Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Just interviewed Southgate, and he said he's only one of four people to have played for and managed England. Who are the others? I'm guessing Hoddle and Keegan. Who else?

Think it was about whoa has playef and managed England at world cup. Hoddle, Robson and Ramsey are the other 3 I think.
  • Options

If Mexico had someone like Aguero in their side it would be 4:0 or 5:0 now..

Think there are a few teams here who could be doing so much better if they had a World Class Striker

Mexico / Iceland are two of those
  • Options
    Potentially an excellent result for England
  • Options
    get the fuck in there well done mexico what an effort
  • Options
    Superb. Fuck off Germany!!
  • Options
    The tears are a bit much but still, great win.
  • Options
    Well done Mexico, you deserved it.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Well done Mexico. Lovely bet at 15/2.

Germans very poor. The signs were there from the friendlies.
  • Options
    Love the world cup, great game.

Looking forward to Brazil next, haven't seen anyone yet who i think will beat them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looking forward to Brazil next, haven't seen anyone yet who i think will beat them.

England
  • Options

England
    Let's see how we go against Tunisia first!

Brazil v Germany in round of 16 now a very real possibility.
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Options

England
    Let's see how we go against Tunisia first!

Brazil v Germany in round of 16 now a very real possibility.
    I know great ain't it
  • Options

I think the last time I watched a full Brazil match they were getting smashed 7-1 so I'll wait until 9pm to pass judgement on their chances!
  • Options
    It'll be just our luck to have a brilliant tournament, winning all of our group games and the round of 16 match without a problem.

And then we get Brazil or Germany guaranteed in the quarter final.
  • Options
    Looking forward to us having to score multiple own goals against Belgium to secure 2nd spot
  • Options

It'll be just our luck to have a brilliant tournament, winning all of our group games and the round of 16 match without a problem.

If you are going to be deserved world champions you should beat anyone.

Hopefully we'll be relaxed and play for fun....forgo the usual psychological demons that seem to disable us at every tournament in the last 20 years
  • Options

Don't think there would be too many easy games whoever we played in the quarters, 'IF' we get that far.
  • Options
    Fair points, you don't get to the quarter final if you don't deserve it to an extent. If we did get that far though, I know I'd rather play Mexico/Serbia/Switzerland over Brazil/Germany.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thing is you ain't going to get far in a world cup unless you beat a team like Germany Spain or Brazil - there is always going to be someone we would rather have avoided. We have the pace up front that would trouble Germany or Spain as much as Mexico did today, and we have a lethal finisher on top of that as well. My worry is the England defence always seems to has a major mistake in them as well.
  • Options
    Germany in big trouble now. I know this is based on assumptions but assuming Sweden and Mexico both beat South Korea a draw for Sweden against Germany would mean a draw between Mexico and Sweden in the final game knocks Germany out.
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

Germany in big trouble now. I know this is based on assumptions but assuming Sweden and Mexico both beat South Korea a draw for Sweden against Germany would mean a draw between Mexico and Sweden in the final game knocks Germany out.

South Korea will be no pushovers
  • Options
    Well, for 24 hours anyway
  • Options
    Wright and Keane on the same panel - when an immovable force meets an unstoppable object!
  • Options
    1998 winners = France = out at the group stage 2002

2006 winners = Italy = out at the group stage 2010

2010 winners = Spain = out at the group stage 2014

2014 winners = Germany = ???
  • Options
    Roy Keane - biggest c*nt of the universe that can't get over himself.

Ian Wright - down to earth legend