Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Anyway can we afford Cullen and O'Kane

And the staff their bonuses!
  • Swisdom said:

Yaya is apparently willing to play for £1 a week (plus bonuses) so he can do whatever he can to stop Pep winning the title.

So by my reckoning that’s going to cost us around £150 to get back to back promotions and then stop City in his 3rd season. Ambitious but I’m willing to give it a go. Where do I send the cheque?

Apparently the Yaya deal is off as Roland refused to give him two extra chips in a pack. Yaya also pissed Roland off by telling him he prefers Ketchup to Mayo. Deal breaker
  • bbob said:

Yayas coming

Yaya Toure is set to join a club in London (not ⁦@WestHamUtd⁩ or ⁦@CPFC⁩) So which club is it? ⁦@SpursOfficial⁩ ? ⁦@Arsenal⁩ ? ⁦@ChelseaFC⁩ ? ⁦@FulhamFC⁩ ? or ⁦@WatfordFC⁩ ?

He’s going to that well known London club Olympiakos
  • who remembers Vincent O'Kane from the 1970s ? .. great trier was Vince .. I'll say no more ((:>)
  • edited August 2018

Swisdom said:

Yaya is apparently willing to play for £1 a week (plus bonuses) so he can do whatever he can to stop Pep winning the title.

So by my reckoning that’s going to cost us around £150 to get back to back promotions and then stop City in his 3rd season. Ambitious but I’m willing to give it a go. Where do I send the cheque?

Apparently the Yaya deal is off as Roland refused to give him two extra chips in a pack. Yaya also pissed Roland off by telling him he prefers Ketchup to Mayo. Deal breaker
    I think it was more to do with him not being able to eat his birthday cake at his desk or sit in his wheelchair during cup games.
  • edited August 2018

who remembers Vincent O'Kane from the 1970s ? .. great trier was Vince .. I'll say no more ((:>)

Vince made his debut aged 18 in 1970 and came through the colts at the same time as Dennis Booth IIRC.

Edit: Correction having seen the obituary link below from Clive, Vince was actually in the next group of colts, after Booth, Vic Halom & co.
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

O'Kane turned Bolton down, thought he would get better but they have since got somebody else in. Leeds want him at Charlton, so still a slim chance he would come. Would be a standout player in League One.

Would he??

Based on what he said he doesnt want to play in League 1, if true and he ends up here cos he has nowhere else, will he even be bothered or will he just walk around the pitch like its a holiday
    Do you think all of our players are Charlton fans? if any of them get a champ club come in they will be off in a heart beat. That's modern footballers I'm afraid @paulie8290
    I know that, I aint talking about being fans of the club.

He has said he doesnt want to play in league 1, he thinks he is to good for league 1, so if he doesnt get a championship club and leeds force him to join us, will he be bothered and actually try or will he treat it like a holiday because he is to good for this league (in his opinion) is what I was saying.
    O’Kane is not someone who is looking to build a reputation like some of the young players that get loaned out. He is being squeezed out at his own club. He won’t get games there. He might well feel that he’s better than league one and perhaps he is but unless a Championship club take him he either drops a division to get games or sits on his bohunk at Leeds.

Remaining at Leeds in the stiffs won’t help him get a new club in The Championship nor will dropping down a league and sulking and not giving his best.

My guess is that Bowyer is now out of the running anyway. O’Kane needs to resurrect his career and to do that he needs to be putting in performances wherever he goes.
  • who remembers Vincent O'Kane from the 1970s ? .. great trier was Vince .. I'll say no more ((:>)

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81845/vince-o-kane/p1
  • clive said:

who remembers Vincent O'Kane from the 1970s ? .. great trier was Vince .. I'll say no more ((:>)

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81845/vince-o-kane/p1
    thanks for that .. I missed the obituary first time round
  • Well still no sign of Cullen
  • Sponsored links:

• Who remember this, this time last year, will grigg was mentioned, along with various other known players, then bosh Joe Dodoo. Moral of the story, don’t Be surprised if we end up with nothing.
  • Who remember this, this time last year, will grigg was mentioned, along with various other known players, then bosh Joe Dodoo. Moral of the story, don’t Be surprised if we end up with nothing.

I'd be surprised if we ended up with anyone at all tbf. LB is being played......not sure if he knows he is or not.

It’s a shame we didn’t end up with nothing last year instead of Dodoo.
  • Well still no sign of Cullen

Wait for tomorrow first.
  • Sage said:

Well still no sign of Cullen

Wait for tomorrow first.
    Cue somebody moaning again at 00:01.
  • Sage said:

Well still no sign of Cullen

Wait for tomorrow first.
    Tomorrow never comes :smiley:
  • Oggy Red said:

Who remember this, this time last year, will grigg was mentioned, along with various other known players, then bosh Joe Dodoo. Moral of the story, don’t Be surprised if we end up with nothing.

He scored the winner at Oldham, on his debut.

Without that winner, we wouldn't have got into the play-offs. FACT! :smile:

He would have saved us from disappointment :wink:
  • I imagine there will be a lot of last minute deals in the next 2 days, as clubs desperately try to loan out/in players
  • Oggy Red said:

Who remember this, this time last year, will grigg was mentioned, along with various other known players, then bosh Joe Dodoo. Moral of the story, don’t Be surprised if we end up with nothing.

He would have saved us from disappointment :wink:
    Better to have hope and a sense of anticipation.

We are Charlton ....... we know to expect the crushing disappointment that quickly follows. :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• Jamie Ward not included in Forest squad for their game tonight. Could definitely be him we are looking to bring in.
  • Oggy Red said:

If we had not loaned out Grant & played him instead we would have got automatic promotion.............

not a fact, but who can dispute it. :smile:
  • Lookman not in the squad tonight.
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

O'Kane turned Bolton down, thought he would get better but they have since got somebody else in. Leeds want him at Charlton, so still a slim chance he would come. Would be a standout player in League One.

Would he??

Based on what he said he doesnt want to play in League 1, if true and he ends up here cos he has nowhere else, will he even be bothered or will he just walk around the pitch like its a holiday
    Do you think all of our players are Charlton fans? if any of them get a champ club come in they will be off in a heart beat. That's modern footballers I'm afraid @paulie8290

He has said he doesnt want to play in league 1, he thinks he is to good for league 1, so if he doesnt get a championship club and leeds force him to join us, will he be bothered and actually try or will he treat it like a holiday because he is to good for this league (in his opinion) is what I was saying.
    He was Captain of Leeds at times last season and an Ireland international. You can understand him wanting to stay in Champ, he's a proper pro btw.
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Would he??

He was Captain of Leeds at times last season and an Ireland international. You can understand him wanting to stay in Champ, he's a proper pro btw.
    I think he's alright but Leeds fans up here don't rate him at all.
  • _nam11 said:

Not digging anyone out, just an observation.

Leicester didn’t rate Yann. MK raved about McLeod.

Give the bloke a fair crack of the whip I say, and judge him after 5-10 games.

Ha, ha - we have to sign him first!