Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    2-1 Plzen
  • Options
    Got a stream up now. BT :-)

Real are a disgrace.
  • Options
    Oh man, just missed again...

they are saying its a cracking second half
  • Options
    Plzen beat Roma and snatch 3rd
  • Options
    CSKA took 6 points off Madrid. Madrid didn’t even have that bad a side out!
  • Options
    2 x famous gritty 2-1 victories in two nights. Just wish I'd had tickets for the match tonight. I think the pubs down there will break all records.
  • Options
    Not a great minute of football for Manchester clubs.

Bothered
  • Options
    I can't tell if Gabriel Jesus is good at football or not. Think he suffers from being in Aguero's shadow
  • Options
    Sane goal- how hard did he hit that?
  • Options
    Jesus Christ. Muller straight red for Bayern, now 10 a side.
    Muller just almost took someone’s head off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roma, Real Madrid, Juventus & Man United all already through, all lost.
    Almost 900/1 for the four wins.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Atletico Madrid v Juventus
    Schalke 04 v Manchester City
    Manchester United v Paris St-Germain
    Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund

Good chance for Jadon Sancho to show what he can do against an English team

Lyon v Barcelona
    Roma v FC Porto
    Ajax v Real Madrid
    Liverpool v Bayern Munich
  • Options
    Happy with that draw. Its winnable.
  • Options
    Its also England v Germany for all but one of our ties...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Dortmund are on fire this season.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

A lot can happen between now and February though. Teams lose form, players get injured etc. It's a tough tie, but certainly winnable for Spurs.
  • Options
    Yeah Dortmund et al are about to have a month long break which'll potentially mess with their momentum
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Yep, cant deny that but its still winnable.
    If we bring our A game, we can beat anybody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Barcelona Liverpool city ..........
  • Options
    Atletico Madrid v Juventus
    Schalke 04 v Manchester City
    Manchester United v Paris St-Germain
    Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund
    Lyon v Barcelona
    Roma v FC Porto
    Ajax v Real Madrid
    Liverpool v Bayern Munich

is who i think goes through
  • Options
    Juve
    Man City
    PSG
    Dortmund
    Barcelona
    Porto
    Real Madrid
    Liverpool
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Dortmund are a much better side than they were 2/3 years ago. They’ve recovered from the hangover of losing Lewandowksi and Gotze (when he was world class) and have Reus back firing

That being said I think that’ll be a tight tie, I’d even fancy spurs more if they didn’t have a history of bottling at key times.
    A lot of people will look at Liverpool as the underdogs. It depends how in tact their defensive line is but I think Bayern will be the more worried of the two sides

On the whole that’s one of the best draws I’ve seen. Every game could go either way.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Dortmund are a much better side than they were 2/3 years ago. They’ve recovered from the hangover of losing Lewandowksi and Gotze (when he was world class) and have Reus back firing

That being said I think that’ll be a tight tie, I’d even fancy spurs more if they didn’t have a history of bottling at key times.
    A lot of people will look at Liverpool as the underdogs. It depends how in tact their defensive line is but I think Bayern will be the more worried of the two sides

On the whole that’s one of the best draws I’ve seen. Every game could go either way.

Apart from PSG vs Man U... I reckon Jones and Smalling are having nightmares about Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani already.
  • Options
    A few decent 50/50s in there, Bayern/Liverpool, Spurs/Dortmund, Athletico/Juve and Roma/Porto you can make a case for either side.

One game I am interested in is Ajax/Madrid. Ajax had a good group stage and Tadic is bang in form. Madrid have also been shocking by their standards this season.

Main upsets that could happen are obviously Man U, Lyon and Schalke
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Apart from PSG vs Man U... I reckon Jones and Smalling are having nightmares about Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani already.
    I think this is the worst United side I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Saying that it’s United, you can never rule them out
    PSG massive underperforms in the knockout stages too.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I think Bayern will be gutted at drawing Liverpool instead of Man U!
  • Options
    I'd expect Liverpool to beat Bayern unless they suffer a run of injuries or dramtic loss of form
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Yep, cant deny that but its still winnable.
    If we bring our A game, we can beat anybody.
    Except Arsenal the other week :-)

And Barcelona Liverpool city ..........

And clearly we didn't bring our A game to any of the 4 games did we, FFS.

Oh and you missed off the mighty Watford from that list too.