Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Cullen still not signed?! Despicable!!!
  • I imagine there will be a lot of last minute deals in the next 2 days, as clubs desperately try to loan out/in players

Not at Charlton, would be pleasantly surprised if we signed anyone
  • Cullen will sign today.
  • Think Onyedinma would be a good signing, he's someone who can play at this level having won promotion with Millwall yet seems to have fallen down the order after playing the majority of games in the Championship last season

Doesnt have too many goals in him as a Winger yet if he can get a few assists I'd be happier with that
  • Think Onyedinma would be a good signing, he's someone who can play at this level having won promotion with Millwall yet seems to have fallen down the order after playing the majority of games in the Championship last season

Doesnt have too many goals in him as a Winger yet if he can get a few assists I'd be happier with that

passes the height test too at 6' 1" Good player for a dirty spanner
  • He's also grown up around the Greenwich | Woolwich area so wouldnt have to move anywhere
  • I’d take Fred all day, but will die a little inside knowing we are desperate for Millwall chuck aways.
  • My guess is it’ll be AFCW(various millwall connections) or Southend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cawley just confirmed not us signing Fred Onimdimhshskdbsj.

But that Cullen will sign today.

thank f**k for that. Having Palace players was bad enough, but from Millwall ??!!
  • Getting Cullen in with no one else going is good, still make us a winger and a left back short in an ideal world (which we are pretty far from) but with the injuries slowly getting back things look better.
  • Getting Cullen in with no one else going is good, still make us a winger and a left back short in an ideal world (which we are pretty far from) but with the injuries slowly getting back things look better.

Dont see us getting a Left Back regardless by tomorrow to be honest... Bowyer certainly hasnt mentioned it being a position he's looking for
  • edited August 2018

Richard Cawley

@RichCawleySLP
    27m27 minutes ago
    More
    Expecting Josh Cullen loan deal to #cafc to go through today. #whu
  • why so much excitement over Cullen (if he signs) .. 70 league games and 1 goal .. have many seen him play ? .. IF IF he signs he'll get my very best wishes and 100% support when I watch him play .. but the messiah ? .. he's just a very naughty boy ((:>)
  • I hope, if he signs, that he can run as fast as Edward Cullen....
  • edited August 2018

I’d take Fred all day, but will die a little inside knowing we are desperate for Millwall chuck aways.

I remember going to Millwall away 0-0 (the one where the flare went on the pitch) I sat in the Millwall end with my Millwall mate (it was hell) anyway, the bloke in front of me was giving Onyedimna dogs abuse....”he’s been shit every game this season, waste of space, don’t know why he keeps getting picked”.....the bloke was making his 3rd or 4th appearance for them!
  • why so much excitement over Cullen (if he signs) .. 70 league games and 1 goal .. have many seen him play ? .. IF IF he signs he'll get my very best wishes and 100% support when I watch him play .. but the messiah ? .. he's just a very naughty boy ((:>)

As far as I know he's not really the goal scoring type of midfielder, probably not even the direct assist provider but more one who keeps possession and makes the passes to set more attacking players free.
  • Sponsored links:

I think he was Bradford's POTY 2 seasons ago, although not last season as he was mainly injured.
    So that makes him right up there with Mark Marshall before someone else says it :smile:
  • O'Kane going to League One...........

• But not to us.
  • @Redhenry absolutely gutted if that’s the case. Leeds want him here, we want him here, and to choose to go to another League One club is a real kick in the teeth.

Who would the club possibly be, someone nearer the top of the league and prepared to offer more for wages I assume?
  • Sage said:

@Redhenry absolutely gutted if that’s the case. Leeds want him here, we want him here, and to choose to go to another League One club is a real kick in the teeth.

Who would the club possibly be, someone nearer the top of the league and prepared to offer more for wages I assume?

Sunderland or Peterboro at a guess.
  • edited August 2018
    Probably Bradford so he doesn't have any inconvenience.
    2nd guess Barnsley.
    3rd guess Scunthorpe.

Edit. I forgot about Sunderland being L1. It will be them surely ?
  • Sage said:

@Redhenry absolutely gutted if that’s the case. Leeds want him here, we want him here, and to choose to go to another League One club is a real kick in the teeth.

With Cullen coming in other positions are more of a priority anyway.
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

With Cullen coming in other positions are more of a priority anyway.
    Yeah of course we have to get in this winger/striker (hopefully Ward) first, but having O’Kane in the team would be fantastic and him alongside Cullen, Aribo and Pratley, with Fosu, Clarke etc added would be very strong for his league.

A real shame to see him go to a rival.