Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Lyle Taylor has put on his twitter account. Done. But I have a feeling it is with Sunderland. I hope I am wrong as he would be a good addition.
  • dickplumb said:

Lyle Taylor has put on his twitter account. Done. But I have a feeling it is with Sunderland. I hope I am wrong as he would be a good addition.

A few on twitter seem to think it's us.

Think he stopped talking to Sunderland a few days ago, then it was between us, Southend and Bristol rovers.
  • dickplumb said:

Lyle Taylor has put on his twitter account. Done. But I have a feeling it is with Sunderland. I hope I am wrong as he would be a good addition.

His real account or a parody? I can’t find it.
  • Its on his instagram story not twitter
  • Sorry, instagram. I get my Social media's mixed up. According to The Bristol Post he was speaking to Sunderland, that was two days ago. I hope it is us because he will offer us something .
  • Some interesting pros and cons (especially the later) on Lyle Taylor in the below

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pros-cons-bristol-rovers-signing-1672309
  • There is always a Lyle Taylor like rumour every summer that is based more on what we want than solid sources and press rumours that we are in for him. It is announced said player is leaving to go somewhere. We hope it’s us. It’s never us.
  • Sambo_1 said:

Lyle Taylor put on his Instagram today 'Done' and yestureday a picture of cutty sark with 'i love this city'. To me that means he is staying in london and signing for us.

He was born in Greenwich so Cutty Sark no surprise.

Maybe he is reflecting on how much he loves London as he's about to leave it.

WIOTOS
  • Wimbledon have just signed James Hanson from Sheffield utd so Lyle Taylor definitely isn't staying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wimbledon have just signed James Hanson from Sheffield utd so Lyle Taylor definitely isn't staying.

Hanson was a fine player at this level
    For Bradford he was... For Bury he wasnt...
  • Just checked his instagram again and hes put up a post about his time off and saying the hard graft starts again tomorrow. Im guessimg hes returning to training tomorrow whereas the sunderland team reported back today... maybe a sign hes coming to us
  • Just checked his instagram again and hes put up a post about his time off and saying the hard graft starts again tomorrow. Im guessimg hes returning to training tomorrow whereas the sunderland team reported back today... maybe a sign hes coming to us

Maybe, maybe not.

Dont we report back tomorrow? - I thought I saw somewhere a Wednesday was mentioned

Dont we report back tomorrow? - I thought I saw somewhere a Wednesday was mentioned
    Yes we do.

• Sambo_1 said:

Lyle Taylor put on his Instagram today 'Done' and yestureday a picture of cutty sark with 'i love this city'. To me that means he is staying in london and signing for us.

WIOTOS
    I can see that maybe your right. I might be too optimistic.
  • Where are we now optimistic about signing a free agent from Wimbledon. Remember last player we got from Wimbledon.he cost £6.5 million though I think
  • Where are we now optimistic about signing a free agent from Wimbledon. Remember last player we got from Wimbledon.he cost £6.5 million though I think

Jason Euell? - Was £4.75m
  • Sponsored links:

• Sadly its an article just suggesting we should look at him.
  • Am I missing something regarding Lyle Taylor? He’s hardly a world beater, definitely not the kind of player that’s going to lead charlton to the championship!

Then again, best we can get at the moment with shoestring funds
  • I added inflation alright

Thats how much we have fallen. But yes ill be happy to have him on a free, with the current state of our club ill be grateful for any signings. Taylor is better then what we have. More prolific then any of our current strikers.
  • Sambo_1 said:

Sambo_1 said:

WIOTOS
    I can see that maybe your right. I might be too optimistic.
    You could well be right, I just don't read too much into tweets or instagram posts. WIOTOS
  • Sambo_1 said:

Where are we now optimistic about signing a free agent from Wimbledon. Remember last player we got from Wimbledon.he cost £6.5 million though I think

Thats how much we have fallen. But yes ill be happy to have him on a free, with the current state of our club ill be grateful for any signings. Taylor is better then what we have. More prolific then any of our current strikers.
    Ajose has scored 88 goals in 284-games (Goal every 3.2 games)
    Taylor has scored 140 goals in 367-games (Goal every 2.6 games)

There's a risk we're signing another player who can be very hit and cold if not at the right club

Taylor like Ajose has certainly flopped at more clubs than he's succeeded at
  • edited June 2018
    Every player you buy is a risk. We were really pleased to sign Ben Reeves and Mark Marshall, they both had a poor season.
  • Just always cautious signing Strikers just because of their goal scoring ability from the previous season

Take Jack Marriott for example; 12-goals in League Two for Luton; 33-goals for Peterborough the next year
  • Just always cautious signing Strikers just because of their goal scoring ability from the previous season

Take Jack Marriott for example; 12-goals in League Two for Luton; 33-goals for Peterborough the next year

Yes, that especially applies to goal poacher types who contribute little other than 6 yard finishes