:
  • Surely a centre back is a priority. Anything happens to Sarr or Bauer we are royally stuffed.

Blumberg seems no nonsense. Is Jo Cummings still with us? I see Semi Ajayi got motm recently in Championship.
  • Nadir Ciftci now a free agent.

And 92 clubs know why.

• Surely a centre back is a priority. Anything happens to Sarr or Bauer we are royally stuffed.

Blumberg seems no nonsense. Is Jo Cummings still with us? I see Semi Ajayi got motm recently in Championship.
    Not a surprise. I thought him
    And Poyet were much the best players in that youth team (including Harriott, Lennon, Phillips, Fox etc)
  • Cor Grant Basey looks like he is wasting away :wink:

I honestly think he is challenging me for a fatness competition haha
  • LouisMend said:
    "There are things in motion that hopefully we can get done before the weekend but I won’t make any promises on that front."

Golfie/Large, please note
  • 'Things in motion' ? So we ARE in even more sh1t then! :wink:
  • Good one Bowyer passing the buck to JJ to make out we are trying to sign players.
  • But we are trying to sign players
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    JJ rewarded for his years of service with an "assistant caretaker manager" title.

Well unless he's been sacked for the own goal he scored last night, then yes he's still with us.
  • edited August 2018
    When the rat finds out 5 youngsters made their first team debuts last night, he will rip up the list of possible loan targets given to him by the Caretaker.
  • Bielik, who has endured much misfortune with injuries in recent seasons, gained experience while on loan at Birmingham City in the 2016/17 campaign but didn’t feature at all for Walsall in the second half of last season as he was sidelined.

Sounds perfect for us

• Bielik, who has endured much misfortune with injuries in recent seasons .....

Ticks all the boxes.

• Injury proneness does seem to be one of our must have attributes when looking at players.
  • I’m told we had a player ready to sign on the dotted line last week until Roly put paid to that. He wanted to come, his agent had set everything up but Roland wanted to focus on another position.

I imagine it makes things difficult for the management team!
  • We will end up with the last 2 mentioned.....