Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Provisional play off ticket plan

Comments

• Options
    anyone still having an issue with their Client number im happy to check this out for you .Please send me your name, address,bank account details,and DOB-----here to help

PS Tom from Eltham this is a joke
  • Options
    Sage said:

I reckon that the queue for tickets Thursday could be very long.
    Kick off delayed until 8 or 8.15 would not surprise me one bit.

Yes, if anyone can get there before 6pm, then it would be sensible to do so.
    The club have asked the community trust for 20 coaches to help out for about 6-7 hours with queues. I think it’ll be fine and the game will start on time.
    Doing what ? Pointing people in the right direction ?
  • Options
    Stig said:

The ticket system at Charlton is so shit.

Before the Blackburn game I was able to check my CON number on my login on the website.

Now, I can't anymore. What the actual fuck is wrong with the idiots that run the system.

Edit: apparently if you change some details like your phone number it then appears, seriously what is this mess?

Supporters who are having difficult buying tickets online through Ticketmaster should contact their sales team on 08444 539074.

Fans who do not know their CRN number can obtain it by contacting Ticketmaster’s supporter services team. Their opening hours are listed below.

Sunday, May 6th: 9am-3pm

Monday, May 7th: 9am-3pm

Tuesday, May 8th: 9am-5pm

Wednesday, May 9th: 9am-5pm

Thursday, May 10th: 9am-5pm

The supporter services team cannot sell tickets to supporters but can help to deal with all supporter enquiries. Fans can also contact The Valley ticket office to obtain their CRN.
    Is this legit? An organisation has a code that applies to a specific person and must therefore surely count as personal data. For the owner of that data to find out what the code is, they have to phone up a third party. Sounds dodgy to me.
    I'd boycott the game if I were you in protest.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

I feel the same and I only needed 2,I am not computer literate and at one stage i was going to abandon the whole thing and not go,luckily a friend came to the rescue and even printed for me as I dont have a printer,I know there is no easy way to do this due to short time scale,but surely someone could have thought of somehing better than this(I had to pay 2 transaction charges as I could not work out how to put 2 season tickets on one order)The play offs are stressful enough without all this.

Same as you mate.
    The bottom line is Roland is a cnut.
    If our club was being run like it should be we could all get our tickets in the normal way.
    But as we are being run by a cnut chaos ensues.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
    With respect the ticketing arrangements appear to be working well with tickets downloaded by many people today. Ticketmaster are geared up to selling tickets quickly. This number of sales could not have been done with the normal ticketing system.

You are entitled to your views about the ownership but somebody in authority worked out how to cope with just a few days to set up after the opponents had been determined. If we had been playing Rotherham having finished fifth more time would have been available.

BTW the downloaded ticket looks just like the normal Charlton ticket.

Someone in authority? Is there anyone? In my opinion it’s just passing the buck.

Could have easily have opened the Box Office today and tomorrow from 9am to 5pm and done the job themselves.
    Moan moan moan moan whinge moan. You haven't even got a S/T so today & tomorrow doesn't effect you.

I tell you what, boycotting matches appears to have turned many of those fans into the most miserable souls on the planet.
  • Options

So when do they go on sale to non season ticket holders

This?
    Tuesday.
  • Options
    Well done Covered End for all your advice.
    BTW - Never received an email from the club but just used Client Ref from ST
    Bought 4 tics and never asked for anyone's other info!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

I feel the same and I only needed 2,I am not computer literate and at one stage i was going to abandon the whole thing and not go,luckily a friend came to the rescue and even printed for me as I dont have a printer,I know there is no easy way to do this due to short time scale,but surely someone could have thought of somehing better than this(I had to pay 2 transaction charges as I could not work out how to put 2 season tickets on one order)The play offs are stressful enough without all this.

Same as you mate.
    If our club was being run like it should be we could all get our tickets in the normal way.

With respect the ticketing arrangements appear to be working well with tickets downloaded by many people today. Ticketmaster are geared up to selling tickets quickly. This number of sales could not have been done with the normal ticketing system.

You are entitled to your views about the ownership but somebody in authority worked out how to cope with just a few days to set up after the opponents had been determined. If we had been playing Rotherham having finished fifth more time would have been available.

Someone in authority? Is there anyone? In my opinion it’s just passing the buck.

Could have easily have opened the Box Office today and tomorrow from 9am to 5pm and done the job themselves.
    Moan moan moan moan whinge moan. You haven't even got a S/T so today & tomorrow doesn't effect you.

I tell you what, boycotting matches appears to have turned many of those fans into the most miserable souls on the planet.
    Ok, I’ll wait till Tuesday, it will affect me then. Many apologies for not having a season ticket for only the second season since 1980. What an awful fan I am.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Crusty54 said:

Same as you mate.

Ok, I’ll wait till Tuesday, it will affect me then. Many apologies for not having a season ticket for only the second season since 1980. What an awful fan I am.
    You said that, I most certainly did not and would not.
    Awful fan of course not. Miserable fan - yes.
  • Options
    The club supporter database is a shambles it has to be said, which is making this process a lot harder than it should, as there are all sorts of duplicate log in details for supporters.

I had a CON number for many years, but after buying individual tickets by logging in with my email address, then buying a half year ST in January now have a new CON number. This worked fine to buy my playoff ticket, but have no idea why my number changed as I wasn't a new customer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A bit of damned if they do, damned if they don't here. Just sortd mine in about 5 mins. Bit concerned when it said I was getting them posted to home, but then email popped up, delivered.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Just got home from Hamburg.
    Reading all this I am dreading trying to get a ticket.
    In my mind the club should cater for the whole spectrum of prospective purchasers.
    From those who want to turn up at the venue anytime before Thursday at six and pay cash, to those who have a magic microchip inserted in their forefinger, and a brain adapted to computer and IT geekery.I
    People don't all have easy access to printers, phones, smartphones, credit cards or debit cards and struggle with remembering which password or number is which and so on.
    Most fans have all the latest technology and nous but not all.
    And before the organs of the club declare we all should get with the (technological) programme, this is a club where on Friday night they couldn't display the teams for the U18 final on the screen, or announce them over the Tannoy. Maybe the technical challenges overwhelmed them when faced with the prospect of providing basic and fundamental information to paying customers at a football match at the Valley.
    Simplify the system and expect people to be the people they are, rather than expect everybody to conform or adapt to one complex method.

Ideally both personal sales at The Valley and Ticketmaster could be done in parallel. In reality it couldn't work and two systems trying to sell the same seats would have crashed.

(I was at the game on Friday and was unhappy to be given a list of names without numbers - just boxes. It seems some people got numbered sheets.)
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments re my not strong enough password,it was actually Ginger 123 after one of my dear departed cats,cant imagine too many people would use the same'.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2018
    Got a friend of mines tickets for him yesterday, he’s 82, not computer literate, or even owns one, a ST holder, gave me his ST number, D.O.B., and address, created an email address for him (to not confuse the system with my already registered email) activated his account, then purchased 2 north upper near his own seat ( he wanted to sit with his mate, but couldn’t reserve seat next to his reserved ST seat as the seat map doesn’t show that finer detail
  • Options
    How the fuck do i get tickets ? I've followed all the instructions but it keeps saying my account is already active but I dont have the correct privileges
  • Options
    Shag said:

How the fuck do i get tickets ? I've followed all the instructions but it keeps saying my account is already active but I dont have the correct privileges

Same here...........Zzzzzzz
    I'm not going but trying for others.
  • Options
    Is it possible for a season ticket holder to buy extra non season ticket holder seats at this stage?
  • Options
    razil said:

Is it possible for a season ticket holder to buy extra non season ticket holder seats at this stage?

I got 3 extra yesterday, sitting altogether, albeit not in my ST seat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

Yes
  • Options

razil said:

Yes
    Exactly so in the 2 days no one whose had trouble getting a ticket has asked a season ticket holder if they would mind getting them a ticket
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I think the advice given to me about going to the ticket agencies Stargreen or Keith Prowse near Oxford Circus might be wrong according to something I have read somewhere on CL that Ticket master does not want to deal with the physical artefact of a ticket.
    My understanding now is that the only way to buy a ticket at face value with cash money, is a window of opportunity at The Valley between 9 am and 12 midday on Thursday.
    Does anybody know if it is possible to pay cash for a face value ticket in advance any other way?
  • Options
    I’d imagine should we make Wembley then ticket master will do those as well?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I think the advice given to me about going to the ticket agencies Stargreen or Keith Prowse near Oxford Circus might be wrong according to something I have read somewhere on CL that Ticket master does not want to deal with the physical artefact of a ticket.
    My understanding now is that the only way to buy a ticket at face value with cash money, is a window of opportunity at The Valley between 9 am and 12 midday on Thursday.
    Does anybody know if it is possible to pay cash for a face value ticket in advance any other way?

Elsewhere it says Tuesday from 9.
  • Options
    Buying my ticket was simple.
    Followed the instructions with no problems.
    Well done to the club for putting a system in place, subcontracting the worlds leading ticket seller was a good idea.

As a business they should not have enough resource sitting around to service this time of one off event.
  • Options
    bbob said:

Buying my ticket was simple.
    Followed the instructions with no problems.
    Well done to the club for putting a system in place, subcontracting the worlds leading ticket seller was a good idea.

As a business they should not have enough resource sitting around to service this time of one off event.

What about a software system that can
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Anybody that was in the queue that Sunday when we last got to a play-off final might think that the Ticketmaster option is a thousand times better than going through that again...
  • Options

Anybody that was in the queue that Sunday when we last got to a play-off final might think that the Ticketmaster option is a thousand times better than going through that again...
    I’ve still got the sunburn!
  • Options

seth plum said:

Elsewhere it says Tuesday from 9.
    Brilliant!
    I am up for going to the Valley tomorrow with cash to buy a ticket.
    Do you feel sure that is possible?
    If you can point me in the direction of 'elsewhere' so I can double check I would be grateful.