Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football to Amsterdam - Team Addicks

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    I’d be listening to the commentary on Acast!
  • Options
    Play-off winning hero, Patrick Bauer, has donated a match worn shirt to help raise money for Prostate Cancer UK.
    The signed and worn 2018/19 third kit has been put up for auction by Player Liaison officer, Tracey Leaburn, on eBay and supporters can bid for the item by following this link.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cf67ae8405bf/match-worn-patrick-bauer-shirt-to-go-on-auction-for-prostate-cancer-uk
  • Options
    The very best of luck to all those brave souls that are taking part in this epic journey to raise funds for a charity close to our hearts. 

Hope the conditions are kind to you and that you have a fantastic experience.

Stay safe, guys and gals.

RESPECT from the Fanackapans. 
  • Options
    Thanks Fanny,

Winds are only going to be 45mph on Saturday.... hopefully in the right direction!!

It's going to be tuff for some of us, but we'll get through with the Charlton fighting spirit.
  • Options
    Just going to bed😀

• Options
    Despite the weather conditions and my knees giving way it was a great weekend and so pleased and proud at what we raised. Sadistically I can't wait until next year!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Despite the weather conditions and my knees giving way it was a great weekend and so pleased and proud at what we raised. Sadistically I can't wait until next year!

Hope you mean masochisticly

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for putting the link up Ray 👍🏻
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Onlyme said:
    Thanks for putting the link up Ray 👍🏻
    No worries mate, can't work out why you have click the link.
    Edit.....sorted.
  • Options
    Onlyme said:
    I would just like to congratulate everyone who completed this ride.The weather conditions were awful on both days. 
    Our team was made up from Club & Trust staff, fans, friends. and ex players. (We also adopted ‘Paul Parker’ for the weekend)!
    I understand that our team has just gone over the £50k mark. Which is unbelievable ! 
    Special thanks goes to Tracey Leaburn for organising and putting the team together. 👏👏👏🎉🎉

FANTASTIC !!!!

Well done each & every one of you ! 

True heroes ! 
  • Options
    Well done everyone. Great effort.

Mind you the selfies on a bike at the end is a bit stupid. 
  • Options
    iainment said:

Why stupid? I for one was filming the whole team finishing what was an epic effort in very difficult conditions. We were poodling along on cycle lanes and pavements so no safety issues other than losing balance and making a prat of ourselves. 
    Some of the footage I filmed during some of the most inclement weather has been used by me and other riders (not just from Team Addicks) to boost fundraising efforts. This added 240 quid on my page in just over 24 hours. Maybe you can top that up by a few more.;) 
     https://www.justgiving.com/Mark-Newell5
  • Options
    iainment said:

Why stupid? I for one was filming the whole team finishing what was an epic effort in very difficult conditions. We were poodling along on cycle lanes and pavements so no safety issues other than losing balance and making a prat of ourselves. 
    Some of the footage I filmed during some of the most inclement weather has been used by me and other riders (not just from Team Addicks) to boost fundraising efforts. This added 240 quid on my page in just over 24 hours. Maybe you can top that up by a few more.;) 
    I'm sorry but taking selfies whilst cycling is a crash waiting to happen. Whatever the circumstances.
    Again though well done all who did the ride.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:

I'm sorry but taking selfies whilst cycling is a crash waiting to happen. Whatever the circumstances.
    Again though well done all who did the ride.

As is cycling in gale force winds and torrential rain, but we soldiered on.

Just heard Tracey's sister (Kristi) has ruptured her Achilles although not sure if that was through cycling or dancing or both :-)

• Options
    Well done everyone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just out of interest can anyone recommend a brand / type of cycling pants to buy please, have never bought them before, but could do with some (new)!

thankyou and well done all who took part in this.
  • Options
    I find these the most comfortable, no sore ass to Amsterdam 

https://www.evanscycles.com/endura-fs260-pro-short-EV292255
  • Options
    Well done all. You could hear the wind howling on that video so it must of been tough
  • Options
    Over £52,000 raised by Team Addicks. That is stupendous!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I find these the most comfortable, no sore ass to Amsterdam 

https://www.evanscycles.com/endura-fs260-pro-short-EV292255
    Ass is a donkey.