Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• So O'Kane deciding against a move to League One and West Ham reluctant to loan out Cullen I'd be surprised if we signed anyone now before the Loan Window closes - Might regret not giving a short term deal to Dawkins at this rate
  • That will upset the Leeds fans
  • Wonder what'll happen if a Championship side fails to show interest in time

Although I suspect if O'Kane is coming out with those comments, a Championship club has probably enquired after him
  • Richard J said:

Scoham said:

CafcSCP said:

I guess if Cullen plays well tonight against AFC Wimbledon there will be a big chance that West Ham will decide to keep him

Would he be added to their squad numbers?

I thought Prem clubs could only name 23 in a squad or is that just for Prem games?
    He's one of their Academy Players, doesnt have to be part of the Squad announced to the Premier League

Probably just for League games too
    Isn’t it about age rather than where they came from? A 30 year old from the academy would have to registered wouldn’t they?
    I think it is U21'S. It wouldn't surprise me if Cullen played tonight and joined us tomorrow.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if he played tonight and got injured.
  • Wonder what'll happen if a Championship side fails to show interest in time

Although I suspect if O'Kane is coming out with those comments, a Championship club has probably enquired after him

yeah Bowyer mentioned leeds trying to do him a favour and Cawley said Leeds wanted him to come to us, think this is him trying to get his way and get the move to a championship club. think Bolton want him.
  • wouldn't surprise me if Roland hasn't decided to not fund any further additions

And the CARD haters will blame the protests.
  • edited August 2018
    My guess is that after reading somewhere that Bowyer said it was up to both clubs to agree fee's etc, that RD has not offered either Leeds or West Ham enough money, wage contribution, to take O'Kane or Cullen on loan. After-all he is cost cutting everywhere, and perhaps LB has to now put up with what he has?
  • Sponsored links:

• "We had irons in the fire but we just couldn't get them over the line before the deadline"
  • I honestly am expecting nothing. So anything is a bonus. I also expect the “we only wanted to add players that were right for us” line, which many managers have repeated post 2014.
  • This is bad news. Best to wait until Thursday but this is not good.
  • Sage said:

This is bad news. Best to wait until Thursday but this is not good.

Doesnt the loan window close on Friday? (31st)
  • Sage said:

This is bad news. Best to wait until Thursday but this is not good.

Doesnt the loan window close on Friday? (31st)
    It does indeed but I mentioned specifically Thursday due to Cawley’s tweet. If no business is done by then, I don’t see anything happening and that is far from good.
  • O’Kane - No go
    Cullen - 50/50 at best.

It’s going to one possibly two panic loans to get a body in the building.
  • I honestly am expecting nothing. So anything is a bonus. I also expect the “we only wanted to add players that were right for us” line, which many managers have repeated post 2014.

"We're not going to take in players who won't improve our squad. We were really close to bringing in Messi and Salah, but sadly we weren't able to get those deals over the line, but to target that level of player shows the type of club we are"
  • I love Bowyer and I wish he would now say to douchbag give me the players I need or I'm off.
    Get yourself a new manager and good luck in league two next season you snotgobling scrote.
  • o kane he ant that fucking good
  • I wonder if Bowyer will leave the door open for an 11th hour change of heart by O’Kane if he doesn’t get a Champ move?
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton in transfer disappointment shock
  • Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

According to some papers Eunan O'Kane is on his way.

What papers?
    I can only see it on HITC which I have always found to be clickbait nonsense in the past.
    What would the Yorkshire Post know about a Leeds player then?
    I heard it'll be next week. Probably. Possibly. Maybe. Who knows?
  • I don't think LB had a budget anyway. Cawley being feed a line as always. All lies & jest......as Paul Simon once sang.
  • I don't think LB had a budget anyway. Cawley being feed a line as always. All lies & jest......as Paul Simon once sang.

I have to say I felt this way before Steer and Bielik. I struggle to imagine much has changed. I suspect the only way we'll get loan players in is if we contribute little-to-nothing to their wages and no loan fee. It would seem that Leeds are fine with that for O'Kane, don't know about West Ham and Cullen but there seems to be some acquiescence there. But it also mean means that you feel if literally anyone else comes along we may be shit out of luck.
  • Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

According to some papers Eunan O'Kane is on his way.

What papers?
    I can only see it on HITC which I have always found to be clickbait nonsense in the past.
    What would the Yorkshire Post know about a Leeds player then?
    I heard it'll be next week. Probably. Possibly. Maybe. Who knows?
    Doubt it will be next week : - )

Roland doesn’t do bonuses.
  • Cullen only on WetSpam bench

Maybe trying to give him a hint?

They're saving him for our match on Saturday.

Bowyer needs him to be fresh and ready. :smile: