Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football to Amsterdam - Team Addicks

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy Seed

@JamesMSeed
    11h11 hours ago
    More
    Great to have been part of TeamCharlton for the #RideToAmsterdam. Former #cafc players, together with current staff and fans, made up the biggest league club presence on the ride. Total raised so far (all clubs) is £460,000!
  • Options
    Garry Nelson

@Nelse61
    8h8 hours ago
    More
    Well done everyone - almost used up as much energy dancing and singing in the bars last night as you did on the ride. Pleasure being with you #CAFC #TeamAddicks
  • Options
    Kim Dixson

@kim_d4
    11h11 hours ago
    More
    What a weekend with team Addicks for @ProstateUK amazing organised event, for a great cause, with great people
  • Options
    Jason Morgan MBE

@JasonMorgan1
    11h11 hours ago
    More Jason Morgan MBE Retweeted Charlton Athletic FC
    Thanks to everyone who donated to help team Charlton reach this amount and support @ProstateUK
  • Options
    Johnnie Jackson

Verified account

@johnnie_jackson
    Jun 2
    More
    Replying to @CAFCofficial @JasonMorgan1 and 9 others
    Well done everyone,great effort
  • Options
    Comment on video was “Well done but a bit slow” Team Addicks you will have to pull your socks up next year! A very well done on completing the distance.
  • Options
    Well done to all participants - magnificent effort.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    eBay sale of Charlton Athletic cycling kit - proceeds to be donated to the ProstateCancerUK fundraiser:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/223004648850
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Next year @olster ?!?!
  • Options
    PS.....heard a rumour that a couple of the lads are going round on a red sofa next year.....with JJ pushing..!!:-)
  • Options
    @Nick_White58 It was a privilege to meet you. You signed up to this ride coming from abroad and not knowing anyone. You made us all laugh with your banter and we all just had so much fun as a team. So glad your doing it again next year.
  • Options
    Well done to everyone and I promise to give it serious consideration next year @tracey - looks like a great laugh and a great cause
  • Options
    Its a great route London to Amsterdam on 2 wheels. When I rode it in 2013, we cycled on into Belgium to Brussels, 3.5 days in total. Its an absolutely joy to cycle out there, shame it can't be like that back home in England.
  • Options

I took part in the ‘Football to Amsterdam’ charity challenge too. What a great event and experience, everything and much more than I had expected when I signed up. It had everything, personal challenge, a great cause, brilliant team spirit, incredibly good organization, fantastic camaraderie, and strong respect and a sense of ‘family’ amongst the 400 riders with a wide spectrum of ages and abilities representing over fifty different teams all united by a common cause. And then, a massive sense of achievement in completing the course followed by a great night out in Amsterdam.

There was end to end fun and banter, laughter, high spirits and good humour throughout with all team rivalries set aside for the duration, and all energies focused on getting everyone to Amsterdam and helping each other out where necessary. And for me, riding with ‘Team Addicks’ in club colours and representing the team I’ve supported all my life, was the icing on cake on an epic and never to be forgotten weekend. I will be back again next year and would recommend it to anyone who is up for a personal challenge and a brilliant weekend with an amazing bunch of like-minded people supporting a great cause.

Pleasure to meet you Nick!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you James ....and you, was a pleasure riding along and chatting with you.
  • Options
    Be very concerned, I now have a bike!!
    Where is @3blokes?
    3 half marathons mate, how do you fancy a push bike ride to Amsterdam, we can keep each other company in the ambulance!! ;)image
  • Options

Thank you James ....and you, was a pleasure riding along and chatting with you.

Did I mention I'm Jimmy Seed's grandson btw? ;-)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Where is @3blokes?
    3 half marathons mate, how do you fancy a push bike ride to Amsterdam, we can keep each other company in the ambulance!! ;)image

That’s it, I’m off to Alaska :wink:
  • Options
    3blokes said:

T_C_E said:

Where is @3blokes?

That’s it, I’m off to Alaska :wink:
    We can get our sorry arses through this, you know you want too. ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Where is @3blokes?

No basket?
  • Options
    Having done this last year, I can't recommend it enough. Even if you are not used to cycling that distance, the sheer goodwill and support from others will carry you through it.
    Add to that the opportunity to cycle with and chat to some of the Charlton legends who will be taking part, topped off by a great night out in Amsterdam, and you are guaranteed a weekend you will never forget, unless of course you are the Addick who got a bit carried away in 'Dam, lost several hours, then slept through his alarm and missed the coach back to Brussels! I think he had to cough up over 300 Euros for a taxi! Not sure if he is a Lifer but if so, you are a legend of a different type!!
  • Options
    Really wanted to do this but sadly the amount of sponsorship required to take part is far beyond my remit. So is self financing the event, so if anyone wants to buy a bike. :(
  • Options
    Signed up already. Was a great event last year.