Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018

Atletico Madrid v Juventus
    Schalke 04 v Manchester City
    Manchester United v Paris St-Germain
    Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund
    Lyon v Barcelona
    Roma v FC Porto
    Ajax v Real Madrid
    Liverpool v Bayern Munich

is who i think goes through

Agree with this, Dortmund only one that could be tricky if they are firing but Spurs if they play well should win.

Actually toughest one to call is Liverpool v Munich, Bayern slightly for me but you know what liverpool can do on a European night
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If the match was next week I'd put Liverpool (along with Man City) as THE banker from those games.

Munich a shadow of themselves this season (and every question re form or negative comment etc is answered with the same "rebuilding at the end of the season" answer) Liverpool meanwhile look awesome.

A lot can change between now and February though
  • Options
    Now this is what I don't agree with.

As soon as we're drawn in the CL against Dortmund on the Wednesday night (13th Feb), Sky move the game against Leicester originally scheduled for Sat 9th at 3pm to Sun 10th at 1:30pm, giving us one days less rest. Ridiculous. The PL should be helping teams competiting in the CL, not hindering them. Most of the other European Leagues allow their CL clubs to play on the Friday night or Saturday afternoon to accomodate.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

As soon as we're drawn in the CL against Dortmund on the Wednesday night (13th Feb), Sky move the game against Leicester originally scheduled for Sat 9th at 3pm to Sun 10th at 1:30pm, giving us one days less rest. Ridiculous. The PL should be helping teams competiting in the CL, not hindering them. Most of the other European Leagues allow their CL clubs to play on the Friday night or Saturday afternoon to accomodate.

Completely agree. No reason your game couldn't be Saturday lunchtime.

You should also be concerned that you play Arsenal 3 days before the 2nd leg so you can't really rest anyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

JohnBoyUK said:

Completely agree. No reason your game couldn't be Saturday lunchtime.

You should also be concerned that you play Arsenal 3 days before the 2nd leg so you can't really rest anyone.
    Poch wouldnt rest players for either game. FA Cup 5th round (if we get that far) is following weekend (Sat 16th) so will be a rotated team or a weekend off.
  • Options
    Well I’ve cursed Dortmund straight away
  • Options

they've had 73% posession away from home!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

They’re in my bet John, its standard for this to happen.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

They’re in my bet John, its standard for this to happen.
    ouch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Man Utd
  • Options
    Red card coming today
    Ref seems very card happy
  • Options
    5 yellows in the first 33 minutes now
  • Options
    kylian Mbappe is like a young Karlan Grant.
  • Options
    How was that not a second yellow for Young?
  • Options
    Ashley Young very lucky to still be on the pitch
  • Options
    Unlike Di Maria.
  • Options
    So is Pogba
    So is Kimpembe
  • Options
    Hopefully another Bird will shite in Young's mouth

Should have been an instant red for doing that with the slope @ Old Trafford - Little prick knew what he was doing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Martial and Lingard off injured
    Ouch
  • Options
    Well thats a controversial goal...
  • Options
    The goal celebration shows that Di Maria learned an Anglo Saxon phrase when he was in Manchester 
  • Options
    The dirty southern bastards giving it large to Di Maria.
  • Options
    Commentators slagging the united fans off for throwing things at Di Maria and rightly so.

Yet no mention of Di Maria telling  the United fans to F Off when PSG scored.

Throwing things should not happen but the players cant expect to tell fans to F off with no reaction
  • Options
    Lovely goal!
  • Options
    Great goal by PSG. United being outclassed.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Lovely goal!
    Yeah nothing wrong that one

Shame he was happy staying in an largely uncompetitive Ligue 1 when he left Monaco
  • Options
    Mbappe was 4 yards behind the defenders just outside the box, by the time he scored 6 yards out he was a yard in front.
    Frightening pace that no defender can cope with
  • Options
    Said on the betting thread that people underestimate PSG because of no Neymar or Cavani. Their team is fantastic without both, and they’ve dominated united tonight.