Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• “We are working on the midfielder situation and the owner is speaking to a club at the moment on a different position as well.
    To me it's slightly weird/worrying that Roland is STILL involved in this summer's transfers

Whilst it’s worrying , I guess it’s also a positive that he’s doing it himself and not appointing someone to do it for him - signaling that he’s staying!
  • Swap Magennis for Amos?

Swap Magennis for Amos?

I’d take that all day long, but we’d need additional firepower too
  • So out of;
    Jordan Cousins
    Mark Gower
    Darren Pratley
    Stephen Dawson
    Anthony Grant
    David Vaughan
    Karl Henry
    Gary O’Neil
    Alou Diarra
    Ben Watson
    Hayden Mullins
    Julian Gray
    Darren Purse
    Andy Delort

Who is our next signing?
  • _nam11 said:

So out of;
    Jordan Cousins
    Mark Gower
    Darren Pratley
    Stephen Dawson
    Anthony Grant
    David Vaughan
    Karl Henry
    Gary O’Neil
    Alou Diarra
    Ben Watson
    Hayden Mullins
    Julian Gray
    Darren Purse
    Andy Delort

Who is our next signing?

Not one of those.
  • _nam11 said:

So out of;
    Jordan Cousins
    Mark Gower
    Darren Pratley
    Stephen Dawson
    Anthony Grant
    David Vaughan
    Karl Henry
    Gary O’Neil
    Alou Diarra
    Ben Watson
    Hayden Mullins
    Julian Gray
    Darren Purse
    Andy Delort

Who is our next signing?

I'd take big alou
  • Lee and JJ were both midfield players so I believe they could find some diamonds
  • Darren Bent
  • Ricky Holmes?
  • edited July 2018
    Wes Hoolahan?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    if what the bloke staying at the tram hotel posted was true then an ageing has been who is looking for one more pay day is not going to be the answer.

our first season in the prem we signed John Barnes as a last gasp signing to help keep us up.......that didn't work. This season we'll be lucky to sign him now......
  • if what the bloke staying at the tram hotel posted was true then an ageing has been who is looking for one more pay day is not going to be the answer.

our first season in the prem we signed John Barnes as a last gasp signing to help keep us up.......that didn't work. This season we'll be lucky to sign him now......

You're forgetting JFH, Rojo, Redfearn, Traore, Murphy, Milne and many more.
  • Could the mystery player be Chris Baird ? He can play right back, left back And DM. He’s pretty ancient but played quite a few games for Derby last season.
  • Could be Darren bent....... or Yann :)
  • if what the bloke staying at the tram hotel posted was true then an ageing has been who is looking for one more pay day is not going to be the answer.

The player is older, yes but he’s still got quality. It may be one more pay day but this guy has been a good ambassador for his club and is a leader. I seriously doubt he’d play every game but he’s a sensible lad highly talked about by his most recent club. I hope we do sign him

• danwhicks said:

if what the bloke staying at the tram hotel posted was true then an ageing has been who is looking for one more pay day is not going to be the answer.

The player is older, yes but he’s still got quality. It may be one more pay day but this guy has been a good ambassador for his club and is a leader. I seriously doubt he’d play every game but he’s a sensible lad highly talked about by his most recent club. I hope we do sign him

More of an Andy Hughes style signing maybe.
  • danwhicks said:

Dan how can you do this to us can you give us a clue to his identity??
  • danwhicks said:

I class mid 30s as 33-37!

I class it as 33-42
    Ha - I class it as 43
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Dan is it Samir Nasri or Alex Song?
  • Josh Cullen
  • Kanu?
  • You lot are like kids trying to guess their Christmas presents :smile:
  • Scoham said:
    Wow - 2 things emphasise to me where we are as a club.

Cov offered him more money - of all the clubs.

Lyle Taylor is our main signing.

Shows we are no more than a mid table league one club until new owners show up
  • Josh Cullen

He'd be a superb signing.
  • Scoham said:

I think at the moment our best 11 could probably squeeze into the play offs. But the depth is so weak that unless our top players play 45 games we will indeed finish around 14th
  • Scoham said:

Or does it show we wouldn't pay over the odds for a man who has let his contract expire to start a bidding war for his services?

We had to pick who the priority was and get that over the line. Ogogo was wanted but not to the point we jeopardise Taylor and clearly Ogogo was looking for more than our first offer. I suspect there's a hell of a lot more to it as there are calls in and out happening all the time so the goalposts are moving all the time.

We do however need to start making progress soon because we are behind so many teams in signing players and getting them to gel. I don't care how many times players say "we've bonded really well and spirit is great" because there must be new additions to come and players to leave - so it's all pretty pointless at the moment