Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    You have to assume that PSG will beat Red Star.

That means that Liverpool must beat Napoli at home to progress. They must win either by two goals OR 1-0.

Winning 2-1/3-2/4-3 would see Liverpool eliminated.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Red Star are a different prospect at home.
    4 points vs Liverpool and Napoli.

You’d still expect PSG to win though
  • Options
    Liverpool have made a bit of a mess of their CL group this season
  • Options
    Liverpool don't deserve to go through, especially having lost all their away games. But i think they will beat Napoli convincingly and go through.

Spurs have a mountain to climb, although Barca may well rest players.
  • Options
    Come on Napoli!!
  • Options
    I'm just glad I'm going to Barcelona to see a match where the result will mean something and not a dead rubber. It would have been a long way to go to watch both reserve teams!
  • Options
    Tonight is set to be a great Champions League night.
  • Options
    Even though the result doesn't matter i can see Barca winning tonight as a statement of intent and they would rather Spurs go out than Inter surely? Big spurs performance needed tonight, not sure they will be able to handle Messi if he is playing
  • Options
    Unfortunately I see Liverpool winning by 2 goals
  • Options
    Barcelona are resting a LOT of players due to niggles etc.
    I'm not saying the Nou Camp is an easy place to go but Spurs are playing them at the perfect time.
    Surprise away win: 0-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a fan of Italian football over any other league in Europe I'll be supporting Inter and Napoli tonight, just happens that they would knock out the two English clubs.
  • Options

As a fan of Italian football over any other league in Europe I'll be supporting Inter and Napoli tonight, just happens that they would knock out the two English clubs.

Definitely supporting Napoli. Not too bothered about Spurs.

Napoli certainly have the quality to get through but it is whether they have the mentality. As up until last year they used to play their B team in the Champions League. Hopefully Ancelotti has changed the mind set. I believe they have the quality to win the whole thing. Only their mentality holds them back.
  • Options
    Stats look good for liverpool.

Liverpool unbeaten at home in the CL for 18 games. W13 D5.

Napoli no away wins in 6. D2 L4.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Napoli certainly have the quality to get through but it is whether they have the mentality. As up until last year they used to play their B team in the Champions League. Hopefully Ancelotti has changed the mind set. I believe they have the quality to win the whole thing. Only their mentality holds them back.
    Yeah, last year I think the whole club believed it was their best chance to win the league and they sort of put all their eggs into that basket and discarded the Champions League.
    I think Ancelotti is the right man to have in charge if you want to change that mentality and target both, which a club full of their talent should be doing. (even if Juventus do look stronger than ever)
  • Options

dizzee said:

Yeah, last year I think the whole club believed it was their best chance to win the league and they sort of put all their eggs into that basket and discarded the Champions League.
    I think Ancelotti is the right man to have in charge if you want to change that mentality and target both, which a club full of their talent should be doing. (even if Juventus do look stronger than ever)
    And they seem to be able to keep hold of their stars on the whole. The only problem is Juve are just so strong that I think they would win any domestic league in Europe.
  • Options
    Can see both Spurs and Liverpool getting knocked out tonight.
  • Options
    Spurs top players are looking like they are finding good form at just the right time. I think they have a decent chance and might put a bet on them before the teamsheets are out.
  • Options
    I think Liverpool will beat Napoli and progress.

Spurs' chances really depend on the lineup Barca put out. I've read they might rest 8-9 players which will certainly give Spurs a decent chance.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

It will be for me, if Real Madrid's players justify their ridiculous salaries and hand the Russians their arses.

Cos then I can look forward to some Europa League games in Plzen in February...

• Options

dizzee said:

It will be for me, if Real Madrid's players justify their ridiculous salaries and hand the Russians their arses.

Cos then I can look forward to some Europa League games in Plzen in February...

Isnt that group tomorrow night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a napoli win would do me - cant stand liverpool and the manager - used to love him at dortmund but nowadays na

were never gonna stop....oh wait... kiev 2018
  • Options
    No Messi or Suarez for Barcelona.
  • Options
    Great solo goal by Dembele.
    Walker-Peters skinned a bit too easily after losing possession
  • Options
    PSV lead at Inter. Good news for Spurs fans.
  • Options
    This is the worst Barca defence I’ve seen play in a while.
    Weird to think we were close to Lenglet 4ish seasons ago.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Were we close?
    I thought we were just interested and a few other teams including Juventus and Barca were also interested.

I may be wrong with that as I dont know but just dont think we were close
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Were we close?
    I thought we were just interested and a few other teams including Juventus and Barca were also interested.

Definitely put in a bid for him. For one reason or another nothing seemed to come of that.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

Were we close?

Definitely put in a bid for him. For one reason or another nothing seemed to come of that.
    Oh ok, didnt realise we put a bid in
  • Options
    Spurs doing a Spurs and putting the pressure on.
  • Options
    Icardi is a magnificent striker