Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Just always cautious signing Strikers just because of their goal scoring ability from the previous season

Take Jack Marriott for example; 12-goals in League Two for Luton; 33-goals for Peterborough the next year

I have always believed that the best way to build a squad is to get the best striker you can afford, and then play to his strengths. We signed Ajose and then played him on the wing. If we get Taylor and play a 4-4-2 then he stands a chance.
  • Redrobo said:

Just always cautious signing Strikers just because of their goal scoring ability from the previous season

Take Jack Marriott for example; 12-goals in League Two for Luton; 33-goals for Peterborough the next year

I have always believed that the best way to build a squad is to get the best striker you can afford, and then play to his strengths. We signed Ajose and then played him on the wing. If we get Taylor and play a 4-4-2 then he stands a chance.
    I agree in principle with everything you say.
    Except
    You use Ajose as an example.
    Playing in front of the best midfield we could muster he will still be shite .

If we are serious about promotion next season we need better than him.
  • edited June 2018
    Redrobo said:

Just always cautious signing Strikers just because of their goal scoring ability from the previous season

Slade did play Ajose up front in a 4-4-2. Problem was Slade also played two or three of Jackson, Crofts and Foley in midfield. That wouldn’t get the best out of any striker in League 1.

Robinson then came in, his 4-2-3-1 obsession didn’t suit Ajose at all. That was when he tried him in the wing.
  • edited June 2018

Confirmed for Coventry, change of thread title?
  • Lyle taylor has shared his farewell message on instagram but has not stated where he signed yet
  • Thought Taylor looked a right menace when we lost at their place last season. Think he’d be good for us. Dare I say it, a bit of a Kermorgant all action front man.
  • I don’t fully understand instragram but on mine, under Lyle’s profile, it says Jason Pearce is following him.
  • Valley11 said:

I don’t fully understand instragram but on mine, under Lyle’s profile, it says Jason Pearce is following him.

It's the only way he can catch him.:)
  • Jason pearce commented on his farewell and said all the best geez. Maybe not coming to us
  • Valley11 said:

I don’t fully understand instragram but on mine, under Lyle’s profile, it says Jason Pearce is following him.

Olly Groome now following him
  • Sponsored links:

• A Love Supreme a Sunderland fanzine claims he is following them. I am confused.
  • I predict a non-signing for Charlton
  • I hear his nickname is Moo

Do we have a user of that name on CL?
  • And to chuck in something else I don’t understand, apparently Olly Groome just started following Wimbledon centre back Deja Oshilaja
  • Valley11 said:

And to chuck in something else I don’t understand, apparently Olly Groome just started following Wimbledon centre back Deja Oshilaja

Already following Lyle Taylor
  • Valley11 said:

And to chuck in something else I don’t understand, apparently Olly Groome just started following Wimbledon centre back Deja Oshilaja

He doesn’t, he just also follows Taylor.

Taylor is the only non current or former Charlton player that Olly follows.
  • Olly, you need a burner account.
  • Lyle Taylor follows Pearce and JFC... but also follows some Sunderland players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Simon church it is then
  • Posted by a AFC fan on Facebook.
  • Just want to add, my Womble mate thinks he is signing for us.
  • Swisdom said:

I have to say - Deji Oshijala would be a great signing. Extremely mobile, great in the air and a leader. Like a slightly more reliable Sam Sodje.

Joking aside I really rate him.

100% #Swisdom, if we were to lose Patrick Bauer he would be a great replacement.
  • @0llywozere justvfollowed Ade Akinfenwa as well

Just saying
  • shirty5 said:

dickplumb said:

A goalkeeper Coach will be on the trip to Portugal.

Roland's new signing. Won't buy two goalies but one really big one will do instead?