Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    Shame that Bauer has his problem at the same time Bielik is dealing with his shoulder

Cant remember the last rest that Patrick had and would have been good to rest all of them if possible
  • Options
    1. Doubt whether the injuries are that bad, an excuse to rest them?
    2. Will one of you incompetent excuses for senior management sort out Bowyer’s contract. NOW.
  • Options
    Shame that Bauer has his problem at the same time Bielik is dealing with his shoulder

Cant remember the last rest that Patrick had and would have been good to rest all of them if possible
    Not ideal, but the solution is to play Pearce and Sarr together for one game. Keep Bauer on the bench in case of emergencies.

While it would be nice to win all 5 games, we don't need to win the next 2, it's the following 3 games which count!
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Not ideal, but the solution is to play Pearce and Sarr together for one game. Keep Bauer on the bench in case of emergencies.

While it would be nice to win all 5 games, we don't need to win the next 2, it's the following 3 games which count!
    Or play a back three with Dijksteel in Defence and Lapslie as the wing-back

George has played there before this season, not just at Oxford
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    "Just a few stumbling blocks" re Aribo's contract......See ya Joe!
    Joe wants to stay his agent has good offers from elsewhere. It depends what we offer!
    He's leaving then.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Joe wants to stay his agent has good offers from elsewhere. It depends what we offer!
    Thats rubbish IMO

If Joe wants to stay he stays, its not down to hia agent if he stays or not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.
    An agent doesnt decide a players future.

A player decides, if he truly wants to stay he will stay, if he wants more money he will go.

I dont blame him if he does go all I am saying is to suggest a player wants to stay but its up to his agent is rubbish
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

He didn't say it was down to his agent, he said it was down to what we offer.

Quite obviously Aribo isn't going to stay if we offer 4k a week and another club offers 8k.

A better way of phrasing it would be, 'Aribo wants to stay if we can give him a suitable offer'.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.

A player decides, if he truly wants to stay he will stay, if he wants more money he will go.

I dont blame him if he does go all I am saying is to suggest a player wants to stay but its up to his agent is rubbish
    Not what Redhenry said
  • Options
    I would have thought the division we're in would have a massive effect on whether he stays or not. I can't see him wanting to play in L1 next season
  • Options
    I am deeply concerned that Roland doesn't care if LB stays and we will get a manager in next season that costs pennies - Dave Hockaday anyone?
  • Options
    I am deeply concerned that Roland doesn't care if LB stays and we will get a manager in next season that costs pennies - Dave Hockaday anyone?
    Dont worry about it, LDT has said in his opinion Roland will not own the club next season
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.

An agent looks for the best possible offers for a player.

Agents decide a players future once they waive an offer under a players nose.

Money talks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.

Money talks.
    Thats rubbish

Again if a player really wants to play for a club they will stay, if they want the money they will move

An agent cant hold a gun to a playerd head and force a move.

If Joe or anyone else moves for money I dont blame them at all.

But an agent DOES NOT decide a players future, the player decides his future all the agent can do is give his opinion
    Can we agree that an agent can influence a players decision but the decision is that of the player. Money does talk though, so unless Joe is a die hard Charlton fan then he will leave for a higher offer and rightly so.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.

Money talks.

Sadly, I have it on first hand info that all of the good players in our squad have ALREADY had outline offers (via their agents) from other clubs for next season  - be it Bosman (would you come to us for X a week) or sale (would you come to us for X a week if we bought you). 

All are waiting to see what happens re promotion and LB/Jacko. 

Yes - our next five (?) games are crucial, we won’t assemble a team like this for next year in L1 and RD is a prat.  
    No, I’m not naming names, or scaring the children. 
  • Options
    Any player with a knock, minor or not, simply can't be risked. If we play a weakened team and lose, no big deal!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.

Money talks.

Sadly, I have it on first hand info that all of the good players in our squad have ALREADY had outline offers (via their agents) from other clubs for next season  - be it Bosman (would you come to us for X a week) or sale (would you come to us for X a week if we bought you). 

Yes - our next five (?) games are crucial, we won’t assemble a team like this for next year in L1 and RD is a prat.  

@paulie8290 please note the above.

The first thing a player asks when an agent tells him a club is interested, "how much are they paying?".

"3 times what I'm on now? Where do I sign?"
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.

Money talks.

The first thing a player asks when an agent tells him a club is interested, "how much are they paying?".

I aint disagreeing with that am I

I am saying that an agent cant make the final decision, i even stated above that if a player want to move because the money is more than fair enough.

But you cant say a player wants to stay but their agent is making them move.

If a player wants to stay and be on less money then their is nothing the agent can do
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.

Money talks.

I am saying that an agent cant make the final decision, i even stated above that if a player want to move because the money is more than fair enough.

If a player wants to stay and be on less money then their is nothing the agent can do
    I think you're arguing against a point that wasn't even made.

Redhenry said "Joe wants to stay his agent has good offers from elsewhere. It depends what we offer!"

No mention of his agent making him move anywhere. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Thats rubbish IMO

Not what Redhenry said.

Money talks.

I think you're arguing against a point that wasn't even made.

Redhenry said "Joe wants to stay his agent has good offers from elsewhere. It depends what we offer!"

No mention of his agent making him move anywhere. 
    My original point was if he wants to stay he will, but their have been other times and it could end up being the case with Joe that if he does leave people will say its cos of his agent, I am saying it wouldnt be the case of that
  • Options
    Any player with a knock, minor or not, simply can't be risked. If we play a weakened team and lose, no big deal!
    I wonder how the league would view fielding a weakened team....
  • Options
    Hence Bowyer telling us in a press conference who has knocks. The League can't punish you for deciding not to risk a player with a knock.. 
  • Options
    If Joe has good offers from elsewhere is anyone confident that we will match or even get close to them ? I think there is little doubt that our belts will be tightened again in the summer.