Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football to Amsterdam - Team Addicks

Comments

• Options
    Can I just ask if anyone else on the team has not even sat on a bike yet, or is it just me?
  • Options
    Onlyme said:
    Can I just ask if anyone else on the team has not even sat on a bike yet, or is it just me?
    I'm a bit ahead of you, but not much!

Who's coming on the training ride out of Avery Hill next week, little 40 mile jaunt......... :neutral:
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Onlyme said:

Who's coming on the training ride out of Avery Hill next week, little 40 mile jaunt......... :neutral:
    Yup
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Onlyme said:

Yup
    Going to try. ๐Ÿšด๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    Onlyme said:
    I'm about 10 miles ahead of you, saw earlier on the fb page. One of the northern guys trying to swop his XL cycling shirt for a larger size so my target is to be a bike length in front of him.ย  :)
  • Options
    I went out yesterday morning for the first time and done 13 miles just to break my arse in :smiley: !!
  • Options
    Im seriously lagging D, have you got your riders pack through the post yet?
  • Options
    Not Yet. I think it is expected soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where does your upcoming 40 miler start and finish?
    Can anyone come along and give moral support?
  • Options
    Good bit of training today, was very lagging the last couple of miles, good to meet some of the people also riding this year.

From Avery Hill down to the Gravesend CycloPark, spot of lunch then back again. Wish I'd known about the Cycle park before, I might take a day off work and spend the day there running up some miles if anyone fancies it. Be nice to do that and not have to play with traffic.

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Good bit of training today, was very lagging the last couple of miles, good to meet some of the people also riding this year.

From Avery Hill down to the Gravesend CycloPark, spot of lunch then back again. Wish I'd known about the Cycle park before, I might take a day off work and spend the day there running up some miles if anyone fancies it. Be nice to do that and not have to play with traffic.

Hiya, just got home.ย 
    If you or anyone you can contact the lady that was cramping she needs checking on. She dropped out 2 miles from home, I found her in a bad way on the floor after making my way back to the van. She insisted she was fine but was vomiting... she probably fine and hopefully she is.ย 
  • Options
    That doesn't sound good, was she in your group? I think I know who it was, works for the Trust, but I don't have any contact details, i'll ping Tracey a text.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    That doesn't sound good, was she in your group? I think I know who it was, works for the Trust, but I don't have any contact details, i'll ping Tracey a text.
    Yes she was.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Yes she was.
    Tracey had heard from her, and all OK.
  • Options
    If anyone fancies it Iโ€™ll be at the Gravesend Cyclopark this Friday, probably about 1pm to get some miles in.
  • Options
    My Team Addicks squad number has arrived. 19 for me, I'll be playing the Albie Morgan role. A promising youngster with loads of energy and potential, yep. That sounds exactly like me. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    TCE, Turn it round, u sure its not 91, your age ??

• Options
    Well i'm number 37. Nothing mentioned about Hotel etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I did notice the coach is returning via Belgium (Eurostar)ย 
    I know a nice little town for a stop off...... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    You could reserve a couple of rooms, in case people are really tired. If you donโ€™t need them I believe you can cancel until quite close to your check in time...?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    T_C_E said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    You could reserve a couple of rooms, in case people are really tired. If you donโ€™t need them I believe you can cancel until quite close to your check in time...?
    Haven't done that for a few weeks, probably when started getting followers on trip advisor! ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    Last bump as less than a week to go.

Still not too late to sponsor this great cause if you do wish, if so go for some of those with the least raised.

https://www.justgiving.com/teams/cafcaddicks
  • Options
    Aye, this time next week I'll just be reaching Dagenham! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿšด๐Ÿ˜œ
  • Options
    Thank you (I think :) ) to all those who found it in their hearts to sponsor me, we will be approaching Amsterdam this time next week. (Hopefully I caught the boat) still time to sponsor these guys. ;)
    https://www.justgiving.com/teams/cafcaddicks
  • Options
    Iโ€™m trying to put a playlist together for the ride, to play while we are peddling to Amsterdam.
    Any requests?
  • Options
    Remember to breathe- Eagle eye Cherry ๐Ÿšด๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    Onlyme said:
    Iโ€™m trying to put a playlist together for the ride, to play while we are peddling to Amsterdam.
    Any requests?

Queen, Bicycle Race.ย 
  • Options
    Before any one asks, Iโ€™ve already got โ€˜twist and Shoutโ€™.ย