Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/722188/Leeds-transfer-news-Deals-done-gossip-latest?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+::+Football+Feed)

One man on the move out of Elland Road today looks to Eunan O’Kane.

He’s expected to sign for League One side Charlton on a six-month loan.

Not getting my hopes up too much but some positive comments from Leeds fans about O'Kane if he were to sign

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/its-a-solid-idea-charlton-eyeing-move-for-eunan-okane-the-verdict/

It would be a good signing. From the little I remember of him he'd be exactly the type off player we need. Actually, we need all types of players.
  • sammy391 said:

Unpopular opinion , but I feel Bowyer is getting as irritating as Robinson on the ‘sound bite and blind faith’ front...

Half truths and statements turning out to me fake all over again! Has learnt a lot from KR!!

You're not alone in this. Bowyer has been dealt an incredibly difficult hand. But as was the problem with Slade, promising a certain number of players is always going to result in failure under this regime. The difference with Bowyer is that he has two more years of very clear evidence of this to have observed it.
  • If only Katrien was still here to get the deals over the line

Apologist
    I sort of miss her really. I remember she used to hang out in the museum quite a lot.
  • Scoham said:

Remember when we were linked with Duane Holmes a few years back?

Turns out he was good enough, he’s just signed for Derby.

Sold Ricky Holmes, Missed out on Duane Holmes - will sign Eamonn Holmes.
    Follow that up with Katie Holmes and all will be forgiven
  • https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/722188/Leeds-transfer-news-Deals-done-gossip-latest?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+::+Football+Feed)

One man on the move out of Elland Road today looks to Eunan O’Kane.

He’s expected to sign for League One side Charlton on a six-month loan.

Not getting my hopes up too much but some positive comments from Leeds fans about O'Kane if he were to sign

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/its-a-solid-idea-charlton-eyeing-move-for-eunan-okane-the-verdict/

6 months ? So he'd go back in February ?
    Leeds were looking to actually sell O'Kane rather than loan him out but obviously that hasn't happened.

I make you right that he is probably the one Bowyer has said hopes doesn't sign for a Championship club, but if we were to sign him I think a loan until January is about right. For Leeds, they would get the player off their books for a while before having him back to sell if he does well here, it stops them losing a year's value on the player. No matter how crap they may be for us.

But of course, it is only a rumour and doesn't mean he is signing.
  • Another thing too as someone mentioned would we go back in for Josh Cullen now West Ham have continued their signings making him further down the pecking order, I believe he has the same agent as Lyle Taylor so it is not something that Bowyer or Gallen wouldn't have dealt with before.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

cafcwill said:

Yann Technically a free agent too

Means nothing for today as he could be signed tomorrow under the Transfer Window Rules

he announced his retirement last season with reading. said it was his last year.
    So...you’re saying there’s a chance?
  • redbuttle said:

Gillis said:

Despite Lee repeatedly saying that it's positive and we're on schedule, I think that's the least positive I've ever heard him sound.

Think he may be trying to hide his anger at being stitched up by Roland
    Not really stitched up by Roland! He’s about the only person to benefit.
    He’s in the safest job in football. Roland won’t hire a permanent manager, or Roly May end up paying someone else compensation if he sacked them. Lee can only build his reputation as a manager based on the injuries and lack of signings .
    Wins are a bonus to his name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

I remember watching him on trail under Slade. Clever man not signing him. Saving our disappointment of eventually being sold. Cheers Russell
  • Sounds to me that Bows is playing the hand he has been dealt very well.

Not convinced he was the best man for the job, but have been impressed with his achievements so far. Kept the best with the exception of Konsa and has added two very good players on permanent. It will be interesting to see how he does with signing loans, but I am confident he knows exactly what he is doing.

I would certainly not play poker with him!
  • JordaJLD said:

Scoham said:

I remember watching him on trail under Slade. Clever man not signing him. Saving our disappointment of eventually being sold. Cheers Russell
    What trail was this, was you stalking him from the bushes
  • Scoham said:

MarcusH26 said:

I wonder if the player Bowyer mentioned could be Richie Towell the Brighton midfielder who was on loan at Rotherham last season. Was talk down here in Sussex of League 1 interest in him today.

Is he more of an attacking threat or does he focus more on mopping up the loose balls from the opposition?
  • if, by some miracle we got O’kane AND Cullen in that would be a dream, especially Cullen.. very tidy player
  • I'm late to this thread. So have we kept Aribo and Bauer?
  • I'm late to this thread. So have we kept Aribo and Bauer?

Yes :)

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018

I'm late to this thread. So have we kept Aribo and Bauer?

Where have you been @Weegie Addick you missed 1 of busiest deadline days I have ever seen for Charlton.

At 1 point we were linked with 7 players, and although we only got 5 over the line the other 2 are joining in Jan.

Lee Bowyer played a blinder but it wouldnt have been possible with the massive cash injection Roland gave him.

What a rollercoaster of a day it was, cant believe you missed it.

Looking forward to cheering the 5 new players on on Saturday.

Edit:I may have fallen asleep at some point and got my dream mixed up with reality, guess I will find out on Saturday
  • Just arrived home from 2 weeks in Turkey and the 1st thing I do is log on to Charlton life to see who our 3 new signings are.
    Surprisingly I was not surprised to see that there were none.
    Roland has turned us into an absolute shambles of a football club and with the size of our squad and with the injuries we have we will be lucky to finish mid table at best.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
  • hold on hold -----ee kept BFG and Aribo thats 2 and may have signed 1 thats RDs 3 ------yrs yes yes --------ITS FEVKING HAPPENING
  • shame we never got Diarra back, would've been useful

I think he’s retired now
  • Valley11 said:

I’m so jealous of Fulham. Have a read of this and try not to weep when you consider we were equals not so long ago in the Premier League, and now can’t even name a full bench.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45084054

It helps that their billionaire owner actually wants to invest in the team though, whereas ours is a total ****
  • Scoham said:
    Not sure David Busst is going to pass the exam, actually scrub that - our medical team would give him the green lght - no questions asked...
  • Eunan O'Kane had a run out with Leeds' U23s a couple weeks ago in a preseason friendly. If he is the one to sign tomorrow, I don't know how fit he'll be. I can't find any other information on him being involved in their preseason, and this article states he wasn't involved in their senior friendlies to that point. Still think he's a decent addition, and really we need bodies. We don't have adequate cover anywhere, especially midfield.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-murphy-okane-friendly-14937216
  • Have a feeling that the signing today will be the 3rd/4th choice keeper from Villa.

Needed but not absolutely necessary right now. We need a centre back and centre mid urgently.
  • edited August 2018
    SDAddick said:

Eunan O'Kane had a run out with Leeds' U23s a couple weeks ago in a preseason friendly. If he is the one to sign tomorrow, I don't know how fit he'll be. I can't find any other information on him being involved in their preseason, and this article states he wasn't involved in their senior friendlies to that point. Still think he's a decent addition, and really we need bodies. We don't have adequate cover anywhere, especially midfield.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-murphy-okane-friendly-14937216

Dr Kish saying it's not O'kane signing today but reading between the lines might be before the loan window shuts imo.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201808&date=20180810&time=0534
  • Have a feeling that the signing today will be the 3rd/4th choice keeper from Villa.

Needed but not absolutely necessary right now. We need a centre back and centre mid urgently.

More like 5th choice. Sarkic is behind Bunn, Steer and the two new summer signings.