Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    philcafc said:
    Great goal by PSG. United being outclassed.
    2nd half I agree

Losing Lingard and Martial has messed them up
  • Options
    Lovely goal!
    Yeah nothing wrong that one

Shame he was happy staying in an largely uncompetitive Ligue 1 when he left Monaco
    But glad he did...just because it’s funny that Neymar left Barca to get out of a Messi shadow and jumped straight into an Mbappe one.
  • Options
    Said on the betting thread that people underestimate PSG because of no Neymar or Cavani. Their team is fantastic without both, and they’ve dominated united tonight.
    Still have questions over PSG coming up against one of the real contendors for the Champions League this season; i.e. Man Utd regardless of their resurgance under Solskjaer are still a way off being competitive at this level

We saw PSG struggle at Anfield for example and still think they'll struggle to win this because of being unable to raise to the level required from their weekly Ligue 1 level
  • Options
    Karlan is just to quick for United's slow defense 
  • Options
    Said on the betting thread that people underestimate PSG because of no Neymar or Cavani. Their team is fantastic without both, and they’ve dominated united tonight.
    I wouldnt say the have dominated all night 2nd half yes but 1st half United were slightly on top.

Losing Lingard and Martial has meant United have lost so much pace and you can see the PSG full backs going further forward knowing the pace has gone from United and thats why PSG have dominated the 2nd half
  • Options
    I wouldnt say the have dominated all night 2nd half yes but 1st half United were slightly on top.

Losing Lingard and Martial has meant United have lost so much pace and you can see the PSG full backs going further forward knowing the pace has gone from United and thats why PSG have dominated the 2nd half
    Considering PSG are away at one of the in form teams in the country, the way they limited United and mainly controlled the tempo of the first half is exactly how their game plan was, I imagine, intended to plan out. Then second half they’ve dominated possession and been clinical. The injuries may have scuppered United s plans but PSGs have been perfect.
  • Options
    If Sanchez is on 300K a week, shouldn't he at least try ?
  • Options
    Red card coming today
    Ref seems very card happy
    As I said
  • Options
    Kimpembe is probably pissing himself with laughter at that!!
  • Options

Considering PSG are away at one of the in form teams in the country, the way they limited United and mainly controlled the tempo of the first half is exactly how their game plan was, I imagine, intended to plan out. Then second half they’ve dominated possession and been clinical. The injuries may have scuppered United s plans but PSGs have been perfect.
    Spot on. PSG have got it perfect tonight.
    Think United have only had 1 shot on target.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like United will be concentrating on Top 4 now
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Looks like United will be concentrating on Top 4 now
    And FA Cup

Solskjaer has already said he wants a trophy this season
  • Options
    As refereeing performances go this has been awful. Not been an overly dirty game and the guy has handed out yellows like they are going out of fashion.
  • Options
    Personally I always enjoy watching moan utd be outplayed on nights like this!

And those PSG fans have been taking the piss all night as well. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    As refereeing performances go this has been awful. Not been an overly dirty game and the guy has handed out yellows like they are going out of fashion.
    Continue to struggle to understand how people think our Referees in the Premier League are worse than any others from the European Leagues
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Pretty standard for an Italian ref
  • Options
    David Moyes remains the only United manager to win a CL knockout game since the 2010-11 season. United could well finish 4th in Premier but long way behind in Europe.
  • Options

Yeah but its PSG

They're one of the ultimate plastic clubs!!
  • Options
    David Moyes remains the only United manager to win a CL knockout game since the 2010-11 season. United could well finish 4th in Premier but long way behind in Europe.
    He’s still got 4 months on his United contract.
    best they bring him back for the 2nd leg
  • Options
    From where they were in the league, they'd be happy with that plus a chance in the FA Cup. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bring back the days when Man Utd were beaten by Basel and Bilbao and Liverpool by Braga
  • Options
    I wonder how the likes of Man City would do in the Champions League if they were in such an uncompetitive Domestic League

Personally feel that English clubs struggle these days because if one of the top six were to drop points (Its possible against any team in the Premier League) then their title hopes are at threat and even their Champions League hopes are at threat

Means they dont have the beauty of resting (I know Neymar and Cavani have been injured) ahead of nights like this
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I wonder how the likes of Man City would do in the Champions League if they were in such an uncompetitive Domestic League

Personally feel that English clubs struggle these days because if one of the top six were to drop points (Its possible against any team in the Premier League) then their title hopes are at threat and even their Champions League hopes are at threat

Means they dont have the beauty of resting (I know Neymar and Cavani have been injured) ahead of nights like this
    Were you not saying earlier that PSG will struggle in the CL because they have such an easy domestic league?
    But also saying that English clubs struggle as Prem is so tough.

not digging you out. Just curious.
    Guessing a league like Spain (where 3 teams can win the league) is a happy medium?
  • Options

Were you not saying earlier that PSG will struggle in the CL because they have such an easy domestic league?
    But also saying that English clubs struggle as Prem is so tough.

not digging you out. Just curious.
    Guessing a league like Spain (where 3 teams can win the league) is a happy medium?
    True and your right to raise me on it as I did say that earlier - Its why I think they'll ultimately fall to a Barcelona or Real Madrid who have another team to challenge them domestically yet dont have enough challengers to hinder team selection the way English sides do.
  • Options
    Despite only losing 2-0
    Thats uniteds biggest home defeat in europe

That is amazing
  • Options
    De Maria plays for United for a season and  is average. Why does he get dogs abuse getting off the coach and during the game, culminating in his verbals back to the crowd where soon after he get bottles lobbed at him. 
    IF the idea was to put him off his game it didn't work, Sanchez who may be sued for fraud as he is taking money under false pretences is now aware of the reception he will get when the chinese team he goes to play a friendly against United at the Biggest Library in England. 
  • Options
    one thing that is getting increasingly annoying is the double standards by the police regarding football these european tobies come over ( witnessed a lot working v close to stamford bridge ) drink in the streets, smash bottles, leave rubbish behind, lights lots of flares etc, take over trains and public transport - and it is very much accepted - yet flares/smokes in an english ground and some people think it is the start of ww3
  • Options
    Anyone see the Ajax fans.

Went to the hotel where the Real Madrid players were staying at 3AM and sarted playing loud music and setting fireworks off
  • Options
    regarding the ajax fans above, what about the non real madrid players staying at the hotel - wankers need to get a life, all up for a bit of atmosphere but thats quite sad imo, go to the pub have a few drinks with your pals go in the ground and watch the game.