Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Must be either Karl Henry or David Vaughan.
  • danwhicks said:

Sorry for messing you around by telling you this info and then withholding the most important bit - it’s not Sidwell, Pratley or O Neill
    Id best leave it at that but I think most fans will be happy, it’s not a glittering marquee signing but a good player certainly for this level
    Also he ain’t signed and given the team are all away it’s unlikely to happen till next week

Okay a bit of detective work here.

This looks like someone well known to LB, so l looked at the Watford squad at the time LB was there coaching. One name matched the description. Thing is that player is now under contract at Forest, but they've been splashing out on recruitment big time, so he might now be surplus to requirements and is on the point of being released.

The name in question is Ben Watson.

Probably totally wrong though.
  • danwhicks said:

I class mid 30s as 33-37!

Henry is 35

I wasn’t digging you out dude, just explaining my take on mid 30s
  • danwhicks said:

danwhicks said:

Henry is 35

So you’re not denying it is Karl Henry like you did for Pratley for example...
  • My guess on the players going are.

Big Josh
    Bauer
    Vetokele

That is a total guess though.
  • I don't think for a second we'd have a chance of getting him but Ben Godfrey on loan from Norwich would be great. I'd Imagine he'll be starting for them this year though.
  • I reckon its Amos
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

danwhicks said:

danwhicks said:

Henry is 35

So you’re not denying it is Karl Henry like you did for Pratley for example...
    Right, definitely the last one - not Karl Henry

• I reckon its Amos

Well I was told a couple of weeks ago not to disregard the possibility.

• danwhicks said:

Henry is 35

I'm sure he is older than that

• Swap Magennis for Amos?
  • robroy said:

My guess on the players going are.

Big Josh
    Bauer
    Vetokele

I’ve seen Josh about a lot the last few days and though I have no experience with players moving clubs - he seemed happy and has been working hard in training from what I heard the staff saying
    Today he had a one to one chat with Bowyer away from everyone else and though I got the sense it was a serious chat it ended with a lot of joking about and Lee brought himself a milkshake
    I guess the real question is to get to the bottom of how their chat went, do you buy yourself a milkshake if you’re happy or sad??!

• Alou Diarra.

Would love it if true, but unfortunately I doubt it.
  • edited July 2018
    danwhicks said:

robroy said:

My guess on the players going are.

Big Josh
    Bauer
    Vetokele

I’ve seen Josh about a lot the last few days and though I have no experience with players moving clubs - he seemed happy and has been working hard in training from what I heard the staff saying
    Today he had a one to one chat with Bowyer away from everyone else and though I got the sense it was a serious chat it ended with a lot of joking about and Lee brought himself a milkshake
    I guess the real question is to get to the bottom of how their chat went, do you buy yourself a milkshake if you’re happy or sad??!

He will always work hard as he is a professional, but my guess there is that Bowyer was saying you may be going. The player on tuesday night said to me that Bowyer is upfront with them all and said some will be sold before we get some in.

I was not told who was going, just that some may be.
  • Swisdom said:

robroy said:

Was told some will go before we get more in.

3-4 incoming a 2-3 going

What worries me is 3 in and 3 out means the squad is the size it currently is.

We lost a load of loanees

We all know the twat who owns us is going to take derisory offers about 3 days before the season starts for anyone worth more than a packet of fags

I can see is starting the season desperately short of numbers AGAIN. EVERY FUCKING YEAR IS THE SAME

IF PLAYERS DON'T HAVE A DECENT PRE SEASON THEY REALLY ARE MILES OFF THE PACE FOR MONTHS.

I get so angry that we do this every season. Even seasons when we are not quite a tinpot as we currently are we are late.

This club is doing a brilliant job of ruining my blood pressure again
    By jove, I think you've got it :smile:
  • It's going to be Rojo.
    He has convinced Roland he can play in midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s a ‘big loan addition’ that’s around the same ability/size as Lyle Taylor which actually wasn’t very big - but then it may be smaller than Lyle
    Taylor but it will be big to Bowyer

Talk about learning from Robinson’s sound bite lark!
  • Could be cousins, bowyer would probably know mclaren.
  • sam3110 said:

We won't sign either of them

Did anyone on here think we would sign even Lyle Taylor?
    Sage said:

Must be either Karl Henry or David Vaughan.

If it's Vaughan I could have a Charlton shirts with my surname on it
  • uie2 said:

sam3110 said:

Sage said:

They can do that for you anyway... haha.
  • uie2 said:

sam3110 said:

Sage said:

They can do that for you anyway... haha.
    Yea I know lol but without it being a little self obsessed
  • sammy391 said:

It’s a ‘big loan addition’ that’s around the same ability/size as Lyle Taylor which actually wasn’t very big - but then it may be smaller than Lyle
    Taylor but it will be big to Bowyer

Talk about learning from Robinson’s sound bite lark!
    Haha...think Bowyers suffering under the holiday sun! What’s he wittering on about? Ah...a potential loan signing, I’m preparing myself to be amazed by this one!
  • It's going to be Rojo.
    He has convinced Roland he can play in midfield.

I know you're joking, but he's signed a new contract with Bromley.
  • “We are working on the midfielder situation and the owner is speaking to a club at the moment on a different position as well.
    To me it's slightly weird/worrying that Roland is STILL involved in this summer's transfers
  • “We are working on the midfielder situation and the owner is speaking to a club at the moment on a different position as well.
    To me it's slightly weird/worrying that Roland is STILL involved in this summer's transfers

True but as the current owner he has to at least make provision for a sale not going through. He might have no interest in us particularly but he does have enough sense to know a league one club is worth more than a league two one.

It will be more worrying if we see appointments to CEO and CFO. Players will go and come in.