Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Wow - 2 things emphasise to me where we are as a club.

Cov offered him more money - of all the clubs.

Lyle Taylor is our main signing.

Shows we are no more than a mid table league one club until new owners show up
    I think at the moment our best 11 could probably squeeze into the play offs. But the depth is so weak that unless our top players play 45 games we will indeed finish around 14th
    Always has been under Roland. Not bad first 11 but absolutely no depth what’s so ever .
  • Darren Bent wouldn’t be a loan he is out of contract released by Derby

I'd hate him to come back and be a flop. I want to remember Benty for the good times. As they say 'never go back'.

• Swisdom said:

Darren Bent now looks like he ate the Darren Bent we had before

So twice as fast.
  • Well it's not gonna be David Vaughan! He's just signed for Notts County! Did he turn us down too!!? ;)

I'd hate him to come back and be a flop. I want to remember Benty for the good times. As they say 'never go back'.

Unless you’re Chris Powell?

Yeah never go back. Hope we don’t sign Gomez or Lookman either.
  • Ginger ?

Well Dan liked my post so my info may be correct.
  • edited July 2018
    It's Alan Smith of Leeds/Newcastle fame.
  • Sponsored links:

I think @LargeAddick was talking about old players whi are coming to the end of their careers .....not youngters whi have just left.
  • It's Alan Smith of Newcastle fame.

84 games for NUFC - no goals.
  • Mrkinski said:

It's Alan Smith of Newcastle fame.

84 games for NUFC - no goals.
    So long as he doesn't sign as a striker then I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

I know what you mean, but I remember the end of Benty's time with us as being disappointing (not through his failings, but those of the team around him).

So I'd love to see him back with us and helping us to get promoted back to the Champ!
  • Simon Dawkins on trial.
  • Not sure if posted yet don't think I've seen it

Who he .

I think @LargeAddick was talking about old players whi are coming to the end of their careers .....not youngters whi have just left.
    I understand that but I think the not going back thing is a load of bollocks. If the player, manager, chairman or ball boy can improve the club then we should sign them up.

Why decline someone on the basis they have been here before? What a ridiculous reason
  • I always thought he looked pretty decent when he played for Derby
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought his "brief history of time" book was over rated.
  • I thought his "brief history of time" book was over rated.

Do you mean the football delusion ?

• Just to show how far we have fallen and how crazy the transfer market is.... my Wolves friends says that they might make a bid for Ronaldo. Supposedly £90M. They have the money, the space, and are already well on the way to becoming a Portuguese squad.

A bit like when Jimmy Seed wanted to sign Matthews for £10,000.
  • sam3110 said:

Giles Coke and Dean Marney only other names I could find, Marney out of the question imo

Too late... Going to some Colombian side
    I hear it's off - they got a bit sniffy about him.
  • sam3110 said:

Giles Coke and Dean Marney only other names I could find, Marney out of the question imo

Too late... Going to some Colombian side
    I hear it's off - they got a bit sniffy about him.
    The fans wont be happy... They've been reported as chanting: "But we love Coke"
  • _nam11 said:

So out of;
    Jordan Cousins
    Mark Gower
    Darren Pratley
    Stephen Dawson
    Anthony Grant
    David Vaughan
    Karl Henry
    Gary O’Neil
    Alou Diarra
    Ben Watson
    Hayden Mullins
    Julian Gray
    Darren Purse
    Andy Delort

Who is our next signing?

When you've eliminated the impossible, whatever's left, not matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Hopefully by God!
  • Dawkins is decent
  • Midfielder who came through the Spurs academy never played though

Wouldnt be a bad addition - Surprised he's 30 though, doesnt seem to have been around that long

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Dawkins

No thanks. Played around 150 games at age 30. At least his legs shouldn't have gone.....he's not used them.
  • charltonJ said:

Dawkins is decent

Is wiki right...? Stayed at Spurs till he was 27 but never played a game for them? What a total waste of a short career.