Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Provisional play off ticket plan

Comments

• Options
    It still keeps telling me I have not got the correct privileges despite being a season ticket holder. It then goes on to say I could try another match.
  • Options
    It may be easier to phone them up in the morning.
  • Options
    This rate will be lucky if there is 10k in the ground. Maybe easier to sit with the Shrewsbury fans.
  • Options
    I'm just about to throw my laptop out the fucking window.

Finally managed to link the two other people I need to buy tickets for to my account, but I can't change the settings to allow me to purchase tickets on their behalf because the system needs to email them the request to change the settings and neither of them have ever given their email to Charlton. Quite where Ticketmaster think they are emailing the request to I don't know.

I think I preferred it when I had to queue for 8 hours all the way up Harvey Gardens and Charlton Lane back in the day.

Are the phonelines going to be open on Bank Holiday Monday?
  • Options

I feel the same and I only needed 2,I am not computer literate and at one stage i was going to abandon the whole thing and not go,luckily a friend came to the rescue and even printed for me as I dont have a printer,I know there is no easy way to do this due to short time scale,but surely someone could have thought of somehing better than this(I had to pay 2 transaction charges as I could not work out how to put 2 season tickets on one order)The play offs are stressful enough without all this.

Same as you mate.
    The bottom line is Roland is a cnut.
    If our club was being run like it should be we could all get our tickets in the normal way.
    But as we are being run by a cnut chaos ensues.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
    With respect the ticketing arrangements appear to be working well with tickets downloaded by many people today. Ticketmaster are geared up to selling tickets quickly. This number of sales could not have been done with the normal ticketing system.

You are entitled to your views about the ownership but somebody in authority worked out how to cope with just a few days to set up after the opponents had been determined. If we had been playing Rotherham having finished fifth more time would have been available.

BTW the downloaded ticket looks just like the normal Charlton ticket.

• Options
    £2.50 fucking charge for my ST dear to print it at home!!!!
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

I feel the same and I only needed 2,I am not computer literate and at one stage i was going to abandon the whole thing and not go,luckily a friend came to the rescue and even printed for me as I dont have a printer,I know there is no easy way to do this due to short time scale,but surely someone could have thought of somehing better than this(I had to pay 2 transaction charges as I could not work out how to put 2 season tickets on one order)The play offs are stressful enough without all this.

Same as you mate.
    If our club was being run like it should be we could all get our tickets in the normal way.

With respect the ticketing arrangements appear to be working well with tickets downloaded by many people today. Ticketmaster are geared up to selling tickets quickly. This number of sales could not have been done with the normal ticketing system.

You are entitled to your views about the ownership but somebody in authority worked out how to cope with just a few days to set up after the opponents had been determined. If we had been playing Rotherham having finished fifth more time would have been available.

The club planned to use ticketmaster irrespective of which date we played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Crusty54 said:

Same as you mate.

Well they could hardly wait until the last game was over to set up with Ticketmaster, could they?

No one is going to miss the game.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Same as you mate.

Before people get really pissed off, they might want to consider why it is that the club with the largest fanbase is playing the home play-off game closer to the end of the season than anybody else? The other clubs in the play-offs have an average of 6-7,000 and a season high gate of around 9,500. On the other hand, we have 6,000 ST holders and an overall fanbase of c.25,000.

We normally sell 3,000 tickets for League 1 home games on top of 6,000 ST holders. Over the next few days there will be 3-4,000 tickets going out the door by email every single day! For whatever reason I was able to log on this morning and buy four tickets for the family and two of them are not ST holders. I was surprised but it was sorted for some £70 + £2.50 admin fee in around five minutes.

@Covered End is providing an unofficial help line and the club have wisely taken the choice to engage the services of Ticket Master to deal with the sheer volume of sales. As others have stated, the game will not be sold out and there will always be a way to create a reference number, password and email combination to facilitate a purchase. Or simply walk up when the tickets go on general sale if people prefer a face to face conversation. It appears that the box office will be working ten hour days on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Bottom line is that if people are patient and courteous with staff at our club and/or Ticket Master, then issues can be resolved and you can print tickets without having to travel to / queue up at the Valley. We can all empathise with those who have to spend more than half an hour resolving any issues but let us please remember the bigger picture. And that is that we are 180 minutes away from Wembley with a team which has beaten all of our rivals bar Scunthorpe during the run in.

In short, it's going to be a pain for some fans sorting out a ticket but we can all look forward to a decent night out at the Valley and hopefully a performance that might go a long way to settling the tie?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Redrobo said:

DRAddick said:

Crusty54 said:

Same as you mate.

Well they could hardly wait until the last game was over to set up with Ticketmaster, could they?

No one is going to miss the game.
    I never argued otherwise. Just pointed out that the play off date was not relevant to the club using ticketmaster as the previous post suggested.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Set up a new hotmail account?

A lot of this procedure relies upon you being computer literate. I wouldn’t have a clue how to set up a hotmail account and I don’t really want one.
    I already have 3 email accounts. It seems like you have to jump through a lot of computer hoops stuff that people of my generation find hard to deal with and quite frankly don’t trust.
    For one, I have no idea what my customer number is, so how can I find that out.? Without that I don’t have a chance on line right from the get go.
    Since I left SE London I haven’t had a season ticket for several years and now live a long way from The Valley.
    I just want to rock up at The Valley around Thursday lunchtime and buy a ticket or get a pal (who lives in Eltham) to get me one sometime during the week, why can’t that be done.....what could be more simple?
    You can just rock up at The Valley around Thursday lunchtime and buy a ticket.
    The club have made this patently clear.
    If you don't read what the club has said, it's hardly the clubs fault is it ?
    Erm.....that’s not what was being suggested on here.
    Thanks for the info anyway.
  • Options
    To those of you experiencing the ‘not the correct privilidges’ message - I’ve just got mine to work and it was because the ‘client reference number’ they sent me on the email is not correct! Not even close. So even though I followed the instructions to the letter presumably it thinks I’m not a ST holder as the client number (that they provided me!) is incorrect. I wasn’t at home so assumed the club would have ensured the numbers in the emails were correct, obviously not and I’m guessing this is where a lot of the issues are com8ng from.

So I’ve gone through the entire process again, but when activiating my account I’ve ignored the email, and used the number on my ST card, which eventually worked!
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

Same as you mate.

Do you work for the club or Ticketmaster?
    no, just read instructions and got a ticket within a couple of minutes this morning.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I might attempt to buy tickets just so I can join in the latest row.
  • Options

I was told by the computer my password was not strong enough,ffs this is Charlton v Shrewsbury not the world cup final

Was it A1234567 ?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Crusty54 said:

Same as you mate.

Before people get really pissed off, they might want to consider why it is that the club with the largest fanbase is playing the home play-off game closer to the end of the season than anybody else? The other clubs in the play-offs have an average of 6-7,000 and a season high gate of around 9,500. On the other hand, we have 6,000 ST holders and an overall fanbase of c.25,000.

The answer is due to Rotherham hosting a Euro U17 game on Sunday, so they can't be at home.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Ticketmaster won’t sell me tickets because it says I’m not a season ticket holder, but I am. How can I change this?

I think you may not have clicked on activate on your eticketing a/c. It's below the signing in bit , bottom right.

To buy online, all Charlton supporters will first need to activate their account. To do this, they should visit https://www.eticketing.co.uk/cafc/. Supporters can activate their accounts from Saturday evening but will not be able to browse or purchase match tickets or their season ticket seats until 9am on Sunday morning.

After clicking on the link above, fans should then select ‘Sign in’ in the top right-hand corner of the screen. After clicking ‘Sign in, a small dropdown menu will pop up and within this will be a link which it titled ‘Have an existing account? Activate it now’. Click this link. Supporters will then need to enter their Client Refence Number and surname. Then they should click ‘Find my account’.
    Thanks @Covered End I should have read the instructions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seeing as Covered End has been on here all day offering advice wouldn’t it have been easier if he’d manned the windows at The Valley for a few hours instead?
  • Options

The ticket system at Charlton is so shit.

Before the Blackburn game I was able to check my CON number on my login on the website.

Now, I can't anymore. What the actual fuck is wrong with the idiots that run the system.

Edit: apparently if you change some details like your phone number it then appears, seriously what is this mess?

Supporters who are having difficult buying tickets online through Ticketmaster should contact their sales team on 08444 539074.

Fans who do not know their CRN number can obtain it by contacting Ticketmaster’s supporter services team. Their opening hours are listed below.

Sunday, May 6th: 9am-3pm

Monday, May 7th: 9am-3pm

Tuesday, May 8th: 9am-5pm

Wednesday, May 9th: 9am-5pm

Thursday, May 10th: 9am-5pm

The supporter services team cannot sell tickets to supporters but can help to deal with all supporter enquiries. Fans can also contact The Valley ticket office to obtain their CRN.
    Is this legit? An organisation has a code that applies to a specific person and must therefore surely count as personal data. For the owner of that data to find out what the code is, they have to phone up a third party. Sounds dodgy to me.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Same as you mate.

Someone in authority? Is there anyone? In my opinion it’s just passing the buck.

Could have easily have opened the Box Office today and tomorrow from 9am to 5pm and done the job themselves.
  • Options

To those of you experiencing the ‘not the correct privilidges’ message - I’ve just got mine to work and it was because the ‘client reference number’ they sent me on the email is not correct! Not even close. So even though I followed the instructions to the letter presumably it thinks I’m not a ST holder as the client number (that they provided me!) is incorrect. I wasn’t at home so assumed the club would have ensured the numbers in the emails were correct, obviously not and I’m guessing this is where a lot of the issues are com8ng from.

So I’ve gone through the entire process again, but when activiating my account I’ve ignored the email, and used the number on my ST card, which eventually worked!

The club have emailed me my Client Reference Number but it is different to the one that appears on my season ticket. What should I do?

In this situation, supporters should use the Client Reference Number that appears on their season ticket when activating their account with Ticketmaster.

Some supporters may have more than one CRN number, if they have registered with Charlton’s ticket office more than once.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5aed8d4d05363/faqs-charltons-play-off-semi-final-matches
  • Options

Seeing as Covered End has been on here all day offering advice wouldn’t it have been easier if he’d manned the windows at The Valley for a few hours instead?

Covered end is on 10% commission
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

Same as you mate.

Someone in authority? Is there anyone? In my opinion it’s just passing the buck.

Could have easily have opened the Box Office today and tomorrow from 9am to 5pm and done the job themselves.
    Opinions aren't always right. The fact is the arrangements are working.

It seems we have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I think that most of us know that the club's database has an enormous amount of incorrect information and online transactions need to be treated carefully.

On that basis particularly, it is prudent for supporters to read the comprehensive instructions and FAQ's.
    If everyone had taken 10 mins to do so, then the majority of the problems people have encountered could have been avoided or overcome.

It would appear some poor souls have wasted hours for the sake of not taking 10 mins.

Sorry to be such a bore, but it's mostly so avoidable and anyone could have just phoned, they didn't even have to use IT, other than needing to access a printer.
  • Options
    I really hope we don’t make it to Wembley now. Can’t be arsed with all this booking hassle again.
  • Options

I reckon that the queue for tickets Thursday could be very long.
    Kick off delayed until 8 or 8.15 would not surprise me one bit.

Yes, if anyone can get there before 6pm, then it would be sensible to do so.
    The club have asked the community trust for 20 coaches to help out for about 6-7 hours with queues. I think it’ll be fine and the game will start on time.
  • Options

So when do they go on sale to non season ticket holders

This?