Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

We definitely need a ball winning “destroyer” in midfield. Someone who can break up play and provide simple balls to JFC, Aribo and Fosu who can do damage. Not sure we have the teeth in midfield to run a top two campaign.

The team building isn't done yet.

I'm sure Bowyer as a tigerish midfielder himself already will know what's needed.
    And will do what he can to build the team in his own image.

There'll be more players coming in. Bet your house on it.

Don't put your house on it, FFS. More chance than not you'll be homeless by September.
  • Jordan Cousins? Just sayin

What rumoured or just saying
  • Davo55 said:

Oggy Red said:

We definitely need a ball winning “destroyer” in midfield. Someone who can break up play and provide simple balls to JFC, Aribo and Fosu who can do damage. Not sure we have the teeth in midfield to run a top two campaign.

The team building isn't done yet.

I'm sure Bowyer as a tigerish midfielder himself already will know what's needed.
    And will do what he can to build the team in his own image.

There'll be more players coming in. Bet your house on it.

Don't put your house on it, FFS. More chance than not you'll be homeless by September.
    Wasn't going to risk my house, Davo ....... I was just telling Shooters Hill Guru to do it instead; :smile:

Okay I’ll play. You say Jordan Cousins, I raise you...

N’Golo Kanté? Just saying.
  • Love to have Jordan back.

Rumoured to be going to Peterborough.
  • Cousins in league one would be a stand out player
  • Expect QPR would want a fee for him....which means he wont join us unless the takeover happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Expect QPR would want a fee for him....which means he wont join us unless the takeover happens.

Or they loan him out.
  • Scoham said:

Expect QPR would want a fee for him....which means he wont join us unless the takeover happens.

Or they loan him out.
    Suspect wages are going to be an issue for us in any attempt to get JC. I think it’s pretty clear that QPR want rid so can’t see them wanting to stump up a large part of his wages. Same problem if we looked to sign him.

• I was thinking more if they don’t get any better offers he may be available later on for a relatively small percentage of his wages like Amos was.
  • Think he’s just speculating but Dr Kish saying Akinde is leaving Barnet and suggesting he may be coming to us.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201806&date=20180630&time=0725
  • Scoham said:

Think he’s just speculating but Dr Kish saying Akinde is leaving Barnet and suggesting he may be coming to us.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201806&date=20180630&time=0725

Going to Lincoln apparently.
  • Akinde is not what we should be going for
  • Akinde is not what we should be going for

Akinde is not what we are going for.
  • I don't see why QPR would let Cousins ago anyway, or why he would accept a move to L1

On what basis. Did alright, with some significant flaws, for us in a poor championship side, one that got us relegated in the first place, and then couldn’t really get in a very mediocre QPR side.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he's dropping into league one, surely he'd rather come back to us than go to Peterborough?
  • If he's dropping into league one, surely he'd rather come back to us than go to Peterborough?

Can we afford and do we want ?

• Cousins left partly because we are a basket case of a club, we still are so there is no chance of him coming back - even on loan.

Can we afford and do we want ?

I can't see why we wouldn't want him, he'd be one of the best midfielders in the league.
    As for whether we can afford him, who knows. But could Peterborough?
  • what is it with wanting to sign ex-players ?? Happens every transfer window.

Do we know if Cousins is even up for transfer ?? does he want to leave ?? even if he does he's not going to want to drop a division and/or a drop in wages.

might as well discuss signing Gomez or Lookman.

On what basis. Did alright, with some significant flaws, for us in a poor championship side, one that got us relegated in the first place, and then couldn’t really get in a very mediocre QPR side.
    On the basis he was a solid Championship player. He also did well in a side that finished in mid table in 14/15. He had flaws like all players do. Hollands was very good as a box to box midfielder in the title winning season despite lacking pace. Cousins isn’t a technical player but neither really was Hollands.

Cousins could do a similar job but he was far quicker and even more energetic. That will count for a lot in League 1 and a more technical player alongside him like JFC of Aribo would give us a good balance.

On failing to get in the QPR side he’s been out injured for much of his time there. If he’s lost some of his pace/fitness he won’t be the same player and his weaknesses will be more of an issue. If he’s still got it I think we’d struggle to find someone much better at this level.
  • As far as I can see he’s only linked with Peterborough after one bloke on twitter suggested him. This was after their Chairman mentioned they’re signing a centre mid who is also comfortable at right back.
  • what is it with wanting to sign ex-players ?? Happens every transfer window.

Do we know if Cousins is even up for transfer ?? does he want to leave ?? even if he does he's not going to want to drop a division and/or a drop in wages.

might as well discuss signing Gomez or Lookman.

Yes because the possibility of signing a player who's not been playing that much for a bottom half championship side is EXACTLY the same as a guy who's played for England and another who's done well in the bundesliga.
  • Reason for him being linked is because he came out publicly and said he would like a return to the club one day.