Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• se9addick said:

Think Switzerland have been pretty impressive

Certainly grown into the game. Neymar needs to start living up to his billing.
  • Aye Carumba!
  • Playing in the French league I think Neymar has forgotten solid defenders exist
  • Neymar has been awful
  • Neymar has been awful

Hes never lived up to the hype that was suggested he would.
  • Brazil need to get Douglas costa and Firmino on, they've lost their way a bit here
  • Laddick01 said:

Playing in the French league I think Neymar has forgotten solid defenders exist

I mean it's not like he was playing against top class defenders every week in Spain.
  • Sponsored links:

• An utterly irrational rant now...
    Every World Cup year, Brazil irritate me.
    Whether it’s because everyone on telly goes on and on about how brilliant they are.
    Or how the commentators always manage to crowbar the words “samba” and “capoeira” into their inane bollocks.
    Or the way loads of people seem to “support” them (sometimes accompanied by the utterly defeatist “once England are knocked out”), apparently, just because of 19 fucking 70.
    Or the utter arrogance of Neymar, showboating at every opportunity.
    Or whatever.
    Every year I cheer on anyone who plays them. It’s irrational, I know, but they are the country that really grinds my gears. Apologies to any Brazilians- I’m sure you’re lovely.
    That result against Germany in 2014 AT HOME was one of my all time favourite World Cup moments.

Exact same. They’re like the national version of Barcelona.

Tyldesley makes them even more insufferable
    Tyldsely could make most placid men vehemently despise Kidderminster Harriers such is his drooling sycophancy.
  • Amazing recovery from Lichsteiner after taking a light tap to the face.
  • Watched the Germany Mexico match with a group of Germans here in Norway.
    They were suicidal at the end.
  • Come out of this game disliking the Swiss more than the Brazilians... the time wasting is dreadful.
  • worth remembering he hasn't had a full 90 minutes since his injury - he doesn't look fully fit to me.

And playing out wide. I think he's worked hard tonight.
  • 4 days into the tournament and none of the big sides have looked that good. Spain looked decent but even they conceded 3. France, Argentina, Germany and Brazil have all looked pretty average.
  • Best team in the tournament so far have been Mexico.
  • 4 days into the tournament and none of the big sides have looked that good. Spain looked decent but even they conceded 3. France, Argentina, Germany and Brazil have all looked pretty average.

Enter England
  • LenGlover said:

Miranda's defending's got better since she ditched the glasses...

She should have left them on for that shot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Deserved point for the Swiss, Brazil unimpressive 2nd half.
  • Hmmm were Brazil bad or Switzerland good?

Bit of both. Worked bloody hard for their Toblerones tonight and Brazil just not on their game around the box...

South American flagrancy v European steadfastness.

• "TBF I don't care!" Brilliant...
  • Incredible really that both Germany and Brazil messed up. One or the other maybe but both!
  • If Mexico had someone like Aguero in their side it would be 4:0 or 5:0 now..

Think there are a few teams here who could be doing so much better if they had a World Class Striker

Mexico / Iceland are two of those
    Peru are another one
  • Normally for a world cup I reckon it's between Brazil, Germany, France, Spain and Italy. Seeing as Italy aren't even in it, I'm thinking Spain based on what I've seen so far, but none are looking invincible.
  • LenGlover said:

Incredible really that both Germany and Brazil messed up. One or the other maybe but both!

Imagine Mexico and Switzerland top the groups and still have to face Germany and Brazil in the 2nd round
  • LenGlover said:

Miranda's defending's got better since she ditched the glasses...

They made Shrewsbury look like they were rushing