Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• edited June 2018

Scoham said:
    Now that’s interesting because I heard a few days ago that we might be in the hunt.

Any other football clubs near Greenwich who he might have been linked with?
    Greenwich Borough, if it was good enough for Ian Wright :wink:
  • Valley11 said:

Swap for Magennis?

I’d settle for that.
  • Scoham said:
    Now that’s interesting because I heard a few days ago that we might be in the hunt.

Any other football clubs near Greenwich who he might have been linked with?
    Well yes but that doesn’t detract from what I heard.

• Scoham said:
    Wouldn’t get too excited, odds are it’s Millwall.
  • Yeah he’s on his way to Millwall apparently. Season loan. So I’ve heard from my Millwall chums
  • Valley11 said:

Swap for Magennis?

No, Bolton already have signed a big man up front. That ship has sailed.
  • edited June 2018

Scoham said:
    Wouldn’t get too excited, odds are it’s Millwall.
    Who have got rid of one of their keepers to Wimbledon.
  • edited June 2018
    Amos in Greenwich could still mean Millwall?

edit: just seen people on this page have said the same.
  • Right Taylor’s in great buy..... get Holmes back and get Amos in goal and I’ll be happy
  • may be Taylor could play up front with vetokele that would be good
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he's off to Millwall but Amos would be the signing of the summer for us.
  • Bowyer said we were very close to his two main signings on Tuesday. Taylor yesterday, Amos in Greenwich last night. Coincidence or is it Rodman?
  • Must admit i don't know too much about Rodman but looking at his wiki, he's 31 and as recently as 3 seasons ago he was playing for Gateshead in the conference. Is he really the answer to what we need?
  • Sometimes players like that are exactly what every club needs. They can be more hungry to succeee and do well! Look at what jamie vardy has achieved! Rodman was a good player last season and could do well for a nother season or two in this league
  • Anytime I saw him.last season he looked more than decent. I like players that have come from non league and had a normal job. Makes them hungrier.
  • Must admit i don't know too much about Rodman but looking at his wiki, he's 31 and as recently as 3 seasons ago he was playing for Gateshead in the conference. Is he really the answer to what we need?

Must admit i don't know too much about Rodman but looking at his wiki, he's 31 and as recently as 3 seasons ago he was playing for Gateshead in the conference. Is he really the answer to what we need?

You mean like Bradley Pritchard who was barely a footballer when he joined us? Or maybe Matt Taylor who was an average League 1 CB?
  • Rodman is being strongly linked with old manager Hurst at Ipswich, and also Coventry and Peterborough
  • So if we bought in Amos and added a decent winger and CB to get to Bowyers 4 we would not be far off IMO. The squad would still be 3-4 light though and I don’t think the kids are ready to come through yet from what I have read here... Maloney etc.

Keepers: Phillips, Amos
    RB: Solly, Djiksteel
    LB: Page
    CB: Pearce, Bauer, new?
    CM: Forster Caskey, Aribo, Reeves, Clarke
    W: Fosu, new?
    S: Taylor, Vetekele, Magennis, Ahearne Grant

5 Moved on: Ajose, Lennon, Konsa, Sarr, Marshall
  • Sponsored links:

• So if we bought in Amos and added a decent winger and CB to get to Bowyers 4 we would not be far off IMO. The squad would still be 3-4 light though and I don’t think the kids are ready to come through yet from what I have read here... Maloney etc.

If we see reeves and clarke as 2 of our 4 central midfielders we are truly fucked. Both are number 10's.
  • I think the next two players in will be midfield and GK.
  • Amos will not be coming to us. Source very reliable.
  • edited June 2018
    Amos performances last season will almost certainly lead to a chance in the Championship or as back up in the Prem. Source common sense.
  • I thought Bowyer said we were close on two signings. I wonder what has happened to the other one?
  • Could have been Agogo who ended up signing for Coventry?
  • I think the next two players in will be midfield and GK.

Midfield as in centre midfield or midfield as in wide midfield?

He’s already said he doesn’t want to move Marshall on hasn’t he? We need a squad and players who can be versatile - based on the back end of last season I would keep him
    Djiksteel is a DM, that's where he wants to play.
  • Redhenry said:

So if we bought in Amos and added a decent winger and CB to get to Bowyers 4 we would not be far off IMO. The squad would still be 3-4 light though and I don’t think the kids are ready to come through yet from what I have read here... Maloney etc.

He’s already said he doesn’t want to move Marshall on hasn’t he? We need a squad and players who can be versatile - based on the back end of last season I would keep him
    Djiksteel is a DM, that's where he wants to play.
    Too right as well. Pretty much every other player has had the chance to prove themselves in their own position. Dijksteel deserves the same, so if that means we go out and have to get another right back to allow Anfernee to play in midfield alongside Forster-Caskey, so be it. It will be cheaper than signing a centre midfielder instead.