Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Just to show how far we have fallen and how crazy the transfer market is.... my Wolves friends says that they might make a bid for Ronaldo. Supposedly £90M. They have the money, the space, and are already well on the way to becoming a Portuguese squad.
  • Just to show how far we have fallen and how crazy the transfer market is.... my Wolves friends says that they might make a bid for Ronaldo. Supposedly £90M. They have the money, the space, and are already well on the way to becoming a Portuguese squad.

They’d need his agent in their pocket

But he’ll be back at Man U if he came back

• He's off to Juve
  • edited July 2018
    Steve..........
  • sam3110 said:

He's off to Juve

Apparently has a clause that he can’t be sold back to Utd or go to Barcelona, so probably Juve is a very good call..

As if he'd go to Wolves and join them in their fight to try and finish in the top half.

More chance of them signing the Brazilian Ronaldo!
  • danwhicks said:

Talked to one of the players last night who told me that we’re likely to sign a midfielder next week, told me his name but asked me to keep it shhhtum until signed and don’t want him to throw me in the pool!
    Good solid experienced midfielder with decent pedigree playing in England and is in mid 30’s so in my opinion (not the clubs) it may be his last season but he’s going to lend some great experience to our young midfield - IF he signs as he’s a free agent

Not Mark Gower again is it?
  • danwhicks said:

Talked to one of the players last night who told me that we’re likely to sign a midfielder next week, told me his name but asked me to keep it shhhtum until signed and don’t want him to throw me in the pool!
    Good solid experienced midfielder with decent pedigree playing in England and is in mid 30’s so in my opinion (not the clubs) it may be his last season but he’s going to lend some great experience to our young midfield - IF he signs as he’s a free agent

Not Mark Gower again is it?
    Ha, no - I’d class him as late 30’s

• Sponsored links:

• Bloomberg report that Ronaldo has accepted Juve terms, now down to Real and Juve to agree.
  • Bloomberg report that Ronaldo has accepted Juve terms, now down to Real and Juve to agree.

Still one hell of a player.

• danwhicks said:

Darren Pratley or Gary O'Neil?

Still one hell of a player.

Aussies missing out on him due to the takeover dragging on...
  • danwhicks said:

Bingo! I think it is Darren Pratley.
  • Sage said:

danwhicks said:

What we need ?
  • edited July 2018
    Steve Sidwell (35)?
  • Sage said:

danwhicks said:

What we need ?
    I would say so. He’s a leader, having been captain at both Swansea and Bolton. He’s tall and I would say fairly mobile for his age. He isn’t going to venture forward much but if he can sit, protect and scan along the base of midfield to allow Forster-Caskey to create, that can only be a good thing.

This isn’t for certain, I just got a feeling it is him, he ticks all the boxes. He’s a solid, experienced professional, nothing spectacular, recently been let go of Bolton, played a fair amount in his career, he is 33, been captain for a few years so he can lend that experience to the younger players.
  • Essex_Al said:

Steve Sidwell (35)?

He's been injured for too long now, but on 2nd thoughts that's the kind of player we normally sign.
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

danwhicks said:

What we need ?
    I would say so. He’s a leader, having been captain at both Swansea and Bolton. He’s tall and I would say fairly mobile for his age. He isn’t going to venture forward much but if he can sit, protect and scan along the base of midfield to allow Forster-Caskey to create, that can only be a good thing.

This isn’t for certain, I just got a feeling it is him, he ticks all the boxes. He’s a solid, experienced professional, nothing spectacular, recently been let go of Bolton, played a fair amount in his career, he is 33, been captain for a few years so he can lend that experience to the younger players.
    Could only be Darren Pratley then....
  • Sponsored links:

• Was told some will go before we get more in.

3-4 incoming a 2-3 going
  • I still think that if we do lose some players and replace them there will be in addition a couple of loans as well.
  • Sorry for messing you around by telling you this info and then withholding the most important bit - it’s not Sidwell, Pratley or O Neill
    Id best leave it at that but I think most fans will be happy, it’s not a glittering marquee signing but a good player certainly for this level
    Also he ain’t signed and given the team are all away it’s unlikely to happen till next week
  • danwhicks said:

Sorry for messing you around by telling you this info and then withholding the most important bit - it’s not Sidwell, Pratley or O Neill
    Id best leave it at that but I think most fans will be happy, it’s not a glittering marquee signing but a good player certainly for this level
    Also he ain’t signed and given the team are all away it’s unlikely to happen till next week

That would save on Roly paying out for a plane ticket.
  • danwhicks said:

Sorry for messing you around by telling you this info and then withholding the most important bit - it’s not Sidwell, Pratley or O Neill

Wow, that’s thrown it out. Wonder who it could be now?

The only other one I can think of is Karl Henry...
  • Sage said:

danwhicks said:

Wow, that’s thrown it out. Wonder who it could be now?

The only other one I can think of is Karl Henry...
    Age fits. 35

• Giles Coke and Dean Marney only other names I could find, Marney out of the question imo
  • I class mid 30s as 33-37!
  • danwhicks said:

I class mid 30s as 33-37!

Henry is 35