Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Late to the party, did we get all of our targets?
  • Talal said:

Late to the party, did we get all of our targets?

Yep. Roland was paying for none, we got none.
  • JamesSeed said:

But

Aribo not gone : - )

Bauer not gone : - )

Ajose not gone : - (

Sarr not gone : - (

Leave Naby !
    Corrected that for you

He's only a kid, believe it or not.
  • I wonder where they caught up with Lee. Half way to a lake in France is my bet.

In his office just typing up his resignation letter most probably.
  • I think that was our best deadline day for many a year.
    The window has slammed shut and no one has gone.
  • I am afraid that Lee Bowyer has been beaten to the punch by Carlton Palmer, should our long standing caretaker ever decide to publish his autobiography; for recently released by Vertical Editions is "It Is What It Is" - the Carlton Palmer story.
  • I hope bowyer just sits there and talks about his fishing lake for 10 minutes. It'd be more interesting and honest than the rubbish he will have been told to say.

Yep fully agree. If he talks about feeder fishing on the Thames too, I'd be really impressed!
  • I think that was our best deadline day for many a year.
    The window has slammed shut and no one has gone.

In the absence of a takeover, it will certainly be better than the next one in January, given that most of the squad will only have six months left on their contracts. It doesn't bear thinking about but we'll have to cross that bridge if and when we come to it.
  • jac52 said:

SDAddick said:
    The look on his face says it all.
    Out of order. He was born that way.
    His mum loves him! I hope this lack of transfers after he said 100% doesn't lead fans to think he's a Billy Bulls hitter. I reckon its just to lull the rest of he league into a state of false security. Either that or he is being kept in the cupboard under the stairs in between press conferences. It is what it is. Is what it is!

• Sponsored links:

• smsm
    edited August 2018
    sm said:

Groundhog Day approaches, prepare to be underwhelmed. I just hope this year's excuse for doing bugger all is original.

Groundhog Day now passed. No sign of any originality. If we don't filed a full team on Saturday with 7 grown up subs I shall be looking for money back from the tight old scrote.
  • JamesSeed said:

But

Leave my Naby alone!
    Can't believe that got 4 likes.

I think you'll need to fight Leuth for him
  • So 1 out of 3 yeah Bows
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

But

Leave Naby !
    Corrected that for you

He's only a kid, believe it or not.
    I'm just winding up you and the rest of the Naby cult
  • Of course the sales to European clubs can take place until their windows close.
  • it’ll be a shit 20 year old goalkeeper.... Yipee
  • Same shit different summer
  • Oggy Red said:

still nothing on the OS about Pearce. I thought the press conference was today, but someone earlier said it is tomorrow. anyone confirm ??

Bowyer will leave it until just before he names the matchday squad at 2pm Saturday.

He likes to keep the oppo guessing, donchya know? :smile:

I remember the shock when an unannounced Hamuer Bouazza appeared late doors against Reading.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    player "coming down" tomorrow for medical. Assuming LB knows his geography then that means a club north of the river......cuts it down to around 60 clubs then.....

hoping its the Leeds Utd player.
  • Wonder if the Josh Cullen loan deal is back on with Carlos Sanchez going to West Ham
  • While we need another keeper desperately, an outfield player is more urgent. If Pearce if out we're down to our last 2 senior centre backs
  • While we need another keeper desperately, an outfield player is more urgent. If Pearce if out we're down to our last 2 senior centre backs

Yeah I really hope this new signing isnt a Goalkeeper... It's important but its the least important behind Defence and Midfield at the moment
  • At least if its Sarkic our new goalkeeper coach will know all about him
  • We haven't signed anyone and you know what? I'm not fussed. I'm not fussed because Roland has killed my passion for Charlton.
  • Despite Lee repeatedly saying that it's positive and we're on schedule, I think that's the least positive I've ever heard him sound.
  • It won't be Connor Ripley. Season loan to Accrington
  • Someone has suggested Eunan O'Kane again on twitter...

Would fit Bowyer's line of expecting to be sold and will now have to go on loan if they want game time