Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football to Amsterdam - Team Addicks

Comments

• Options
    Is anyone travelling up from Sheppey/Kent area to this, I really want to get involved but I've been told not to drive until next month. I've looked at the trains and it's 3 changes and rail replacement as well :(
  • Options
    When is it again? I am in Marlow Friday night but if it’s later Saturday afternoon may be able to get to Bromley.
  • Options

When is it again? I am in Marlow Friday night but if it’s later Saturday afternoon may be able to get to Bromley.

All day Saturday so plenty of time.
  • Options
    A great day with Team Charlton at the Glades fundraising for Prostate cancer, special thanks to Henry for the parking permit. To @Tracey and Bob Bolder and all the Lifers I met today. As usual Bailey proved quite popular with all ages with requests for photos and cuddles.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Footfall definitely went down after you left, although balancing buckets on heads seem to get people interested again.

just over £750 raised I think, well done all.
  • Options
    @TCE Thank you and Bailey so much for helping today. Bailey drew in the crowds and without him we would of not raised so much money.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Footfall definitely went down after you left, although balancing buckets on heads seem to get people interested again.

just over £750 raised I think, well done all.

Wow.....That's a fantastic amount, well done everyone. We met people outside who had met you all and they came over just to say goodbye. I got told half a story by a security man about a phone call to say Bailey was on the premises. Anyone hear about this?
  • Options
    Little bump if anyone's feeling generous.

@Tracey has miraculously got the one and only John Robinson to take part coming all the way over from the states for it, i'm hoping he shouts at me a little less than he did the poor old linesman :smiley: . Be good if we could get his fundraising moving for him......

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-robinson1992

• Options
    I’m due to send an email end of this month. Everyone gets their bonus,so I’m hoping my colleagues feel generous !
  • Options

This is coming around a bit too fast - I need to up my training!

Still plenty of time for people to donate though :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

This is coming around a bit too fast - I need to up my training!

Still plenty of time for people to donate though :-)

Are you in Bromley this weekend?
    @Henry Irving for allowing me to park at Irving Mansions.
    We should arrive 09.30/10.00.......
  • Options
    Possibly, by the way, the car park I previously mentioned is now open 24 hours and no height restriction.
  • Options

• Options
    A great day out fundraising with TeamCharlton yesterday lots of laughs and some sad stories told to me by members of public. Highlight on the laughs side was a nameless lifer asking if he looked ridiculous as his were protruding from the bottom of the chicken outfit he was wearing! And who has ever heard of a chicken called "Robin" 
    Sadly I was told by a lady her husband had passed away last month from prostate cancer. He had not told her he was passing blood and never went to his GPs until sadly it was too late, the cancer had moved on to his liver. Her message was "go get checked out guys" 
    Another lady who with her husband told me he had to have further tests and an examination told me, the examination  may see a little invasive or embarrassing but the possible outcome is far worse. Too which he replied, "I don't know the examination wasn't that bad" the lady went very red and laughingly called him a dirty b*st*rd. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    A great day out fundraising with TeamCharlton yesterday lots of laughs and some sad stories told to me by members of public. Highlight on the laughs side was a nameless lifer asking if he looked ridiculous as his were protruding from the bottom of the chicken outfit he was wearing! And who has ever heard of a chicken called "Robin" 
    Sadly I was told by a lady her husband had passed away last month from prostate cancer. He had not told her he was passing blood and never went to his GPs until sadly it was too late, the cancer had moved on to his liver. Her message was "go get checked out guys" 
    Another lady who with her husband told me he had to have further tests and an examination told me, the examination  may see a little invasive or embarrassing but the possible outcome is far worse. Too which he replied, "I don't know the examination wasn't that bad" the lady went very red and laughingly called him a dirty b*st*rd. 
    Always worth remembering that if you have a high PSA reading you now have the right to undergo an MRI scan to determine whether you have prostate cancer, or just an enlarged prostate. This is of course far less invasive and uncomfortable than having a biopsy. You can insist on it. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    T_C_E said:
    Always worth remembering that if you have a high PSA reading you now have the right to undergo an MRI scan to determine whether you have prostate cancer, or just an enlarged prostate. This is of course far less invasive and uncomfortable than having a biopsy. You can insist on it. 
    That’s good to know as I find out the result of mt PSA tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    T_C_E said:
    That’s good to know as I find out the result of mt PSA tomorrow. 
    Mine was 7.5 for reference. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Footfall definitely went down after you left, although balancing buckets on heads seem to get people interested again. just over £750 raised I think, well done all.
    Wow.....That's a fantastic amount, well done everyone. We met people outside who had met you all and they came over just to say goodbye. I got told half a story by a security man about a phone call to say Bailey was on the premises. Anyone hear about this?
    I've heard gervais talk about one of your dog's on a few podcasts now, you could charge for photos with that one :) 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    shine166 said:
    T_C_E said:
    Footfall definitely went down after you left, although balancing buckets on heads seem to get people interested again. just over £750 raised I think, well done all.
    I've heard gervais talk about one of your dog's on a few podcasts now, you could charge for photos with that one :) 
    One of mine? 
    Are you sure It wasn't Mrs Redmidland? I believe he may have an Anchaz dog from her.
    edit:
    if it was one of mine, can you link the podcast please. We'd love to hear what he has to say. 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know the start time? I believe I've read it maybe as early as 07.00 if that's the case I need to be staying in London area the night before. Does anyone else do this?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Does anyone know the start time? I believe I've read it maybe as early as 07.00 if that's the case I need to be staying in London area the night before. Does anyone else do this?
    Myself and @_nam11 will be staying somewhere in Stratford the evening before. I can't remember the exact start time but it is early that you need to be there. 

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    T_C_E said:
    Myself and @_nam11 will be staying somewhere in Stratford the evening before. I can't remember the exact start time but it is early that you need to be there. 

Cheers @LouisMend just parking to sort now! 😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I stayed at the Holiday Inn near the stadium in the shopping centre. Incredibly comfortable beds. Cycling to the stadium with a suitcase was interesting though. 
  • Options
    Hotel sorted, thanks @LouisMend. Cheaper for me to park at Ebbsfleet and train it straight to Stratford walk across the road to the hotel and back again in the morning! Just got to get my dogs past the receptionist. 😂🚴🐕
  • Options
    Could someone please send me link for one of those things for carrying the important stuff on the bike, the first one I ordered wasn't big enough to carry anything, the second I could have put my luggage in it. Que, photos of bikes with baskets on the front! ;) 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Could someone please send me link for one of those things for carrying the important stuff on the bike, the first one I ordered wasn't big enough to carry anything, the second I could have put my luggage in it. Que, photos of bikes with baskets on the front! ;) 

• Options
    T_C_E said:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Did you sort something?

I've got one fo these; https://www.evanscycles.com/topeak-fuel-tank-bag-EV162221
     and a saddle bag: https://www.evanscycles.com/topeak-aero-wedge-quick-clip-saddle-bag-EV162250

But i might get a slightly bigger one of those.