Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• pettgra said:

Taylor spotted at training ground this morning.

Confirmed ?

Yes.It is a fact.
  • edited June 2018
    I heard from a Mackem fan that we are offering more dosh than Sunderland. The new owner of Sunderland is worried about the high wage bill. He is desperately trying to shift the high earners.
    Here is more from the Sunderland Echo.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/stewart-donald-reveals-sunderland-s-wage-bill-still-tops-20million-as-he-looks-to-sell-players-1-9222037
  • If we do sign Taylor then I have my reservations but am impressed we've managed to get him

If he chose Bristol Rovers over us I'd be worried about the situation at the Valley even more, and with him picking us over Sunderland makes me wonder if they're not going to be like Wigan or Blackburn next season

Could be about first team football. Pretty much guaranteed with us but at Sunderland ? Agree that choosing another league one club over us would be a real concern.
    Dunno... Sunderland didnt exactly have experienced Strikers in the latter stages of the season - Ashley Fletcher (loan) | Joel Asoro |Josh Maja were their only options after Grabban left with the latter two being from their Academy
  • dickplumb said:

I heard from a Mackem fan that we are offering more dosh than Sunderland. The new owner of Sunderland is worried about the high wage bill. He is desperately trying to shift the high earners.

Wouldnt surprise me... Jack Rodwell is one of the biggest issues they've gotta try and move on first
  • Is his name Ajose? No? I'll take him.
  • dickplumb said:

Wouldnt surprise me... Jack Rodwell is one of the biggest issues they've gotta try and move on first
    If they move him on then they can fund an entire squad. I hear they cut his wages by about 1/3 when they dropped into the Championship but he is refusing another pay cut. He is on something silly like £40k p/wk.
  • I had a dream we signed Lyle Taylor last night.

However, he looked like Ryan Sidebottom....
  • dickplumb said:

If they move him on then they can fund an entire squad. I hear they cut his wages by about 1/3 when they dropped into the Championship but he is refusing another pay cut. He is on something silly like £40k p/wk.
    See the article I posted from the Sunderland Echo. Roswell is indeed on £40000
    a week.
  • dickplumb said:

Think they need to... Still have Didier Ndong to come back from Watford and Wahbi Khazri from Rennes

They've got a lot of high earners they seriously need to move on (and not just loan out) which sounds really familiar yet like you say, if they can do so they'll be able to fund an entire squad, only problem is they'll need to as their squad will be as weak as ours
  • edited June 2018

If we do sign Taylor then I have my reservations but am impressed we've managed to get him

If he chose Bristol Rovers over us I'd be worried about the situation at the Valley even more, and with him picking us over Sunderland makes me wonder if they're not going to be like Wigan or Blackburn next season

Could be about first team football. Pretty much guaranteed with us but at Sunderland ? Agree that choosing another league one club over us would be a real concern.
    Dunno... Sunderland didnt exactly have experienced Strikers in the latter stages of the season - Ashley Fletcher (loan) | Joel Asoro |Josh Maja were their only options after Grabban left with the latter two being from their Academy
    They just signed Chris Maguire from Bury

dickplumb said:

Sunderland's local paper reported that he was on 73k and even after the wage cut now they've dropped into league one he still picks up around 44k a week!!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-rodwell-finally-take-pay-14520392
  • Sponsored links:

• I stuck a cheeky tenner on them to go down again this year, don't think they will, but i can't see them walking the league either
  • dickplumb said:

thought he had no relegation clause when they dropped into the Championship from the PL but bizarrely there was one when they dropped into League One. He was on 75k pw in the Championship.

• edited June 2018
    https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/lyle-taylor.1434465/page-28

Sunderland fans forum have a 28 page thread over the speculation, be funny if we end up with him after that. Imagine a few of them won't be too happy
  • Simonsen said:

Rumours of two new players at Sparrows Lane today......

Any idea who? and reliable source?
  • Simonsen said:

one probably Vetokele, Bow says 'it's like having a new body in the building' ala Gobbinson.

• Ones a winger. Source. My intuition.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am waiting for the three Bournemouth players. Has Stephen Kelly arrived yet?
  • Simonsen said:

Is this from the forum that cannot be named?
  • A Belgian and a Moroccan is what I’ve heard.

Maybe Bergdych wants another crack at English football?
  • dickplumb said:

I am waiting for the three Bournemouth players. Has Stephen Kelly arrived yet?

He keeps missing the turn off on the M25.
  • iaitch said:

A Belgian and a Moroccan is what I’ve heard.

Maybe Bergdych wants another crack at English football?
    I should have added that Lapointe is the Belgian.
  • Very good Goalkeeper in his time