Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• sm said:

I think Djiksteel is a promising young talent, however he has played very little first team football in midfield and it would be foolish to expect him to step straight in and look at home. Bring in a first team defensive minded CM to play with JFC and then give anfernee minutes as and when.

Essex_Al said:

Leuth said:

Please, PLEASE, no more ageing 'solid English' midfielders ffs, let Anfernee run the show

I understand not wanting anymore ageing midfielders, but you want Dijksteel to be our main man in midfield!!!

Glad you're not our manager mate!
    Our manager was playing a similar role in our midfield aged 18 and partial to the wacky baccy at the same time.
    Our manager was one of the most talented teenagers to ever line up for Charlton, can you say the same about Dijksteel?
  • Rodman has joined Bristol Rovers
  • So Stephen Dawson is training with us? Or may I reading the posts wrong
  • Gillingham have re-signed former captain Barry Fuller after his release by AFC Wimbledon, while forward Brandon Hanlan has joined from Charlton.

Right-back Fuller, 33, played 137 times for the Gills in his first spell between 2008-12, helping them win the League Two play-off final in 2009.

He has made 457 league appearances and has agreed a one-year contract.
  • Fuller has (or had) a coaching school in Ashford along with a former CACT employee. Maybe suits him to be nearer to that
  • Macronate said:

Bury.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up
  • flog Phillips and get an experienced GK
  • Swisdom said:

Fuller has (or had) a coaching school in Ashford along with a former CACT employee. Maybe suits him to be nearer to that

Runs it with Curtis Weston, former Millwall and Gillingham player, now at Barnet who went to Erith School, and is still the youngest ever player to play in the FA Cup final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Fuller has (or had) a coaching school in Ashford along with a former CACT employee. Maybe suits him to be nearer to that

Runs it with Curtis Weston, former Millwall and Gillingham player, now at Barnet who went to Erith School, and is still the youngest ever player to play in the FA Cup final.
    Curtis Weston has signed for Chesterfield this summer, gunna be difficult for him to be running it from up there.
  • Swisdom said:

Yes - and Nick Darvil formerly of CACT

Weston seems a nice bloke - friends of one of my former colleagues

• Surprised Weston would do up north to play for a National League team
  • edited July 2018

Surprised Weston would do up north to play for a National League team

I think he has been offered a three year deal and knows Martin Allen well so has worked out well for him.
    He is indeed a good bloke.
  • Sage said:

Swisdom said:

Curtis Weston has signed for Chesterfield this summer, gunna be difficult for him to be running it from up there.
    Ah, didn't realise he'd signed for them. Good League One player at his peak, especially at Gillingham and maybe should have achieved a bit more than he has.
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Yes - and Nick Darvil formerly of CACT

Weston seems a nice bloke - friends of one of my former colleagues

Went to school with him. Haven't spoken to or seen much of him since then but have a few mutual friends that still see him. He was ridiculously talented at school and by far the best footabller there, obviously. He was very aware of his ability, put it that way. Seems to have matured a bit since to be fair to him.
  • Redhenry said:

Coming first in all the running pre season, so the answer is yes.

I'm lost. Who are we talking about here?
    Stephen Dawson.
    Glad I asked as I thought it was some geezer called Grant from Peterborough.

Well that geezer has just had his contract terminated....
  • Redhenry said:

Stephen Dawson.

43 bookings in the league in the last 4 years, so wiill often get booked or get suspended. He is 31 and never played above League One other than one appearance for Chelsea. Bringing someone like him in could slow the development of someone much younger and with more potential for us, like Dijksteel.

So on that, it’s a no thanks.
  • Sage said:

Redhenry said:

Stephen Dawson.

43 bookings in the league in the last 4 years, so wiill often get booked or get suspended. He is 31 and never played above League One other than one appearance for Chelsea. Bringing someone like him in could slow the development of someone much younger and with more potential for us, like Dijksteel.

Just the sort of player we need atm
  • Redhenry said:

Sage said:

Redhenry said:

Stephen Dawson.

Maybe the type of player we need, I just feel there are better out there who we could get and are younger and less likely to be picking up so many bookings each season.

We need a combative, strong and mobile midfielder to sit next to Forster-Caskey, for sure, just not sure he is the player we should be looking at.
  • he is strong and mobile, have you seen him play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Sage said:

Redhenry said:

Stephen Dawson.

Agreed. He’s not a long term fix but for a season where we desperately need his type of player because our own aren’t yet ready he will be perfect. We are certainly going to have a small squad where our young players will be called on. An experienced old head will be invaluable.

• This is a very good signing with our current budget. He is a top League one player.
  • Redhenry said:

This is a very good signing with our current budget. He is a top League one player.

Is it definitely happening then?
  • Redhenry said:

he is strong and mobile, have you seen him play?

Apologies if it sounded as if I said he wasn’t strong and mobile, I was actually saying he is, and is the type of player we need.

I have seen him play. I just think we could do a bit better personnel wise, I think there could be better out there who are a little younger. That was my point.

I am assuming this is a deal going ahead?
  • Sage said:

Redhenry said:

he is strong and mobile, have you seen him play?

Apologies if it sounded as if I said he wasn’t strong and mobile, I was actually saying he is, and is the type of player we need.

I have seen him play. I just think we could do a bit better personnel wise, I think there could be better out there who are a little younger. That was my point.

I am assuming this is a deal going ahead?

Who do you think we could get as an alternative @Sage ?
  • I don't know, but it has been very close to being done previously.
  • Are RH and Sage talking about Dawson or Grant?
  • Are RH and Sage talking about Dawson or Grant?

Grant I think.
  • I thought they were talking about Dawson
  • Jeez i think people need to start quoting when replying to comments!