Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• A thoroughly enjoyable game although Phil Neville was starting to drive me nuts with his constant inane drivel, especially in the tense final part of the game with Germany on the front foot.

His media coach needs to advise him that, as a co-commentator, his job description doesn’t require him to fill any few seconds of silence by telling us what we can see for ourselves or otherwise stating the bleedin’ obvious. Listening to Dowie on Friday afternoon’s low quality Ian v Morocco game was an unedifying experience but Neville almost made him look ok by comparison.

Heading off down the pub in a minute for Brazil v Switzerland - hoping that Sepp’s boys get a good seeing to.
  • Very ponderous German performance, they’ll have to play much better to reach the later stages.

I’m sure they will improve though
  • Not sure about Neymar's haircut!
  • Question; I'm in a household where we are trying to put the little shits to be before the Brazil game. Its loud can't hear the TV.

Keane and GNev have history, are they taking digs at each other ?
  • Not sure about Neymar's haircut!

Ronaldo had a dodgy Barnet in 2002 and that worked out ok!
  • England Tunisia have been given a Colombian referee.
  • I'd love to see the Swiss win this.
  • Not sure how Switzerland have blagged their way to 6th in the world
  • Superb. Fuck off Germany!!

Not the first time they’ve turned up in Russia unprepared.
    Don’t mention the war....
  • Sponsored links:

• Coutinho......Tekkers.

It's probably quite a false ranking as many often are, (Peru 11th, Tunisia 21st are good examples) but they've only had 1 defeat in 2 years
  • Great goal
  • Brazil looking a little bit good!

Switzerland are clever, know exactly what friendlys to play to get the most points
  • I'm on Brazil 4-0 so looking promising with this start.
  • Theses commentators and pundits on both channels are beginning to grate. Especially Patrice Evra
  • An utterly irrational rant now...
    Every World Cup year, Brazil irritate me.
    Whether it’s because everyone on telly goes on and on about how brilliant they are.
    Or how the commentators always manage to crowbar the words “samba” and “capoeira” into their inane bollocks.
    Or the way loads of people seem to “support” them (sometimes accompanied by the utterly defeatist “once England are knocked out”), apparently, just because of 19 fucking 70.
    Or the utter arrogance of Neymar, showboating at every opportunity.
    Or whatever.
    Every year I cheer on anyone who plays them. It’s irrational, I know, but they are the country that really grinds my gears. Apologies to any Brazilians- I’m sure you’re lovely.
    That result against Germany in 2014 AT HOME was one of my all time favourite World Cup moments.

Exact same. They’re like the national version of Barcelona.

Tyldesley makes them even more insufferable
  • Sponsored links:

• Just had a look at Switzerland's last 45 games, they have played exactly 6 games against top 10 ranked teams one draw and 5 (heavy) defeats in them. What a farce the ranking system is.
  • An utterly irrational rant now...
    Every World Cup year, Brazil irritate me.
    Whether it’s because everyone on telly goes on and on about how brilliant they are.
    Or how the commentators always manage to crowbar the words “samba” and “capoeira” into their inane bollocks.
    Or the way loads of people seem to “support” them (sometimes accompanied by the utterly defeatist “once England are knocked out”), apparently, just because of 19 fucking 70.
    Or the utter arrogance of Neymar, showboating at every opportunity.
    Or whatever.
    Every year I cheer on anyone who plays them. It’s irrational, I know, but they are the country that really grinds my gears. Apologies to any Brazilians- I’m sure you’re lovely.
    That result against Germany in 2014 AT HOME was one of my all time favourite World Cup moments.

Well I for one am glad the tournament has finally started tonight.
  • If Coutinho was Brazilian they would be raving about that goal.
  • Now that is one jazzy shirt Ian
  • Here we go. Brazil looking shaky at the back first five here.
  • Game on.
  • Think Switzerland have been pretty impressive