Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"The Wheels of Justice."

Comments

• Options
    Did he pick the name Tommy Robinson as it was the 'hardest' one he could think of? Always makes me think of a character from Neighbours.
  • Options
    Not sure Charlton Madrid
  • Options

I thought he was definitely going to be murdered in prison, because they had put him in a jail where there were hundreds of mad muslims waiting to kill him?

Well that's what half the memes I saw from knuckle draggers on Facebook said...

You seem to be friends with a lot of knuckle draggers.
  • Options

Did he pick the name Tommy Robinson as it was the 'hardest' one he could think of? Always makes me think of a character from Neighbours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHG2LJGfEdw
  • Options

Surely he'd have chosen something like Tommaso Provenzano then? Oh no, hang on.
  • Options

I thought he was definitely going to be murdered in prison, because they had put him in a jail where there were hundreds of mad muslims waiting to kill him?

Well that's what half the memes I saw from knuckle draggers on Facebook said...

You seem to be friends with a lot of knuckle draggers.
    lol one's moi
  • Options
    Carter said:

Yes he probably has got a half decent solicitor because he's got so much support.

I couldn't give a shit why he doesn't use his own name, maybe, possibly when he started all this he wanted to distance his family with the same surname. The world was a bit smaller then in terms of social media.

As far as keeping harking back to him being leader of the edl 5 years ago, Nelson Mandela used to be in the ANC. People are allowed to change.

the bbc article labelled him as far right activist - which made me chuckle - from what i see his application of camps in luton got turned down, all they have done is bring his thoughts and opinions to more people - just as an example my bosses wife is Venezuelan and she has now read all about him and supports his opinions, unlikely she would of ever read about him had he not been jailed and splashed across every paper. the country is in an awful state - see the nurse killed because of some cnut carrying acid - hate breeds a lot easier in an angry nation.

for what its worth i dont agree with everything he says but a lot of it i do - would i attend a free tommy march/edl march probably not - does attract a lot of unsavory types.
  • Options

Carter said:

Yes he probably has got a half decent solicitor because he's got so much support.

I couldn't give a shit why he doesn't use his own name, maybe, possibly when he started all this he wanted to distance his family with the same surname. The world was a bit smaller then in terms of social media.

As far as keeping harking back to him being leader of the edl 5 years ago, Nelson Mandela used to be in the ANC. People are allowed to change.

the bbc article labelled him as far right activist - which made me chuckle - from what i see his application of camps in luton got turned down, all they have done is bring his thoughts and opinions to more people - just as an example my bosses wife is Venezuelan and she has now read all about him and supports his opinions, unlikely she would of ever read about him had he not been jailed and splashed across every paper. the country is in an awful state - see the nurse killed because of some cnut carrying acid - hate breeds a lot easier in an angry nation.

for what its worth i dont agree with everything he says but a lot of it i do - would i attend a free tommy march/edl march probably not - does attract a lot of unsavory types.
    I'd be straight there mate

; )
  • Options

Carter said:

I'd be straight there mate

; )
    another reason not to be in attendance :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Carter said:

Same thing used to happen with the British Movement, BNP, National Front marches. They got a lot of unfair bad press - the media kept concentrating on the violent racist thugs that attended.

Hopefully his views will spread and we will be able to reclaim our country! In the words of Tommy 'I love everyone !'.

• Options
    edited August 2018

Carter said:

Same thing used to happen with the British Movement, BNP, National Front marches. They got a lot of unfair bad press - the media kept concentrating on the violent racist thugs that attended.

Hopefully his views will spread and we will be able to reclaim our country! In the words of Tommy 'I love everyone !'.

that would be doing the same as anyone that likes jeremy being called a loony lefties which of course you wouldn't be offended with would you?.

the bnp and tommy robinson - are quite different one bases itself on the aryan idea of britain and all immigrants are a bad thing, tommy robinson wants to stop the islamification of england which in some parts of the uk are happening, try going to luton and buying a property and see how long you can be there before the local community put shit through your letterbox etc.

edit; on the above i am talking about tommy robinson as a man not as the people that attend his marches, as quite clearly that is a very different thing.

for what it is worth i dont think any religous buildings should be given government funding and there should not be rules for seperate religions, the burkha should be banned if we cant all do the same thing how are we all meant to get on?, some of these people insist on putting barriers up because they do not want integration, and a lot of the so called experts do not live in these areas where you can be some times hard pushed to even find the english language spoken.
  • Options
    Apart from CofE/Church of Scotland do any religious buildings get government funding? Obviously religious groups get given school buildings all the time, but their main use is education.
    I'd have thought it would be a pretty low priority to be funding churches, mosques, synagogues and temples. Does it really happen or is this just another urban myth?
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Apart from CofE/Church of Scotland do any religious buildings get government funding? Obviously religious groups get given school buildings all the time, but their main use is education.
    I'd have thought it would be a pretty low priority to be funding churches, mosques, synagogues and temples. Does it really happen or is this just another urban myth?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/places-of-worship-security-funding-scheme

apply for funding there covered by the government hate crime action plan
  • Options

Carter said:

that would be doing the same as anyone that likes jeremy being called a loony lefties which of course you wouldn't be offended with would you?.

the bnp and tommy robinson - are quite different one bases itself on the aryan idea of britain and all immigrants are a bad thing, tommy robinson wants to stop the islamification of england which in some parts of the uk are happening, try going to luton and buying a property and see how long you can be there before the local community put shit through your letterbox etc.

edit; on the above i am talking about tommy robinson as a man not as the people that attend his marches, as quite clearly that is a very different thing.

for what it is worth i dont think any religous buildings should be given government funding and there should not be rules for seperate religions, the burkha should be banned if we cant all do the same thing how are we all meant to get on?, some of these people insist on putting barriers up because they do not want integration, and a lot of the so called experts do not live in these areas where you can be some times hard pushed to even find the english language spoken.
    Stephen Yaxley has been convicted twice of contempt of court which could have wrecked the trial in both cases. To what end he is doing this I don't know or maybe he thinks he is above the law? There will be a retrial in the case of the second conviction as it appears the Judge did not follow legal process correctly.

Yaxley is bankrolled by the far right - he's a willing mouthpiece. A lot of his support is openly racist and anti-muslim - there doesn't appear to be much desire for dialogue.

There is an unsavoury history of racism in far right politics and targeting immigrants/minorities is a common thread. Trump has done the same thing in the US with his demonizing of Mexicans.

There are white and Muslims who don't want integration - right wing racists and Muslim extremists both show little desire to listen.

As for Stephen I just think he's attention seeking - not really sure what he's doing that is constructive.

You go on about the Islamification of Britain and then make reference to putting shit through a letterbox - is this specifically a Muslim thing?

• Options
    " Trump has done the same thing in the US with his demonizing of Mexicans. "

Utter bollocks.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Carter said:

Stephen Yaxley has been convicted twice of contempt of court which could have wrecked the trial in both cases. To what end he is doing this I don't know or maybe he thinks he is above the law? There will be a retrial in the case of the second conviction as it appears the Judge did not follow legal process correctly.

Yaxley is bankrolled by the far right - he's a willing mouthpiece. A lot of his support is openly racist and anti-muslim - there doesn't appear to be much desire for dialogue.

There is an unsavoury history of racism in far right politics and targeting immigrants/minorities is a common thread. Trump has done the same thing in the US with his demonizing of Mexicans.

There are white and Muslims who don't want integration - right wing racists and Muslim extremists both show little desire to listen.

As for Stephen I just think he's attention seeking - not really sure what he's doing that is constructive.

You go on about the Islamification of Britain and then make reference to putting shit through a letterbox - is this specifically a Muslim thing?

Nope just a guy who I work with who lived in Bedford who had to ask the local iman to ask the bad behaviour to stop he has since moved.

Reggie Yates has a very good series on Netflix where he asked over 300 mosques and 7th day Adventist churches to comment on gay rights in England and they all refused or refused to say anything on camera. The point I am making is religion stands in the way of a lot of progress
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    rananegra said:

Charities innit?

Loads of tax breaks - probably worth more than a few pounds worth of grant funding for security cameras.

Also no VAT on new buildings but VAT on refurbishment. Not many Churches being built at the moment, but loads being refurbished. Quite a few new Mosques, Temples and Gurdwara popping up though.

Can't blame them for taking advantage of that tax position to be honest. It's the law that stupid not the religions.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Whether it's C of E or Islam I really don't think you should blame the religion itself. I know that these religions are structured in order to give especial power to certain individuals (clerics, men etc), but one should really hope that this power isn't abused (so as to fundamentally destroy the moral codes underpinning the Word!) while the religion strives to reform (a process that takes centuries)

Agreed. You only need to look at how western society has reformed over the last 150 years to see that. All underpinned by Christianity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

Whether it's C of E or Islam I really don't think you should blame the religion itself. I know that these religions are structured in order to give especial power to certain individuals (clerics, men etc), but one should really hope that this power isn't abused (so as to fundamentally destroy the moral codes underpinning the Word!) while the religion strives to reform (a process that takes centuries)

Agreed. You only need to look at how western society has reformed over the last 150 years to see that. All underpinned by Christianity.
    All underpinned by Science is nearer to the truth in my view.
  • Options
    https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/08/01/the-tommy-robinson-judgment-what-does-it-all-mean/

This is quite a good read explains the case from a legal perspective.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Utter bollocks.

Oh I must have misheard him praising the Mexican population? How racist does your President need to be?

Not a problem for you obviously - presumably you encourage it.
  • Options

limeygent said:

Utter bollocks.

Oh I must have misheard him praising the Mexican population? How racist does your President need to be?

No more racist than the previous (black) President, with regards to Mexico
  • Options

limeygent said:

Utter bollocks.

No more racist than the previous (black) President, with regards to Mexico
    It must have been the (black) President who made the speech calling Mexicans rapists etc - I must be confused. Trump's not a racist.
  • Options
    Must must must
  • Options

Whatever you think of him, his name, his current or past associates or his ideologies, the undeniable truth is that he has helped in exposing some uncomfortable truths about the practices of some extreme minorities in this country and make no mistake about it, the authorities do not like that one bit and are very keen to silence him, esp in the age of social media where his message can stretch far and wide.

There was no doubt in my mind that was the case and it had been proved today.

For those that don’t like him, I’m sure they were happy for our normal practices/laws to be ignored but the hypocrisy of that is there for all to see.

The authorities have always been keen to silence far right voices more than any other . They don’t realise this does more harm than good and frankly stinks at times.

Before anyone says about the contempt of court, if he is guilty of that fine, but I think we all know the support of Tommy from those who do (inc myself) is about far more than that issue. It’s about supporting his fight and right to tell the people in this Country what is really happening at times in some places. If people want to listen or not is up to them but that voice should not be silenced.

Nobody is silencing Stephen - suits him to play the victim. I'm not really sure what he has to say that is constructive? I have listened to him on the radio in the past and I didn't hear him offering that much in the way of solutions.

I'm not really sure what he wants? He has a lot of far right backing from the US - does he want to put forward their ideology or stay on a single issue.

Most of the press in this country is right of centre and Stephen's actions seem to be widely reported. Nobody has banned him from speaking as far as I'm aware and I'm not aware that he's been censored.

• Options
    Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

All underpinned by Science is nearer to the truth in my view.
    I agree. Science led, Christianity, dragging it's heels, followed.
  • Options

limeygent said:

Utter bollocks.

More bollocks.
  • Options

limeygent said:

Utter bollocks.

We must've missed it when the rabid left wing exposed the practices of certain religious ideologues that have a penchant for sex with little girls. How vile do some have to be?

Not a problem for you, obviously - presumably you encourage it.

See what I did there? As justifiable as your comment, and probably just as stupid.