Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• You can't fault Lapslie for effort that's for sure , but not quite ready for the first team as Bowyer has said. Prefer him over Marshall all day long though .
  • Could it be Fred Onyedinma of Millwall? Not in their 18 today even when they have injuries?
  • I guess this will see a return to the U23s for Lapslie and Morgan

Cant see them getting much time (outside of the Trophy and FA Cup) with the loanees and returning injured players

Both are promising young talents no doubt but we can't rely on the youngsters we only have 5 pts from 5 games.
    Lapslie and Morgan arent the reason we only have five points... The former did more in his cameo than Marshall did for 60mins yesterday!!
    They do have a place and may well end up crucial, but the original point still stands... you can't RELY on them. Use them sparingly, yes. Rely, no. For one thing it's the nature of young players breaking through to blow hot and cold, they will always have an off game sometimes and no say as to when this will be. Quite apart from which, it's completely unfair on the players themselves and can do serious harm to their prospects and development (cf. Wagstaff, Scott.)
  • Could it be Fred Onyedinma of Millwall? Not in their 18 today even when they have injuries?

Gosh I hope not
  • Cullen will sign, but the winger/striker remains a mystery.
  • Rumours abound that Cullen has actually signed, but too late to play yesterday.
  • I guess this will see a return to the U23s for Lapslie and Morgan

Cant see them getting much time (outside of the Trophy and FA Cup) with the loanees and returning injured players

Both are promising young talents no doubt but we can't rely on the youngsters we only have 5 pts from 5 games.
    Lapslie and Morgan arent the reason we only have five points... The former did more in his cameo than Marshall did for 60mins yesterday!!
    I didn't say either were the reason we're on 5 pts from 5 games. Far from it they've been shining lights so far, we just can't rely on them so soon.
  • FAVADDICK said:

So who do we think these signings ate going to be then ??

Injured ones.
    Multiple lol's Dicky.
  • Sage said:

Could it be Jamie Ward? Is a winger/striker type player that Bowyer is after, isn’t a youngster so helps with experience and Nottingham Forest are trying to shift him out on loan.

Could be a great signing if it were to be him.

Be very happy with him... Would certainly add some needed experience with the other youthful loans were signing
  • Sponsored links:

Gosh I hope not
    Why not he's decent!
  • uie2 said:

Could it be Fred Onyedinma of Millwall? Not in their 18 today even when they have injuries?

Gosh I hope not
    Why not he's decent!
    20 goals in 174 matches
    Yeah he is great
  • DrKish thinks it may be Jamie Ward. At least he cannot score against us!

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201808&date=20180827&time=0740
  • Always thought Jamie Ward was a good player. Surprised he never pushed on to be a first team regular in a championship side. Would take him
  • Always though Ward looked decent but has never scored or created enough goals wfhch has prevented him from being anything over then a champ squad player.

Even at 32 should have it in him to have a decent season at this level
  • DrKish thinks it may be Jamie Ward. At least he cannot score against us!

Northern Ireland international so we may lose him during international breaks
  • It’s not Cullen. Been named in Wet Spams Caraboa Cup tomorrow!!

Guess West Ham could have pulled the plug on the deal, they've always seemed reluctant to let him go on loan somewhere

Seems playing two or three cup games this season will be better than playing in the Football League if so
  • Sponsored links:

Guess West Ham could have pulled the plug on the deal, they've always seemed reluctant to let him go on loan somewhere

Seems playing two or three cup games this season will be better than playing in the Football League if so
    More likely Roly has.....because he is a crazy vindictive cockwomble.

Where have you seen that,

Only place I have seen it is here

That account has been active for 1 day only

If they have pulled the plug on the deal, it's ridiculous and makes you wonder how players can be happy with that?

Hopefully he still does sign but with being with involved with West Ham tomorrow, it does put a real question mark on it.

We also have not announced that signing we were meant to be 100% announcing today, so unless it was meant to be Cullen, we are leaving it a bit late.
  • As long we get O’Kane I wouldn’t be too worried about missing out on Cullen (if the above is true).

Aribo has been playing a more holding role than he is used to. Bringing in O’Kane would help Aribo to move further up the pitch and play in that Cullen type role.
  • If it’s not Jamie Ward, could it be Lee Tomlin? Cardiff were loaning him out last season and he’s clearly not in their plans for this season either.
  • If it’s not Jamie Ward, could it be Lee Tomlin? Cardiff were loaning him out last season and he’s clearly not in their plans for this season either.

Lee Tomlin has been a great player down the years.
  • Tomlin doesnt exactly fit into the Winger type role though

He's more of a No.10 I thought
  • edited August 2018
    Redhenry said:

Tomlin definitely isn't a winger, he can't run.

True but neither could Astrit Ajdarević, could pick a pass and unlock a defence though :wink: .
  • Sage said:

It’s not Cullen. Been named in Wet Spams Caraboa Cup tomorrow!!

If they have pulled the plug on the deal, it's ridiculous and makes you wonder how players can be happy with that?

Hopefully he still does sign but with being with involved with West Ham tomorrow, it does put a real question mark on it.

We also have not announced that signing we were meant to be 100% announcing today, so unless it was meant to be Cullen, we are leaving it a bit late.
    wouldn't go too much on a twitter account that's only just been activated.

Today is a bank Holiday - I doubt many CAFC staff are working