Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Scoham said:

I hope the takeover goes through soon, Vetokele gets fit and scores plenty of goals for us to get us back to the Championship.

I'm confident Vetokele won't be staying as he is on Championship wages.
    Dr Kish reckons we may be interested in Stephen Dawson.
  • Please, PLEASE, no more ageing 'solid English' midfielders ffs, let Anfernee run the show
  • I think Djiksteel is a promising young talent, however he has played very little first team football in midfield and it would be foolish to expect him to step straight in and look at home. Bring in a first team defensive minded CM to play with JFC and then give anfernee minutes as and when.
  • Scoham said:

Redhenry said:

On the subject of Peterborough though Anthony Grant is in talks with 3 clubs over a move from them. We could be one of those after we missed out on Agogo.

I doubt Agogo would have been earmarked four first eleven. My guess is we offered a low salary to boost squad numbers.
    Watching Bowyer’s interview I think you’re wrong there. He’s said we’re only going for “top players” and talks about only bringing in players that are better than what we have.

Whether he’s right about Agogo being a top player I have no idea.
    Well, he ain't a top player
  • edited July 2018
    Redhenry said:

Scoham said:

Redhenry said:

On the subject of Peterborough though Anthony Grant is in talks with 3 clubs over a move from them. We could be one of those after we missed out on Agogo.

I doubt Agogo would have been earmarked four first eleven. My guess is we offered a low salary to boost squad numbers.
    Watching Bowyer’s interview I think you’re wrong there. He’s said we’re only going for “top players” and talks about only bringing in players that are better than what we have.

Whether he’s right about Agogo being a top player I have no idea.
    Well, he ain't a top player
    I wonder if Agogo's nickname is Whisky.
  • Yes agree our midfield general has got to have the legs to get round the pitch with a bit of speed and get in peoples faces. Crofts is a good example of what we don’t want.
  • Scoham said:

I hope the takeover goes through soon, Vetokele gets fit and scores plenty of goals for us to get us back to the Championship.

I'm confident Vetokele won't be staying as he is on Championship wages.
    Dr Kish reckons we may be interested in Stephen Dawson.
    Our wage budget just about stretches to Les Dawson.
  • Sponsored links:

• That may have legs, he has been close to signing for us a couple of times before.
  • Redhenry said:

That may have legs, he has been close to signing for us a couple of times before.

The question is at 32 does he still have legs?
  • Coming first in all the running pre season, so the answer is yes.
  • Redhenry said:

Coming first in all the running pre season, so the answer is yes.

With us?
  • Redhenry said:

Is he training with us then?

He played the equivalent of 9.5 games last season, only 848 minutes, and got booked 5 times. He is 32, I am not sure that he what we could do with anymore. A couple of years ago, for sure but now I am not totally convinced.
  • Decent player for Barnsley a few years back. Not seen much of him since.
  • From Ketts on Dr Kish

In an interview with Valley Pass last week, Bowyer seemed to indicate that young Australian shot stopper, Ashley Maynard-Brewer, would be providing the cover to Dillon Phillips this season.
  • Jason Pearce said it himself just after the Shrewsbury 2nd Leg

Everyone at the club knows we've got an excellent youth academy with players coming through yet that isnt enough - We need to sign a couple more experienced players who can give us that extra bit of fight

Just need to ensure those that we do sign arent the sort who are looking for a last pay cheque and can actually contribute
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Is that running the sweepstakes, running the snacks cupboard and running the senior players coffee club ?
  • Wait... WTF happened to @dickplumb ? Showing as banned?
  • Sponsored links:

Everyone at the club knows we've got an excellent youth academy with players coming through yet that isnt enough - We need to sign a couple more experienced players who can give us that extra bit of fight

Just need to ensure those that we do sign arent the sort who are looking for a last pay cheque and can actually contribute

3 August.

Charlton Athletic have re-signed central defender Roger Johnson on a 1 year deal.

3 August.

Charlton Athletic have re-signed central defender Roger Johnson on a 1 year deal.
    Shame!

Bromley just beat us to it!
  • Sage said:

Redhenry said:

Is he training with us then?

He played the equivalent of 9.5 games last season, only 848 minutes, and got booked 5 times. He is 32, I am not sure that he what we could do with anymore. A couple of years ago, for sure but now I am not totally convinced.
    With Bury, probably why they got relegated he missed a lot of games.
  • Redhenry said:

I'm lost. Who are we talking about here?
  • Redhenry said:

Stephen Dawson.
  • I think Djiksteel is a promising young talent, however he has played very little first team football in midfield and it would be foolish to expect him to step straight in and look at home. Bring in a first team defensive minded CM to play with JFC and then give anfernee minutes as and when.

Essex_Al said:

Leuth said:

Please, PLEASE, no more ageing 'solid English' midfielders ffs, let Anfernee run the show

I understand not wanting anymore ageing midfielders, but you want Dijksteel to be our main man in midfield!!!

Glad you're not our manager mate!
    Our manager was playing a similar role in our midfield aged 18 and partial to the wacky baccy at the same time.
  • Redhenry said:

Stephen Dawson.
    Glad I asked as I thought it was some geezer called Grant from Peterborough.

• Scoham said:

Anyone got a clue who the second player could be?

Do we know there is one or did we miss out on Agogo?
    Ogogo has Go Go to Coventry
    but no go to Charlton.
  • good signing but why all this instagram, facebook, tweeting bollocks. Just announce via Official Site ffs.

OS is outdated get with it daddio :wink:
    RIP WIOTOS, hello WIOTOIFAT
  • Dropped my son off at Gatwick this morning at 6am. He sent me a photo of him in the queue with JJ and some bloke I can't recognise. Flying to Portugal by Sleazy jet lol.

False economy, just think of all those extra £25 charges for putting their suitcases in the hold, not to mention the kit bags.