Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"The Wheels of Justice."

Comments

• Options

Meanwhile, the perpetrators got a nice lengthy sentence of three and a half years.

But, you know, Tommy Robinson...grrrrrr *shakes fist in an angry manner*.
    Feeling anger about the two things isn't mutually exclusive. Your failure to acknowledge that he jepodized the trial says it all.
    I haven't commented on that as I don't disagree. What's your next failed tarnishing move going to be?

Your failure both includes, and extends beyond, snide, unfounded comments in the pursuit of sounding overly progressive and liberal.
    That doesn't make sense, how can I be wrong about you failure to acknowledge it yet you have not commented on it?

Oh no! The Millwall fan thinks I am progressive and liberal, better go re-think my life!
  • Options
    There's so many different topics in this thread, I think some people are getting confused with who thinks what tbh
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Meanwhile, the perpetrators got a nice lengthy sentence of three and a half years.

Feeling anger about the two things isn't mutually exclusive. Your failure to acknowledge that he jepodized the trial says it all.
    I haven't commented on that as I don't disagree. What's your next failed tarnishing move going to be?

Your failure both includes, and extends beyond, snide, unfounded comments in the pursuit of sounding overly progressive and liberal.
    That doesn't make sense, how can I be wrong about you failure to acknowledge it yet you have not commented on it?

Oh no! The Millwall fan thinks I am progressive and liberal, better go re-think my life!
    So if I don't I comment on something it automatically equates to me failing to acknowledge it? That's some proper f*cked up logic you're working there, buddy.

Lastly, no. Nothing wrong with being either. The key word was 'overly'. Your failure to acknowledge that says it all.
  • Options
    talking of justice - i see crimewatch has been scrapped - i think we all know why the bbc scrapped that one.
  • Options

1. There are reporting restrictions on the trial(s) concerned, which media organisations have to abide by.

2. Without the reporting restrictions there is a very real possibility that the trials could be prejudiced, and the accused could walk free. There are a series of trials, and all could be jeopardised.

3. This isn't a conspiracy, it's happened in other trials not related to the Pakistani or other Asian communities.

There is a very real possibility that Mr Robinson's aim is to bring about the collapse of the trials, which would draw worldwide press attention, making it look like there's been a cover up by the government and/or the establishment - and also raising his profile. An invitation to the White House, interviews in the international right wing press for example. And yes, you could imagine demos and/or riots if the trials collapsed. Robinson isn't stupid, and he has an agenda. Don't fall for it.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

1. There are reporting restrictions on the trial(s) concerned, which media organisations have to abide by.

2. Without the reporting restrictions there is a very real possibility that the trials could be prejudiced, and the accused could walk free. There are a series of trials, and all could be jeopardised.

3. This isn't a conspiracy, it's happened in other trials not related to the Pakistani or other Asian communities.

There is a very real possibility that Mr Robinson's aim is to bring about the collapse of the trials, which would draw worldwide press attention, making it look like there's been a cover up by the government and/or the establishment - and also raising his profile. An invitation to the White House, interviews in the international right wing press for example. And yes, you could imagine demos and/or riots if the trials collapsed. Robinson isn't stupid, and he has an agenda. Don't fall for it.
    Thanks, James. I read that on page 13 as well :wink:
  • Options

talking of justice - i see crimewatch has been scrapped - i think we all know why the bbc scrapped that one.

There's a daily show at 11am isn't there? They've just got rid of the weekly evening thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Is that not a snide comment about people being angry about this guy risking the prosecution of two different trials?

As to your clap-trap about a pursuit of sounding overly whatever term you want to label me, I just disagree with you.
  • Options
    WSS said:

There's a daily show at 11am isn't there? They've just got rid of the weekly evening thing.
    There will be 2 series of “the crimewatch road show” where they will travel around and meet police forces etc.
  • Options

Is that not a snide comment about people being angry about this guy risking the prosecution of two different trials?
    Nope, but thanks for seeking clarity so that you can understand the actual context before making wild assumptions. Oh.

The comment was made not to be snide towards the aspects and comments around his conviction (he broke the law, he got punished), but the comments that seek to completely ignore his backstory that have led him to this point. Also, the comparable sentences handed down (that's more to do with the sh*t way in which British Law virtually pardons those that seek out sex with children) that wont get any coverage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nope, but thanks for seeking clarity so that you can understand the actual context before making wild assumptions. Oh.

The comment was made not to be snide towards the aspects and comments around his conviction (he broke the law, he got punished), but the comments that seek to completely ignore his backstory that have led him to this point. Also, the comparable sentences handed down (that's more to do with the sh*t way in which British Law virtually pardons those that seek out sex with children) that wont get any coverage.
    Typical tactic try to claim some universal truth as your own. Everyone thinks grooming should have a much greater sentence.

That has nothing to do with the sentence for risking a crown prosecution, which should also be harsh.
  • Options

Typical tactic try to claim some universal truth as your own. Everyone thinks grooming should have a much greater sentence.

That has nothing to do with the sentence for risking a crown prosecution, which should also be harsh.
    Sorry, mind, you know me best.
  • Options
    I see there was a slight protest about this at the weekend, whilst i don't condone violence on the police force - i don't know the full story, but v little mention of it in the public domain.
  • Options

I see there was a slight protest about this at the weekend, whilst i don't condone violence on the police force - i don't know the full story, but v little mention of it in the public domain.

Interesting that it wasn't mentioned in the public domain!

Lots of videos of things being thrown at the police who were running away.

What is wrong with people? He pleaded guilty!
  • Options
    WSS said:

I couldn’t help but chuckle at the irony of individuals “defending” those battering the police on social. Many saying “don’t let the actions of a minority taint the majority...”

I noticed a lot of that as well. Also slightly worryingly I saw a number of Charlton fans on twitter spouting a number of racist idiotic nonsense at anyone who criticised the actions of those idiots.
  • Options
    Not read this thread for a while, as it was just going around in circles. Talking to friends of mine who work in Manchester Crown Court, they assure me that there is no reporting restriction on any trial (other than protecting the names of victims) once all related trials are done and dusted, and there is no telling the newspapers what they can and cannot report. To claim otherwise is a bare faced lie.
  • Options

i agree with this, although sometimes the police give as good as they get ( Shrewsbury away - many on here if not all were calling them out on it ), on Saturday didn't look like they done much there - i wasn't in attendance.

it quite easily happens a march is walking one way the police have to stop it, people are pissed up start pushing and shoving and it escalates, the fla successfully arranged 2 marches in London and i don't believe there was a single arrest - if im in the wrong please let me know.

whilst i love all the England flags etc i wish they would leave teams out of it.

the brushing it under the carpet is a v silly move and jailing Tommy Robinson has been a bit of an own goal, and if anything just recruited a ton more right wing followers, all they have done is take the eyes off of deranged dirty cnuts and made it all about tr, i don't agree with ALL of what he says but some of it i do, if that makes me sub-human/racist/neanderthol/belong down millwall then so be it - i think ill sleep easy tonight.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    colthe3rd said:

WSS said:

I couldn’t help but chuckle at the irony of individuals “defending” those battering the police on social. Many saying “don’t let the actions of a minority taint the majority...”

I noticed a lot of that as well. Also slightly worryingly I saw a number of Charlton fans on twitter spouting a number of racist idiotic nonsense at anyone who criticised the actions of those idiots.
    why is it worrying we are not holier than thou were a football club that has followers of all different views, just like i think we have quite a few dickhead supporters that are v left wing, i dont worry about it just a clash of opinions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The police didn't help matters by announcing to those travelling through London Bridge, to the protest, that the protest had been called off. That was, in fact, a lie that was designed to keep numbers down and to disrupt the protest.

That doesn't, in any way, justify the actions one iota, but may go some way to having inflamed an already volatile situation.

Sometimes the police don't help themselves.

That said, I saw over social media some absolute numpties sharing a picture of a crowd in a city centre that claimed it was 'London out in force in support of Tommy....share to get the message out there'. The picture, upon closer scrutiny, was in fact the Liverpool Champions League bus parade from 2005?! (you could just make out the open top bus with 'Liverpool' emblazoned across the side of it). :disappointed:
  • Options
    My favourite photo was where the demonstration ended up on the same road as a naked bicycle race
  • Options

i agree with this, although sometimes the police give as good as they get ( Shrewsbury away - many on here if not all were calling them out on it ), on Saturday didn't look like they done much there - i wasn't in attendance.

it quite easily happens a march is walking one way the police have to stop it, people are pissed up start pushing and shoving and it escalates, the fla successfully arranged 2 marches in London and i don't believe there was a single arrest - if im in the wrong please let me know.

whilst i love all the England flags etc i wish they would leave teams out of it.

the brushing it under the carpet is a v silly move and jailing Tommy Robinson has been a bit of an own goal, and if anything just recruited a ton more right wing followers, all they have done is take the eyes off of deranged dirty cnuts and made it all about tr, i don't agree with ALL of what he says but some of it i do, if that makes me sub-human/racist/neanderthol/belong down millwall then so be it - i think ill sleep easy tonight.
    This was the intention all along. TR deliberately broke the court order and pleaded guilty to ensure that very outcome. He has cynically played the system, and the system had no choice, but to lock him up, because he gave them no choice.

He'll play the martyr, claiming the government are trying to silence him, and his moronic followers will lap it up.
    has got 13 months jail term though?
  • Options
    Not working. What happened? Unprovoked police attack?
  • Options
    that's just 1 of a group though - doesnt mean there all like it - does it?

for the record the guy is a complete wanker - as is anyone that does nazi salutes, in fairness ( although not proved he is doing it in relatiliation to the morons shouting nazi scum ) though the anti facism crowds or whoever they are need a slap, they turn up everywhere and antagonise usually with names such as taquin and wear battered dm boots with flowers on them and call anyone that identifies themselves as english as a "nazi" which is fucking disgraceful as i lost members of my family - so that they could have there "free speech"

just as when you get a islamic terrorist - its a 1 off they are not all like it.

however when millwall get to wembley - and a few 100 get on the pitch there fans should be banned from any sporting events - even though just a minority.

cant have it both ways i'm afraid.
  • Options

This was the intention all along. TR deliberately broke the court order and pleaded guilty to ensure that very outcome. He has cynically played the system, and the system had no choice, but to lock him up, because he gave them no choice.

He'll play the martyr, claiming the government are trying to silence him, and his moronic followers will lap it up.
    Yes, I'm sure he'll feel the 13 months is a worthwhile sacrifice to further the cause. And if he's really cynical and doesn't really believe in the cause, he'll still spin it as leftie liberals trying to silence him and make a fortune a talking head on Fox News et al.

The notion that somebody can wilfully break the law, plead guilty to doing so and then a march can somehow reverse that goes against everything this country should stand for. Maybe TR would feel more comfortable in a country where the rule of law doesn't exist and the baying mob hold sway.
    as you can see the future can you let me know how we get on next season, want to know before i book a holiday and don't want to be away for the playoffs/cup lifting game?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Yes, I'm sure he'll feel the 13 months is a worthwhile sacrifice to further the cause. And if he's really cynical and doesn't really believe in the cause, he'll still spin it as leftie liberals trying to silence him and make a fortune a talking head on Fox News et al.

The notion that somebody can wilfully break the law, plead guilty to doing so and then a march can somehow reverse that goes against everything this country should stand for. Maybe TR would feel more comfortable in a country where the rule of law doesn't exist and the baying mob hold sway.
    as you can see the future can you let me know how we get on next season, want to know before i book a holiday and don't want to be away for the playoffs/cup lifting game?
    Where have I said I can see the future? He has deliberately got himself thrown in jail. He's either stupid or planning to use that to his advantage. All I've done is outline the most probable ways he can gain an advantage from it. Hardly Nostradamus now is it?
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

WSS said:

why is it worrying we are not holier than thou were a football club that has followers of all different views, just like i think we have quite a few dickhead supporters that are v left wing, i dont worry about it just a clash of opinions.
    You don't think it's worrying that a Charlton supporter tweeting disgusting racist opinions? If you weren't a Charlton fan and you see a number on there posting vile things with the club crest or Twitter handles featuring Addicks or CAFC would you not think it reflects poorly on our fanbase? I'm not for one second saying that there is a problem with our fans but the perception to outsiders might be completely different.

I guess I was just shocked to see that many that held those sort of views support our club especially given the tremendous work the club has done in the past towards the kick it out campaign, Red White and Black day etc.