Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• dickplumb said:

As a regular watcher of the U23s I hope we get some right back cover and let Anfernee play his natural position as a defensive midfielder.

not with RD still here. Mag will have to be in goal before he funds the team properly.
  • dickplumb said:

As a regular watcher of the U23s I hope we get some right back cover and let Anfernee play his natural position as a defensive midfielder.

100% correct. This boy is the real deal imo.
  • I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but Bowyer was quoted on the BBC web site yesterday saying the Lyle Taylor was his "main target".

You can read this several ways however if Taylor was was the main target in terms of finance then all future signings will be cheaper options.
  • I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but Bowyer was quoted on the BBC web site yesterday saying the Lyle Taylor was his "main target".

You can read this several ways however if Taylor was was the main target in terms of finance then all future signings will be cheaper options.

Or he is playing mind games with the lad, bugging him up.
  • cfgs said:

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but Bowyer was quoted on the BBC web site yesterday saying the Lyle Taylor was his "main target".

Bit intrusive, bugging his home.

I'm not in the least surprised a tough, quick, goal scoring centre forward was the main target.
  • cfgs said:

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but Bowyer was quoted on the BBC web site yesterday saying the Lyle Taylor was his "main target".

Bit intrusive, bugging his home.

Argh blooming autocorrect.
  • We need three CM’s before the start of the campaign.
  • Sponsored links:

• We need three CM’s before the start of the campaign.

I have got high hopes for Taylor Maloney and Albie Morgan to play some part next season.
  • dickplumb said:

We need three CM’s before the start of the campaign.

I have got high hopes for Taylor Maloney and Albie Morgan to play some part next season.
    Problem is the players ahead of them in Dijksteel and Aribo are young and inexperienced themselves.

It's great to see them come through but I doubt we'll be challenging for promotion if we're playing two or three youngsters together in CM.
  • dickplumb said:

Some part maybe but relying on youth (instead of giving them time and experience as needed) is very unlikely to work out in the long run... And puts unneeded pressure on them too.
  • We definitely need a ball winning “destroyer” in midfield. Someone who can break up play and provide simple balls to JFC, Aribo and Fosu who can do damage. Not sure we have the teeth in midfield to run a top two campaign.

Ideally we'd have got more players on earlier, but looking around there haven't been that many transfers anywhere really, it's as if everyone has slowed down for the World Cup!
  • edited June 2018
    thenewbie said:

dickplumb said:

Some part maybe but relying on youth (instead of giving them time and experience as needed) is very unlikely to work out in the long run... And puts unneeded pressure on them too.
    I didn't say relying, I said some part. Maybe playing in the League Cup, Checkatrade or putting them on the bench for a League game. You don't win anything with kids.

• Bowyer was saying that two incoming transfers were very close some days ago. We signed Taylor so I’m assuming the other player has fallen through ? Would it be Abu Ogogo do you think ?

We also don’t seem to be linked with anyone at present.

Squad is gaping with holes at the moment. Anyone else think it will remain that way. I do.
  • edited June 2018

We definitely need a ball winning “destroyer” in midfield. Someone who can break up play and provide simple balls to JFC, Aribo and Fosu who can do damage. Not sure we have the teeth in midfield to run a top two campaign.

The team building isn't done yet.

I'm sure Bowyer as a tigerish midfielder himself already will know what's needed.
    And will do what he can to build the team in his own image.

There'll be more players coming in. Bet your house on it.

• Igor wants to move back to Belgium. His current wage is too high for clubs in Belgium to buy him so expect another loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Igor wants to move back to Belgium. His current wage is too high for clubs in Belgium to buy him so expect another loan.

Source?
  • How long has Igor got left on his contract? I'm sure this will be his 5th season with us?
  • cafc4life said:

Igor wants to move back to Belgium. His current wage is too high for clubs in Belgium to buy him so expect another loan.

Source?
    Someone who has been very reliable last season with transfers and I’ve just seen that igor’s posted on his wife’s Instagram about being back with them and reunited. Fair play obviously is settled in Belgium now and I’d rather have someone who wants to fight for the club.

• cafc4life said:

Igor wants to move back to Belgium. His current wage is too high for clubs in Belgium to buy him so expect another loan.

Source?
    Someone who has been very reliable last season with transfers and I’ve just seen that igor’s posted on his wife’s Instagram about being back with them and reunited. Fair play obviously is settled in Belgium now and I’d rather have someone who wants to fight for the club.

Not sure why anyone thought Igor would be with us this season anyway. He dislikes the club and prefers living in Belgium.
  • We definitely need a ball winning “destroyer” in midfield. Someone who can break up play and provide simple balls to JFC, Aribo and Fosu who can do damage. Not sure we have the teeth in midfield to run a top two campaign.

Dijksteel fits the bill.

Dijksteel fits the bill.
    He might but he’s very inexperienced.

Anyway what with the takeover thread news I’m not really expecting much in the way of squad building.

Dijksteel fits the bill.
    He might but he’s very inexperienced.

Anyway what with the takeover thread news I’m not really expecting much in the way of squad building.

squad dismantling more like

Dijksteel fits the bill.
    Good call. Would love to see him given a fist team try in that role.