Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Belgium - Thursday 28th June - 7pm

Comments

• Options
    If I was one of the players rested I'd have no worries about walking straight back into the team. Disappointing show from some of those who should have been trying to give Southgate a selection headache. Not all bad though, we've got the better half of the draw now.
  • Options
    Well done England, job done. Onwards to Colombia.
  • Options

Footballs not coming home

It's the B team. Disappointed we have no strength in depth, but we'll have to rely on the first team.
  • Options
    Happy with Columbia as an opponent.
  • Options
    Happy enough with that. Shades of West Germany "intentionally" losing to East Germany in 74 giving them an easier route to the final.
  • Options
    James will play, but he’s 100% nowhere near his best
    I think we have the better squad and should fancy our chances providing we can turn up
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Talal said:

Yes. If you want to equalise, do you bring on -

A Harry Kane

B Danny Welbeck

Answers on a post card.

(Apart from Dazzler of course).

Do we want to equalise?
    Of course we don't. We don't want to face Brazil in the quarters if we get through the 16's.
    I don't buy this. This result is not going to do the camp's confidence any good. Saying that we don't want to play Brazil, what is that saying about that team.

Can't help but feel that this has been a bad move that will have stopped the brilliant momentum this team had.
    Really don't think it will affect confidence. Practically a reserve team out there and lost to a great strike, no humiliation.
  • Options
    Think only Rose would warrant a start next time. Sterling is cack but Rashford not done enough tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players look like they don't give a sh*t about losing. Let's move on and get a result against Colombia.
  • Options
    Already talking about a route to the final, and talking about Colombia likes it's already won

We are the Sheffield Wednesday of international fans
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Laddick01 said:

James will play, but he’s 100% nowhere near his best
    I think we have the better squad and should fancy our chances providing we can turn up

Didn't we just show that we haven't ?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Already talking about a route to the final, and talking about Colombia likes it's already won

It's no coincidence that the odds on Belgium winning the World Cup have lengthened while the odds on England have shortened after that result.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Bloody hell have a bit of optimism.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

There’s a total arrogance about it , so annoying it’s like people forget we have not been any good since 66 and was ok in 90 and 96 that’s it

The rest of the time we have been proper shite
  • Options
    Meaningless game that we've learned nothing from. No-one had a particularly bad game, no-one was very good either. We never play to Vardy's strengths, Loftus-Cheek looks like he struggles to be on the same wavelength as the players around him and Rashford was very focused on his own performance rather than the collective. Dier looked very nervous on the ball and that was the only major disappointment I had today. Other than that it's all a big shrug. We have some strength in depth it's just making 8 changes isn't the way to show it as things are always less fluent.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Two players who need sacking from World Cup -

- Wellshitbeck
    - Sterling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah Southgate has all but admitted it by saying that they had one eye on the 2nd Round also says that we havent suffered for the Rashford miss

Those comments say it all for me
  • Options
    edited June 2018

One of Sweden, Switzerland, Colombia or England will be in the semi final.

If you'd offered me that before the tournament started, I'd have bitten your hand off.

Well put
  • Options

I am sorry to say that I do not think that it is a job done... I think it is business as usual sadly. A soon was we play a half-decent team we lose. Belgium played their reserve team as well. One day..............not in my lifetime again. I was 8 when we won the world cup and have always been let down since then.

So did we. A game where no-one tried was won by one decent strike that came out of nowhere. We might not win the thing but moaning that England are always crap when we qualified after two games having scored 8 goals and rested the scorers of almost all of those goals in the third is just misery for the sake of misery. There's a very good chance we won't win the World Cup but if you can't be positive after the group stage we've had then I don't think following England is for you
  • Options
    This is the best chance we have had to reach the semi finals since 1990.
  • Options
    Early odds for the Colombia game

England 6/5
    Colombia 11/4
    Draw 9/4
  • Options
    Not much point in judging the players performance on a game like that. The only thing I am worried about is if we don’t tun up against Colômbia because we all know what happened against Iceland.
  • Options

Chunes said:

It's no coincidence that the odds on Belgium winning the World Cup have lengthened while the odds on England have shortened after that result.
    I would have thought the same but not on BET365

Last night England were
    15/2
    And Belgium were
    13/2

Now
    England
    15/2
    Belgium
    13/2